American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true. I interpret the AMP to be a reasonable resistence to keep the Association accountable.
There has never been any evidence to suggest a majority isnt content with the current union.
I suspect this time will be no different since the guys in charge of the AMP have already pissed off some lus sympathizers who amp blocked due to some paranoid idea that they were spies.

Buck just clarified his earnings to be $108,000 and not $105,000. That comment in itself shows a measure of gloating about how much he makes. He likes that income.

The more money that members make the less they are going to put that money at risk and why a drive of this magnitude won’t be successful. “Money talks, BS walks”

Shockingly I do agree with your “reasonable resistance” comment. Not sure if this is the right time for it though but it is what it is I guess.

Attacking non supporters and fence sitters was their MO all the other times as well. Not a winning strategy.

Buck just clarified his earnings to be $108,000 and not $105,000. That comment in itself shows a measure of gloating about how much he makes. He likes that income.

The more money that members make the less they are going to put that money at risk and why a drive of this magnitude won’t be successful. “Money talks, BS walks”

Shockingly I do agree with your “reasonable resistance” comment. Not sure if this is the right time for it though but it is what it is I guess.

Attacking non supporters and fence sitters was their MO all the other times as well. Not a winning strategy.
Signing a card isnt for everybody. The way I figure, AMP is useful, in the sense that the Association knows it just cant flop on scope. So AMP ought to keep it accountable. I dont think the Association will flop on scope though. Scope was and is a dealbreaker. I doubt fleet even loses Catering, and i wouldnt be surprised if there are 20 B stations giving FSC options at additional airports but maybe at 20% less pay and flexible scope. It may be an option for some if they would rather make $33 in existing stations or $26 in dtw or cle, or bna or ind etc.
Of course, id consider CLE or RSW but in a dream come true id go to some small airport in the cool mountains (but we would never retake tys, avl, chw, or even small coastal airports like chs)

Signing a card isnt for everybody. The way I figure, AMP is useful, in the sense that the Association knows it just cant flop on scope. So AMP ought to keep it accountable. I dont think the Association will flop on scope though. Scope was and is a dealbreaker. I doubt fleet even loses Catering, and i wouldnt be surprised if there are 20 B stations giving FSC options at additional airports but maybe at 20% less pay and flexible scope. It may be an option for some if they would rather make $33 in existing stations or $26 in dtw or cle, or bna or ind etc.
Of course, id consider CLE or RSW but in a dream come true id go to some small airport in the cool mountains (but we would never retake tys, avl, chw, or even small coastal airports like chs)

I doubt the Association accepts the loss of Catering either. Not so sure ultimately about Lav Dumps as it could be given to satisfy a measure of good faith in Negotiations and give the Company at least one small check mark in the win category?

I would absolutely and wholeheartedly support B or Class 2 Stations if they were ones we weren’t already inhabiting. I’m not sure under what stipulations I would feel comfortable to go to one myself in the future but even under your scenario I’m 100% positive my friend Greg would go back home to MEM.

I hope there is support and open minds to make those “options” a reality?

I’ll tell you what WeAAz....when you have to worry about every job you do and make sure it is done to the letter of FAA law, then you can have our TOS wage. I have seen mechanics lose their licenses and essentially their livliehoods due to not following FAR’s. Do you have to worry about losing your licenses? Did you ever have an FAA inspector watch you work a task, then question every step? And God help you if you didn’t follow the procedure verbatim?
I am not saying you and your group do not do your jobs professionally... but questioning why you make less than a mechanic is a bit of a stretch.
I don’t complain because an automotive or plant mechanics makes what amounts to chump change less than I do and doesn’t have he FAA to worry about nor do I complain that a pilot makes more than I do
with not necessarily any higher level of education than I do. All employees in any organization at every level are important. Some just carry more responsibility than others and should be compensated for it!
Extremely well put sir...

Because of the dead people on the list that the twu sent in

Yes, my apologies..
Either way, was not a super majority..
Whether you want to accept it or not, shenanigans was played by the TWU and they DID include dead, retired, former and members turned mangagement.

