American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any other battle cry???
That one has been exhausted. How many times does it have to be stated that SCOPE is #1 to the Negotiating commiteeS... They have made that PERFECTLY CLEAR, that is......to anyone that truly wants to listen.
After scope in no particular order.....comes wages, retirement ( pension or 401k whichever is better for our members), medical and profit sharing.....
I had the opportunity on a couple of occasions to speak with LUS mechanics. That is the deal breaker for them.They gave a rat's ass about scope as they already have a higher outsourcing percentage.
I speak from the information given me PERSONALLY, not hearsay.

But be relieved, it looks like you will have at least another year of the cheaper medical!
Maybe 2-3 given the current status of talks.

Got some news yesterday from Fly #2. Here are the facts.
1. The union was aasking for $40.i
2. As I told everyone 2 weeks ago, and got it confirmed from Fly #2 that negotiations were over and the company had no intention of furthering non section 6 talks after Garys bizarre video. His video of Isom lies and "Attack" the company didnt play well with Uncle Jerry i guess.
3. The union was begging to meet and Gary said he didnt mean the things he said (apparently he left a goofy message. Not sure if Alex was aware?)
4. The union wasnt prepared for the company's filing
5. The company filed because it believed it made a very fair offer (12% over United). A FTE would mean over $100,000 wages, benefits, protection.
6. Nobody was going to be displace, regardless of station unless station closing or act of God. This included catering for the life of the contract (until 1 day prior). Catering and lave were removed forever this week.

Thats the story. $40. Really?

Of course i could be getting played by Fly and Fly #2 so it could all be hearsay but thus far they have been "spot on".
Kind of makes sense Peterson comes out with this bullchit video attacking Isom the company files section 6 now we are going here this crap co 4 more years with really no exit plan.Yup the timeline is about right too Thanks Peterson

Kind of makes sense Peterson comes out with this bullchit video attacking Isom the company files section 6 now we are going here this crap co 4 more years with really no exit plan.Yup the timeline is about right too Thanks Peterson
Jimmy Hoffa Wannabe!

I had the opportunity on a couple of occasions to speak with LUS mechanics. That is the deal breaker for them.They gave a rat's ass about scope as they already have a higher outsourcing percentage.

But be relieved, it looks like you will have at least another year of the cheaper medical!
Might be much longer when does the next brood of locusts hatch?

Any of your “personal” info come directly from the NC?? If not then it is coming from a few individuals that may have there own preference. Individuals who may be close to retirement that may not be as concerned with job loss due to their own seniority. Sorry.... That does not speak for everyone. Just your small personal survey.

Any of your “personal” info come directly from the NC?? If not then it is coming from a few individuals that may have there own preference. Individuals who may be close to retirement that may not be as concerned with job loss due to their own seniority. Sorry.... That does not speak for everyone. Just your small personal survey.
Let's hear some IAMer say on this forum that SCOPE is a bigger issue for them than MEDICAL...
And spare me the "WELL WHO THE HELL IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD SAY THAT?"

Wait until a mediator agrees more with the company on the medical issue than the union.

BTW.... The NC is living in LALALAND if they think they are going to get a fraction of what they are asking.........

The stock price is down because Parker has paid workers too much. The unions still biatch and picket.
Hopefully, Uncle Jerry doesnt remove our profit sharing to put pressure on these morons.
https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...-airlines-pays-workers-pays-price-wall-street
Got some news yesterday from Fly #2. Here are the facts.
1. The union was aasking for $40.
2. As I told everyone 2 weeks ago, and got it confirmed from Fly #2 that negotiations were over and the company had no intention of furthering non section 6 talks after Garys bizarre video. His video of Isom lies and "Attack" the company didnt play well with Uncle Jerry i guess.
3. The union was begging to meet and Gary said he didnt mean the things he said (apparently he left a goofy message. Not sure if Alex was aware?)
4. The union wasnt prepared for the company's filing
5. The company filed because it believed it made a very fair offer (12% over United). A FTE would mean over $100,000 wages, benefits, protection.
6. Nobody was going to be displace, regardless of station unless station closing or act of God. This included catering for the life of the contract (until 1 day prior). Catering and lave were removed forever this week.

Thats the story. $40. Really?

Of course i could be getting played by Fly and Fly #2 so it could all be hearsay but thus far they have been "spot on".
Tim, Peterson shot off the first salvo in the war, the company countered with a blunderbuster now we are hunkered down with no battle plan with a strategist on par with Custer.Capitulation is our likely fate meaning taking what the company is offering now 4 years from now at best, tail between our legs

C12B0EBD-511F-4E24-9828-0D38029A925C.png

Let's hear some IAMer say on this forum that SCOPE is a bigger issue for them than MEDICAL...

Wait until a mediator agrees more with the company on the medical issue than the union.

BTW.... The NC is living in LALALAND if they think they are going to get a fraction of what they are asking.........
I feel sorry for you guys if they have the mentality our mechanics think we need to be the highest paid , that's why they are voting No. We don't even have wide bodies, or ETOPS yet. If the Association serves you that cool aid you guys will be longer than us at SWA. Good luck guys.

I am IAM.....I have stated EXACTLY that. Scope is MOST important. I also Heard from CB and PREZ....both known IAM reps, state SCOPE is #1 priority...I’m not positive but from what I can ascertain from posters Ograc, Piedmont and PJ Irish I believe they are IAM and have stated the same.
Again...I’m speaking to those that TRULY want to listen and aren’t here with the sole purpose to disrupt.
By your statement of LALA LAND...I’m quite certain that you have never met many of our negotiators or EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE. Just in the off chance you havnt heard...the NC has made improvements in almost every article so far.
If these men were not good negotiators....we would have capitulated.
ANYONE and I mean ANYONE could go to the company and have an agreement in 15 mins if they Surrender. It’s simple to just say OK, I’ll take it.. I have an idea....try putting your effort into supporting these guys.

I personally don’t mind the company insurance but they need to compensate me for it. I figured to afford the insurance I need at least a 3.65 an hour more. I for one think scope is priority one. Job security has always been very important to me. I am in the IAM and been with the company 28 years.

I am IAM.....I have stated EXACTLY that. Scope is MOST important. I also Heard from CB and PREZ....both known IAM reps, state SCOPE is #1 priority...I’m not positive but from what I can ascertain from posters Ograc, Piedmont and PJ Irish I believe they are IAM and have stated the same.
Again...I’m speaking to those that TRULY want to listen and aren’t here with the sole purpose to disrupt.
By your statement of LALA LAND...I’m quite certain that you have never met many of our negotiators or EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE. Just in the off chance you havnt heard...the NC has made improvements in almost every article so far.
ANYONE and I mean ANYONE could go to the company and have an agreement in 15 mins if they Surrender. It’s simple to just say OK, I’ll take it.. I have an idea....try putting your effort into supporting these guys.
The agreement that they will eventually sign was offered a long time ago but now with less things.

Please tell peterson to stop his conspiracies and screaming "attack the company" it put us in a big hole called section 6. Not a good idea to piss off the company further when we have zero leverage due to you dopes giving up Cross U by line item wages.
Is Gary going to pay my profit sharing if the company cancels it due to gary "attack the company" tantrums?
Yes or No?

Ahh yes....Seems like yesterday we were hearing tough talk from the Eastern IAM and NWA Amfa..

Memories!

As far as supporting these guys...I wish them well, but they are going to realize sooner or later that they are not going to get nearly all of what they seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts