American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don’t mind the company insurance but they need to compensate me for it. I figured to afford the insurance I need at least a 3.65 an hour more. I for one think scope is priority one. Job security has always been very important to me. I am in the IAM and been with the company 28 years.
Nice answer. But you do understanding we will ALL be receiving the same wage increase, TWU and IAM....Or do you want $3.65 more than your TWU counterparts?
After all, your medical costs would be going up substantially.

Ahh yes....Seems like yesterday we were hearing tough talk from the Eastern IAM and NWA Amfa..

Memories!

As far as supporting these guys...I wish them well, but they are going to realize sooner or later that they are not going to get nearly all of what they seek.
You asked about IAM saying scope was #1 priority. I answered and so did MATT who says he is IAM and scope is most important.
Then You respond with TOUGH TALK and EASTERN??????
Did you change the discussion after you got what asked for from IAM members???

The agreement that they will eventually sign was offered a long time ago but now with less things.

Please tell peterson to stop his conspiracies and screaming "attack the company" it put us in a big hole called section 6. Not a good idea to piss off the company further when we have zero leverage due to you dopes giving up Cross U by line item wages.
Is Gary going to pay my profit sharing if the company cancels it due to gary "attack the company" tantrums?
Yes or No?
Tim now that this chapter is over how do you rate Sito and Peterson performance

I personally don’t mind the company insurance but they need to compensate me for it. I figured to afford the insurance I need at least a 3.65 an hour more. I for one think scope is priority one. Job security has always been very important to me. I am in the IAM and been with the company 28 years.

you have 28 years and you're worried about job security? are you AMT or ramp? if you lose your job the company will close up shop and liquidate.

as laa, it wouldn't have bothered me if you guys got 'special compensation' for losing the insurance. if it's true the company refused to give you anything (lump sum/jobs) for your insurance, then the assoc. needs to let us know of this, ASAP.

laa is still behind on holidays and the company doesn't seem to give a $hit, despite mr. parker's personal conflict with right vs. wrong and doing the right thing.

the last time laa heard someone debating right vs. wrong, the former ceo resigned minutes before laa filed for bk in 2011. we gave back to save our pensions in 2003, and here the compnay wanted to terminate those pensions in 2011.

i believe the top level execs. need someone with a philosophy degree to guide them through these personal conflicts of ethos and mores.

You asked about IAM saying scope was #1 priority. I answered and so did MATT who says he is IAM and scope is most important.

racer x, you brought up pj irish, and he was known for making posts at 230 in the morning about lus/iam insurance.

if anyone from laa talked about his/your insurance, they were demonized.

i did sympathize with him about seniority. different branches, but, same lament.

You seem to have a lot of faith in your NC.. So i responded with EAL and NWA....I'm sure their members had faith in them as well!
This NC crowd better not start with the strike talk. It ain't gonna happen!

If GP wants to lead the battle cry.. Then he should don his uniform and show us how it's done.

I am IAM.....I have stated EXACTLY that. Scope is MOST important. I also Heard from CB and PREZ....both known IAM reps, state SCOPE is #1 priority...I’m not positive but from what I can ascertain from posters Ograc, Piedmont and PJ Irish I believe they are IAM and have stated the same.
Again...I’m speaking to those that TRULY want to listen and aren’t here with the sole purpose to disrupt.
By your statement of LALA LAND...I’m quite certain that you have never met many of our negotiators or EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE. Just in the off chance you havnt heard...the NC has made improvements in almost every article so far.
If these men were not good negotiators....we would have capitulated.
ANYONE and I mean ANYONE could go to the company and have an agreement in 15 mins if they Surrender. It’s simple to just say OK, I’ll take it.. I have an idea....try putting your effort into supporting these guys.
im sorry but did I miss a new jcba?
Where are all of these confirmed improvements?
As it turns out, the only confirmed thing was botching negotiations by "line item negotiations" (Real bad move) trading the company Holy Grail we had for 20 pieces of silver.
To review our leverage, carefully read below:
Merger leverage: Gone. "seamlessness" already granted.
Industry Leverage: Gone when Sito and Baskett recommended unlimited pt, 400% health care increases, sorry scope. Parker took away industry leverage by offering 10%+ over United total FTE. Hint: Thats why the company filed because a mediator will compare.
3. Economic leverage: The economy is booming, great profits.
This is why Parker offered a cost positive contract.
But you said Trump is going to destroy the economy. If thats true, then what are we going to give up? Pay cuts?

4. Self help leverage.
Gottleib letter already confirmed zero chance and any failure to ratify would mean less.

No exit. 100% guarantee that you guys come back with less.Catering is now removed from table.
And ill bet that you clowns try to save face by ditching small stations now to preserve some things parker was gonna give us.
So sad

Reactions: MetalMover
I am IAM.....I have stated EXACTLY that. Scope is MOST important. I also Heard from CB and PREZ....both known IAM reps, state SCOPE is #1 priority...I’m not positive but from what I can ascertain from posters Ograc, Piedmont and PJ Irish I believe they are IAM and have stated the same.
Again...I’m speaking to those that TRULY want to listen and aren’t here with the sole purpose to disrupt.
By your statement of LALA LAND...I’m quite certain that you have never met many of our negotiators or EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE. Just in the off chance you havnt heard...the NC has made improvements in almost every article so far.
If these men were not good negotiators....we would have capitulated.
ANYONE and I mean ANYONE could go to the company and have an agreement in 15 mins if they Surrender. It’s simple to just say OK, I’ll take it.. I have an idea....try putting your effort into supporting these guys.
Scope is the most important if they want everything but loading and unloading. Not so much with deicing and lavs, but a line line has to be drawn. Bottom line how many people are affected

Scope is the most important if they want everything but loading and unloading. Not so much with deicing and lavs, but a line line has to be drawn. Bottom line how many people are affected

?? not so much deicing and lavs??

the assoc. is already 50% lus/iam.

sorry, no more room for more iam mentalities and traditions.

You seem to have a lot of faith in your NC.. So i responded with EAL and NWA....I'm sure their members had faith in them as well!

C’mon Metal give everyone a break here. You’re PURPOSELY ignoring the times and those full stories.

Start with the year 1978 and take us up from there. (40 F’n years ago BTW)

How many BILLIONS BILLIONS BILLIONS with a B in Share buybacks?

Still waiting for you to actually be funny again Al?[/QUOT
There is nothing to laugh at.We are in a huge hole with no way out a hole dug by our own people,people you and I pay.I want professional negotiators and I want them now.I told you 100 times dont take it personal NO ONE else does

how about supporting these guys? where the **** was the iam last year when we were picketing? where was your leadership? they couldnt get in the clown bus and make an appearance? in dfw,mia,ny or ord? thats right there was a difference in opinion of when to protest? so you sit the **** out? hey **** you.

Status
Not open for further replies.