American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one question, if there Zero chance of a strike, and we all know there is absolutely Zero chance, why is Sito calling it a "Strike Committee"?
Why not call it an options committee?

You guys just got your asses handed to you by Parker and you did the membership a huge disservice with the secrecy and not letting us see the proposal in full before going to section 6.
Every last one of you should be replaced immediately.
You've failed spectacularly.
Strike talk is the most ridiculous! It won't happen!
The entire process of striking is a long and cumbersome one when you consider the provisions of the Railway Labor Act.
Especially with the anti-union sentiment this government has exhibited along and even regardless of what party is in control. The days of airline strikes are gone.

One other thing to consider is a mediator will look at INDUSTRY STANDARD as far as contracts go.
The ASSociation looks at this as if it will somehow magically force the company to negotiate more seriously. Wait until a mediator suggests the unions come more in line with DL and UA's contracts.
Then what????????
You know the saying.....BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!
I'm sure there are some of you who still have your worn and stained "WILL STRIKE IF PROVOKED" t-shirts ready to go!

Last edited:
I'm sorry CB, but I cringe every time I see you say I have a job to do for the IAM members. Again to me, it;s two unions acting as one (strength in numbers) but fighting for different things, Might just be one, but here we are in section 6.

Once again......IT'S ALL ABOUT LUS MEDICAL!

So after the Company made the announcement later on in the day I took an opportunity to read the Jetnet page. It had a link to their Negotiations proposals.

They had a tab that said Scope “NEW” dated 9/12/18. So I opened that tab wondering what had changed? Surprised to find out nothing at all had changed since their last proposal. I still saw the same loss of Catering and Deicing that I saw months ago. Not even to mention the same items regarding M&R.

There was NO, ZERO, NILL, NADA, ZIPPO mention of salvaging all work in the 40 Stations presently held? There was no mention of reopening any former stations? And there was no mention of other work that they might want to slap a “When and where so directed” onto?

The Company knows full well by now that we’re on to their “When and where so directed” catch. And their attrition ideas.

Why don’t they just be straight out and transparent with the numbers of jobs they want to over time shrink us down to and what is their timeline to accomplish this goal?

Oh and what about the Commuter work? I would like to know who will perform that work in the future also?
Got some news yesterday from Fly #2. Here are the facts.
1. The union was aasking for $40.
2. As I told everyone 2 weeks ago, and got it confirmed from Fly #2 that negotiations were over and the company had no intention of furthering non section 6 talks after Garys bizarre video. His video of Isom lies and "Attack" the company didnt play well with Uncle Jerry i guess.
3. The union was begging to meet and Gary said he didnt mean the things he said (apparently he left a goofy message. Not sure if Alex was aware?)
4. The union wasnt prepared for the company's filing
5. The company filed because it believed it made a very fair offer (12% over United). A FTE would mean over $100,000 wages, benefits, protection.
6. Nobody was going to be displace, regardless of station unless station closing or act of God. This included catering for the life of the contract (until 1 day prior). Catering and lave were removed forever this week.

Thats the story. $40. Really?

Of course i could be getting played by Fly and Fly #2 so it could all be hearsay but thus far they have been "spot on".

Strike talk is the most ridiculous! It won't happen!
The entire process of striking is a long and cumbersome one when you consider the provisions of the Railway Labor Act.
Especially with the anti-union sentiment this government has exhibited along and even regardless of what party is in control. The days of airline strikes are gone.

One other thing to consider is a mediator will look at INDUSTRY STANDARD as far as contracts go.
The ASSociation looks at this as if it will somehow magically force the company to negotiate more seriously. Wait until a mediator suggests the unions come more in line with DL and UA's contracts.
Then what????????
You know the saying.....BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!
I'm sure there are some of you who still have your worn and stained "WILL STRIKE IF PROVOKED" t-shirts ready to go!
i posted a letter from the iam attorneys commissioned that notified the United members that a strike had little chance and that its not likely the govt would allow any self help at united, so a failed ratification lessons pressure on a company and the next offer will be worse.
The association needs to build hope of an exit. The official update is unfortunate since Charlie Brown and his dopes confirmed that their strategy is self help. Obviously that is a closed door and fake exit.

LESS will now be on the expedited table. Then in 6 months, or so, one party (hint: prolly the company) will exhaust expedited talks and go into normal section 6 AND deeper and farther away from a fair deal as their entire offers will come off the table and brand new offers will be proposed including the total loss of small stations, and tons of other work.

Consider all the above as hearsay.

i posted a letter from the iam attorneys commissioned that notified the United members that a strike had little chance and that its not likely the govt would allow any self help at united, so a failed ratification lessons pressure on a company and the next offer will be worse.
The association needs to build hope of an exit. The official update is unfortunate since Charlie Brown and his dopes confirmed that their strategy is self help. Obviously that is a closed door and fake exit.

