American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cream I have know idea who’s doing hiring but after they get here nothing short of a killing will get them in there 90 day period.
I have a friend whose was is class with a guy who is a lazy sorry ass worker,this guy fell asleep in class they didn’t deal with him then now the rest of us are dealing with his lazy ass now
It’s disgraceful
And that's one of the huge unspoken benefits you get working in a union. It doesn't show up in your pay nor is it listed in your benefit package, but the guy you speak of could easily end up with 30 yrs at AA. Hell, it's not out of the question that guy could be the one representing you in a hearing some day, rat.

Cream I have know idea who’s doing hiring but after they get here nothing short of a killing will get them in there 90 day period.
I have a friend whose was is class with a guy who is a lazy sorry ass worker,this guy fell asleep in class they didn’t deal with him then now the rest of us are dealing with his lazy ass now
It’s disgraceful
Yet Rat these will be the same people screaming they need a raise. We have our share of Lazy mechanics at SWA, and I have to deal with them as their lead, sad. You wonder how some of these guys past probation!

Yet Rat these will be the same people screaming they need a raise. We have our share of Lazy mechanics at SWA, and I have to deal with them as their lead, sad. You wonder how some of these guys past probation!
That's why I gave up CC, the extra money is not worth babysitting or fighting the union/management.

Oh how soon we forget huh Jester. Let’s see I think it was only 4 years ago where you received a $4.00 per hour increase, kept your spectacular Medical Plan costs, 1 Flight per day Station Staffing language and some other candy?

2 years later, 2 years ago we all received another $6.00 per hour raise. Bringing you up by $10.00 per hour in only the last 4 years.

Seems to me as if they have had some fairly great successes in Battle there.

Now if you’re back to talking about how short staffed you are in your Station and how your arms are falling off from all the work. Well it’s the Generals who design the War plans and the Soldiers who win those battles. So go win your battles man.

Um ok. Haven’t been much of a drinker in the last 10 years and have usually had better things to do than to be on here when I was “out” having a few frosty beverages but if you want to maybe paint a false picture of me, more power to you I guess buddy.

Next time I raise a glass of Guinness I’ll make a toast just to you though.

As Janet Jackson once asked, "What have you done for me lately?" Sadly, I give the Company most of the credit for the $6/hour raise as one of desperation to cross utilize due to a corporate merger, and the dated scope language within the CBA's being the only safe guard. Way to go Negotiating Team from 40 years ago! Furthermore, the (temporary) 1x daily flight requirement and the lower cost LUS health insurance are forgone conclusions to station closures without additional re-opening or new stations outside of the combined lists and higher LAA insurance costs. The "snapshot" will be a reality in a proposed JCBA for any additional stations (irrespective those which will slowly die on the vine due to attrition), along with probable loss of protected work within de-icing, catering, cargo or lavs. We will be tired of all this "winning" once the JCBA has been ratified!

On a side not, just a few months ago you were lamenting that after you nixed the smokes, that you not longer felt to the urge consume booze and instead you were reduced to drinking club soda. Strange how you have complained about others changing their timeline within this forum, as you conflated a decade with a year. As I said-- you were a more agreeable person when you drank (and smoked).

Last edited:
That's why I gave up CC, the extra money is not worth babysitting or fighting the union/management.

a good friend of mine is the c/c where i work. real nice guy, soft as a marshmellow, when it comes to dealing with the scams/manning issues dropped on his lap from the am crew. ridiculous $hit. he just doesn't want to start ww3 with other crew chiefs.

that's his way. yet, he complains about it. hey man, you're the f@(king crew chief, do something, don't complain to me.

he's looking at going to a gate to get away from all the scams. 3-4 man crew, impossible to scam and i'll say that most fscs on the gates are good workers. can't have 1 or 2 slackers on a 3-4 man crew.

It’s disgraceful

guys with 30+ years also..

$31/hr isn't enough to make you bring your wands back. leave wands in your tractor, other ground handling companies steal them.

in the past few months, company has spent hundreds of dollars on wands in my work area.

wall street knows something. they know what we know. this certainly isn't delta.

As Janet Jackson once asked, "What have you done for me lately?" Sadly, I give the Company most of the credit for the $6/hour raise as one of desperation to cross utilize due to a corporate merger, and the dated scope language within the CBA's being the only safe guard. Way to go Negotiating Team from 40 years ago! Furthermore, the (temporary) 1x daily flight requirement and the lower cost LUS health insurance are forgone conclusions to station closures without additional re-opening or new stations outside of the combined lists and higher LAA insurance costs. The "snapshot" will be a reality in a proposed JCBA for any additional stations (irrespective those which will slowly die on the vine due to attrition), along with probable loss of protected work within de-icing, catering, cargo or lavs. We will be tired of all this "winning" once the JCBA has been ratified!

I really honestly wish individuals such as yourself could experience what life is like for all the people I ride with everyday on this packed bus who don’t work for a Major Airline in a Union and under a Contract. I sincerely feel many really don’t deserve what they have because they don’t appreciate where it at least partially comes from.