And it will happen again with an AMP vote, so be prepared.
As close as that AMFA vote was, with you guys going AMP this time will get you guys the cards you need AND the votes you need to rid yourselves of this asso.
I think some were reluctant on AMFA but will be more than willing to go AMP as it will be an AA mechanics union representational (and related) class craft only. In other words, going AMP over AMFA will generate way more interest in going with new union.

Other than LUS has their been another MX group that has stayed with the IAM?

Josh
They are not really maint. but Boeing is still stuck with the IAM. Other than that I don't think any maint. airliners are IAM or TWU.

I doubt the Association accepts the loss of Catering either. Not so sure ultimately about Lav Dumps as it could be given to satisfy a measure of good faith in Negotiations and give the Company at least one small check mark in the win category?

I would absolutely and wholeheartedly support B or Class 2 Stations if they were ones we weren’t already inhabiting. I’m not sure under what stipulations I would feel comfortable to go to one myself in the future but even under your scenario I’m 100% positive my friend Greg would go back home to MEM.

I hope there is support and open minds to make those “options” a reality?
No B scale Weez period.Next contract they we'll try to make A stations B stations.No will cross that bridge when we get to it .The bridge is in front of us now.All B stations did was ***** ***** ***** to this day a buddy in EWR still brings it up

No B scale Weez period.Next contract they we'll try to make A stations B stations.No will cross that bridge when we get to it .The bridge is in front of us now.All B stations did was ***** ***** ***** to this day a buddy in EWR still brings it up

Al did you go to a B Scale under a situation where the stations were already staffed and it was a concession to them or were you ever in a position where the Stations were closed and that’s what it took to open them?

Al did you go to a B Scale under a situation where the stations were already staffed and it was a concession to them or were you ever in a position where the Stations were closed and that’s what it took to open them?
They were already open in pretty sure in all cases I know what you're getting at believe it will cause alot of chit

Ok the newest Association update really is out now and honestly even though a particular rock thrower will respond to this, I’m not going to bother posting it.

The “Official” Association updates have grown to the point of being so bad that I just can’t support them anymore.

If they can’t be more informative they should just stop doing them altogether. (And I’m even wearing an Association shirt at work today)

Tim the update is pretty much saying they are having a difficult time negotiating. Is there a self imposed "11th hour" or deadline for us to go to section 6

Ok the newest Association update really is out now and honestly even though a particular rock thrower will respond to this, I’m not going to bother posting it.

The “Official” Association updates have grown to the point of being so bad that I just can’t support them anymore.

If they can’t be more informative they should just stop doing them altogether. (And I’m even wearing an Association shirt at work today)
And you don't understand why the mechs want the f@#k out?

Reactions: swamt
They were already open in pretty sure in all cases I know what you're getting at believe it will cause alot of chit

I think the Stations we would be talking about would only number a Dozen or two workers anyway Al? MEM only had 13 Rampers when it was closed.

I think it would fly if all the currently open cities were Grandfathered. Any new cities under a particular Flight threshold being Tier 2 and voluntary to transfer into.

I think the Stations we would be talking about would only number a Dozen or two workers anyway Al? MEM only had 13 Rampers when it was closed.

I think it would fly if all the currently open cities were Grandfathered. Any new cities under a particular Flight threshold being Tier 2 and voluntary to transfer into.
And the people hired there would ***** and complain

Funny, on one side you have the mouth pieces pump, pump, pump, and on the other side you have people with inside knowledge, have it wrapped up, know the details. Then in the middle you have the ones who are criticized the most, and yet, they seem to be the most accurate...from day one I might add. Don't know who the rock thrower is, but I do know that I still don't have to decide between baked or fried Crow...I wouldn't say a damn word if mouths didn't open up with that "in your face" attitude that disagreed with my and other opinions. Impossible for some!

Reactions: swamt
Status
Not open for further replies.