LESS will now be on the expedited table. Then in 6 months, or so, one party (hint: prolly the company) will exhaust expedited talks and go into normal section 6 AND deeper and farther away from a fair deal as their entire offers will come off the table and brand new offers will be proposed including the total loss of small stations, and tons of other work.

One thing, I hope EVERY member, young and old alike, veteran and new, all understand that even if "SELF HELP" were to come....YOU STRIKE, YOU CAN BE REPLACED! They do NOT have to take you back once the strike is over!

One thing, I hope EVERY member, young and old alike, veteran and new, all understand that even if "SELF HELP" were to come....YOU STRIKE, YOU CAN BE REPLACED! They do NOT have to take you back once the strike is over!
Fleet striking is suicide. AA will replace fleet with ENVOY employees. They already contracted out cabin service system wide. That ball is already rolling.
Talk of a strike as a threat is not realistic in today's labor environment. Too many processes to go through. It's a battle right now between management and labor.

If the company ties our profit sharing in with a jcba, and our group gets NOTHING, do you think Gary Peterson should pay us since he may cost us profit sharing?

I can guarantee any more dopey videos from him asking us to "attack" the company surely ought to kill our ps checks. And at some point, window lickers need to actually negotiate "me toos". Its absolutely eating us alive.

God forbid you guys are right and Trump screws up the economy. With a crappy economy, you just lost half the crap on the table and we will go from $3,000 bonus and $33 to how much of a pay cut do we have to take. Never mind the small stations. We know who hubs subsidizes when the going gets tough.
We both have been around 33+ years...you know the economic downturn will come for us.

that's not going to happen. the company drew it's red line(s): insurance and jobs - especially o/h AMT.

anything else is fear-mongering or piling on the assoc.

chances are they will win with the insurance and will get most of the scope they desire; especially AMT.

parker has told anyone that will listen that the company will never lose money again. even in 'bad' years.

i believe the company will lay off the steamroller, solely to avoid any arbitration. if i'm the assoc. and wouldn't want arbitration, i would not let the company know that.

be smart - what does the company fear the most? getting opened up for profit sharing by a 3rd party. they pick and choose when to compare aa to ua and dl, but never compare profit sharing parameters. i have no doubt that is in the back of their minds.

we're not talking tens of millions for insurance, but hundreds of millions. the company plans on finishing our deals with a mediator, not an arbitrator.

The stock price is down because Parker has paid workers too much. The unions still biatch and picket.
Hopefully, Uncle Jerry doesnt remove our profit sharing to put pressure on these morons.
https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...-airlines-pays-workers-pays-price-wall-street

i see the company reached out to a friend in the media for this piece.

stock price is not down due to wages. ua is nearly at $90, do they get paid minimum wage? how much do their ramp guys earn?

profit sharing isn't contractual and the company does not want anything near the other airlines' profit sharing parameters.

weakness.

You cringe because his own words convict him and reveal his real agenda. First, it's not possible to represent the interests of laa and lus at the same time. Therefore if one claims to be in this ASS but in the same breath says on behalf of the IGMers what he's really saying is that he doesn't represent LAA. Which btw is the truth, he doesn't. If this ASS was for real, a rep would say "hmmm, I know im not going to get everything on my wishlist so what can I get that the MAJORITY of the members of the ASS would like?" If these ASS wipes focused on the MAJORITY, regardless of if they're laa or lus we would have a contract. The problem with that approach is that many of these lifetime slugs, ie perez, cb would finally get their asses thrown out of office, and they can't have none of that. We all know their primary and secondary agenda is to stay in office as long as possible, not what's good for the majority. Anything else is a damn lie!
Ah...words spoken from someone who has done diddly squat

Do you have any other battle cry???
That one has been exhausted. How many times does it have to be stated that SCOPE is #1 to the Negotiating commiteeS... They have made that PERFECTLY CLEAR, that is......to anyone that truly wants to listen.
After scope in no particular order.....comes wages, retirement ( pension or 401k whichever is better for our members), medical and profit sharing.....

Got some news yesterday from Fly #2. Here are the facts.
1. The union was aasking for $40.
2. As I told everyone 2 weeks ago, and got it confirmed from Fly #2 that negotiations were over and the company had no intention of furthering non section 6 talks after Garys bizarre video. His video of Isom lies and "Attack" the company didnt play well with Uncle Jerry i guess.
3. The union was begging to meet and Gary said he didnt mean the things he said (apparently he left a goofy message. Not sure if Alex was aware?)
4. The union wasnt prepared for the company's filing
5. The company filed because it believed it made a very fair offer (12% over United). A FTE would mean over $100,000 wages, benefits, protection.
6. Nobody was going to be displace, regardless of station unless station closing or act of God. This included catering for the life of the contract (until 1 day prior). Catering and lave were removed forever this week.

Thats the story. $40. Really?

Of course i could be getting played by Fly and Fly #2 so it could all be hearsay but thus far they have been "spot on".
Can’t put a PRICE on such valuable info.....the disclaimer is AWESOME

LOVE the DISCLAIMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts