American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
In October Delta will leap over us by roughly 25 cents per hour.

In December UAL will bypass us by 42 cents per hour.

I don’t think I see much of an uproar over the disparity in wages just yet and not really this year.

Now if that disparity grew to a dollar or two then the pressure would mount.

Obviously the time you think our Negotiators are continuing to spend on Scope, Vacation, Station Staffing, Medical, Retirement and Wages are wasted time and you want to vote on whatever it is the Company will present to you.

The time they’re spending on this to me is time “Well Spent”

Don’t worry. When it’s all over you’ll feel the same way.
our negotiators? You mean Sito? you know he took a month off for a family vacation last month?
The only vacations he is working on is his own. Otherwise he is a united airline board member trying to tear up our union and sabatoge talks.
Dont get me wrong, it benefits me in the short term but it isnt healthy for the company or me in the longrun.

Weez... you are correct, no one can out debate him (700) because he knows his facts, he presents reputable sources to validate his position...

And most important... he does not spin... with him... "it is what it is"!

Facts are irrefutable but they aren’t always convenient to those who have agendas.

Most of your best posters who dealt in facts are long gone as it just wasn’t worth the arguments here any more.

Today and in Section 6, time is no longer our friend.

We bought some time because of the Wage Adjustment in 2016, but as Fleet falls further behind everyone in the industry, the more leverage the Company gets and that's not considering any external forces that can also influence the proceedings. The work that is hopefully being done is to maximize the CBA in financial and language areas.

N.Y.
Judging by the updates, at least publicly they are saying nothing is getting done. I would hope this isn't a battle of 4 egos in which case only the membership loses.

You misunderstood the point I was making, or I said it wrong. I'm not pointing any fingers except at the TWU people who have in my opinion been patiently waiting upwards of 15 years to vote on something that didn't come with a gun to the head. So for some including yourself it has been far longer then 2 1/2 years.
For some Steve, unfortunately it is a race against time. It's a fine line between getting something the folks on their way out can benefit from and enjoy their last few years and maintaining the integrity of the contract for those who are still there and will be working under future contracts.

Reactions: Steve Walegir
Facts are irrefutable but they aren’t always convenient to those who have agendas.

Most of your best posters who dealt in facts are long gone as it just wasn’t worth the arguments here any more.
Well, it is a war of attrition with a handful here that all gravitate toward the "Union(s) Corrupt" narrative. The problem for them is, their audience abandoned them long ago along with the factual posters.

At least we have a few good tenacious posters still here. Posters that refuse to let the divisional agenda fly... at least not without a FIGHT!
Those are the ones that deseve those Gold and Greens, that just kill aanotok...

>SPIT<

By the way Steve, I haven't heard anything about a $500 a year for length of service bonus. That would be cool, but I think UAL received $200 per year if I'm not mistaken. I don't see AA doing anything that generous.

By the way Steve, I haven't heard anything about a $500 a year for length of service bonus. That would be cool, but I think UAL received $200 per year if I'm not mistaken. I don't see AA doing anything that generous.

Can't say for sure NOTOK, I was quickly shown it but I'm blocked from that page and really don't believe anything from it anyway

Can't say for sure NOTOK, I was quickly shown it but I'm blocked from that page and really don't believe anything from it anyway

Steve are you saying that Tim Nelson has YOU blocked from his “Association Uncensored” Facebook page too?

He must be up to having blocked hundreds of people from “HIS” page?

I love the irony. Claimed “Uncensored” or “Open” Facebook pages that are both heavily censored or not open but restricted by their little tyrant overlords.

Steve are you saying that Tim Nelson has YOU blocked from his “Association Uncensored” Facebook page too?

He must be up to having blocked hundreds of people from “HIS” page?

I love the irony. Claimed “Uncensored” or “Open” Facebook pages that are both heavily censored or not open but restricted by their little tyrant overlords.

Yes it is true, but it has turned into a blessing in disguise. I was able to join Frank Lorenzos How to succeed in the airline business group. It makes me laugh equally as hard at Mr Nelsons unedited unscantioned uneducated extreme wrestlefest for the hardcore game changers.

In October Delta will leap over us by roughly 25 cents per hour.

In December UAL will bypass us by 42 cents per hour.

I don’t think I see much of an uproar over the disparity in wages just yet and not really this year.

Now if that disparity grew to a dollar or two then the pressure would mount.

add in shift differential, ua will be close or even surpass us by a $1 more an hour in december.

ua is the usa's 4th most profitable airline (net income)..back and forth with southwest?

can the assoc. tell us what percentage of ua's revenues & profits filter back to their ramp agents & AMTs?

i would guess that info would change the minds of some and increase support for the 'long fight'.

i've asked this question before and no answer. the only thing missing is how much ua's contracts are worth. ua's top and bottom lines are public knowledge.

For some Steve, unfortunately it is a race against time. It's a fine line between getting something the folks on their way out can benefit from and enjoy their last few years and maintaining the integrity of the contract for those who are still there and will be working under future contracts.

not only a fair contract, but to me, quality of work life is also important.

i don't expect to do 2 back-flips and 3 hand-stands out of joy before going to work. i do expect the company and union to clean up some of the garbage floating around, infecting others and new hires...only to drag down morale.

if the company bent on the c/c vs. lead issue, i see more of the same. may also compel me to take a pin after a contract is signed.

add in shift differential, ua will be close or even surpass us by a $1 more an hour in december.

ua is the usa's 4th most profitable airline (net income)..back and forth with southwest?

can the assoc. tell us what percentage of ua's revenues & profits filter back to their ramp agents & AMTs?

i would guess that info would change the minds of some and increase support for the 'long fight'.

i've asked this question before and no answer. the only thing missing is how much ua's contracts are worth. ua's top and bottom lines are public knowledge.

Look at “Passenger Cargo and Freight Handling”

Not sure that our Association or AA even would have those numbers you’re asking for because I’d assume those would be proprietary and confidential but at least this link and looking up UAL’s reported finances can give you a general idea?

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/default.html

i believe that the iam part of our assoc. could make 1 phone call and find out that ua's contract with ramp is $x-billions for y-years and the same for maintenance.

from there, it's easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.