Anyway you could always join Tim and become a dues objector if you don’t care about voting for the JCBA?

On a side not, just a few months ago you were lamenting that after you nixed the smokes, that you not longer felt to the urge consume booze and instead you were reduced to drinking club soda. Strange how you have complained about others changing their timeline within this forum, as you conflated a decade with a year. As I said-- you were a more agreeable person when you drank (and smoked).

I’m sorry but frankly I don’t know you and to make assumptions regarding a man’s vice intake is rather rude.

I’d like to hope it’s not your intention to be rude but I’m not so sure?

I really honestly wish individuals such as yourself could experience what life is like for all the people I ride with everyday on this packed bus who don’t work for a Major Airline in a Union and under a Contract. I sincerely feel many really don’t deserve what they have because they don’t appreciate where it at least partially comes from.

Anyway you could always join Tim and become a dues objector if you don’t care about voting for the JCBA?

I’m sorry but frankly I don’t know you and to make assumptions regarding a man’s vice intake is rather rude.

I’d like to hope it’s not your intention to be rude but I’m not so sure?

Let's not become obtuse-- I never said having a union to be a bad idea. What I said was that there haven't been many victories due the union recently. That is an important difference, as I gave credit to the Negotiation Committee from 40 years ago.

Second, I am not intending to be "rude" as you put it, and certainly as we are not bowling buddies sharing our private thoughts. However, as you put it out there within this open, public forum, I hardly think I am sharing secrets as to your self-described "vices". I am simply making an observation that you were a more pleasant person, say about a year ago-- about the same time as to when you stopped smoking and it coincided with your changes in alcohol consumption. Any "assumptions" I am making are based upon information your shared openly within this forum, and my conclusions are solely my observations and opinions. Furthermore, my commentary would not be typically deemed as harsh, as I simply called-out contradictions in your timeline and made no judgments as to your personal "vices".

No one touched this yesterday so let’s try again.

“RUMOR” has it that our Medical is going UP again for next year. (LAA)

Apparently the Standard plans will be going up by 7% and the Value plans will be going up by 11%.

So an 11% increase for the Family plans in the Value category will now be over $700.00 per month.

I bet the IAM just can’t wait to join our “must have” Medical plans, LMFAO.

And since there will be no contract by year's end AND since we will be picking 2019 medical before you know it, TWU union members will be paying the higher premiums NOT the IAM members....They get another year's reprieve.
Score another one for team IAM! WOOHOO.!

Again, another result of being held hostage by the minority IAM!

The ASSociation/TWU has to go at any cost!

Second, I am not intending to be "rude" as you put it, and certainly as we are not bowling buddies sharing our private thoughts. However, as you put it out there within this open, public forum, I hardly think I am sharing secrets as to your self-described "vices". I am simply making an observation that you were a more pleasant person, say about a year ago-- about the same time as to when you stopped smoking and it coincided with your changes in alcohol consumption. Any "assumptions" I am making are based upon information your shared openly within this forum, and my conclusions are solely my observations and opinions. Furthermore, my commentary would not be typically deemed as harsh, as I simply called-out contradictions in your timeline and made no judgments as to your personal "vices".

Well just to clear up your assumptions yes I did mark a dramatic decrease in Alcohol consumption (currently) since my incident a year ago. Prior I was averaging about 5 Guinness’s a month or 60 Guinness’s per year. The last year I’ve had 4 Guinness’s.

Perhaps I should up my intake to try and better please you?

Now the Smoking was a cold turkey stop affair.

Well just to clear up your assumptions yes I did mark a dramatic decrease in Alcohol consumption (currently) since my incident a year ago. Prior I was averaging about 5 Guinness’s a month or 60 Guinness’s per year. The last year I’ve had 4 Guinness’s.

Remind me never to mention that I may have Masterbated once or twice in my life or you might accuse me of having to shave my palms every morning.
5 a MONTH? Hardly a problem in my book.

No one touched this yesterday so let’s try again.

“RUMOR” has it that our Medical is going UP again for next year. (LAA)

Apparently the Standard plans will be going up by 7% and the Value plans will be going up by 11%.

So an 11% increase for the Family plans in the Value category will now be over $700.00 per month.

I bet the IAM just can’t wait to join our “must have” Medical plans, LMFAO.
company advised your twu that one part of their insurance will also not be offered. Weez, check that out but i wanna say one "plan" wont be offered. Was only told one part.
If you can confirm or correct then let us know.

Remind me never to mention that I may have Masterbated once or twice in my life or you might accuse me of having to shave my palms every morning.
very impressed on stopping the smoking "cold turkey". Ive only known of a couple coworkers who had that sorta discipline.

And since there will be no contract by year's end AND since we will be picking 2019 medical before you know it, TWU union members will be paying the higher premiums NOT the IAM members....They get another year's reprieve.
Score another one for team IAM! WOOHOO.!

Again, another result of being held hostage by the minority IAM!

The ASSociation/TWU has to go at any cost!
When do you guys get the new rates and option package?

Status
Not open for further replies.