American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do ya think it was the weez that started tainting this thread with info that belongs in the Equity Update thread?
Once again, and as usual this thread is in the toilet. The same guy that started this thread may no appreciate that too much...
weez had the same position i took with the association but after the lehive fll deal he went cookoo claiming section 6 will result in more pay and jobs. I stopped my support for this anti union union when it allowed section 6 without a vote.

Weez has to pivot and talk about the equity.

Do ya think it was the weez that started tainting this thread with info that belongs in the Equity Update thread?
Once again, and as usual this thread is in the toilet. The same guy that started this thread may no appreciate that too much...
Really?

Kinda like how you post all the WN stuff on this thread and others instead of your own airline specific forum?

weez had the same position i took with the association but after the lehive fll deal he went cookoo claiming section 6 will result in more pay and jobs. I stopped my support for this anti union union when it allowed section 6 without a vote.

Weez has to pivot and talk about the equity.
I heard the same response from the union that we will vote on the final offer before entering Section 6 and or Mediation. We still have time until the association actually begins talks under mediation. I'm not banking on it.

how much of a pay cut do you think we will be asked to take by the arbitrator in 4 years?

I can’t answer that considering I don’t think we’ll be in front of one in four years. I understand you do but that is simply you opinion and that’s all.I figure my opinion we won’t be in front of one is at least as good as yours probably better considering your credibility issues.

I can’t answer that considering I don’t think we’ll be in front of one in four years. I understand you do but that is simply you opinion and that’s all.I figure my opinion we won’t be in front of one is at least as good as yours probably better considering your credibility issues.
These talks will go on for infinity thanks to the executive committee.I cant fathom how they can be allowed to return to the table and i dont give a flying f#@k what anyone else says its beyond ludicrous

Weather sito are buf the outcomes the same the union the iam didn’t respect the members vote that why I’ll keep posting as much as I want. But I bet sito was involved some how no doubt in my mind about that .

That's nothing, TWU Local 514 received a a new union hall after voting it down at least two times.

Good answer. I think your opinion is majority as well.

You do understand anytime a hurricane hit’s the US mainland oil prices rise come fall they could easily be lower

the iranian sanctions took x-amount of oil off the market.

if THE trend is higher oil, why doesn't delta cancel it's raises next week or even take back previous raises? the airlines say they can price this recent spike in, they just need time to price it it, as shown by aa and others, last week.

worst case scenario for even higher oil ($85/bbl - $90/bbl), $1.5 billion per year profits instead of the $7 billion - $5 billion per year profits with $38-$45/bbl oil.

Hi Prez
Yes, the company wants some things so we had leverage to get the company to make an offer. That offer was a cost positive offer of over $100 million per year and boosted the FTE over $100,00 ttl cost which is far more than at United.
Thus, due to that offer (and im not saying its great), we have no remaining leverage, due to the math.
We can thank Sito for killing our "Competitive Leverage" when he pushed that United contract.

So, when the Association ask for more, there is zero leverage. Isom will keep whispering United.

Since the TWU has such an awful contract, Parker was compelled to offer a competitive package. But thats all he needs to offer. In the meantime, Im sure he has no problem saving millions if the association is more greedy than its leverage suggests.
Toss in the fact that the TWU got their dues grab by trading our merger leverage for 20 pieces of silver so the company can have seamlessness.

The last offer was also reflective of the economy insomuch that it was cost positive. How much are we going to have to give back if the economy goes south like most democrats are saying?

There is no leverage that can enhance the last offer. Members should be given a chance to vote, otherwise if the economy goes south and the next offer necessarily goes south...who will be to blame? Yes, you guys for not getting consent when you decided you can get more.
The longer this goes, the deeper the hole.

Tim,

I'm not sure where you are getting $100 million cost positive offer, did company post that somewhere? I've said all along that company is trying to get a cost negative or neutral CBA.

P. Rez

An employee told me they saw Isom say in a town hall $2 million a day it costs the company by not having a JCBA. 3000 employees is over a million a day in wages and benefits. I'll leave it with one of my favorite sayings, "Math is math, numbers don't lie!"

P. Rez

you know you can't go by that, unless it's documented.

my sister-in-law's ex husband's new girlfriend said............

Tim,

I'm not sure where you are getting $100 million cost positive offer, did company post that somewhere? I've said all along that company is trying to get a cost negative or neutral CBA.

P. Rez
Show in writing show the company proposal and the union proposal what are you afraid of.

Reactions: Kev3188
if THE trend is higher oil, why doesn't delta cancel it's raises next week or even take back previous raises? the airlines say they can price this recent spike in, they just need time to price it it, as shown by aa and others, last week.

They can’t; to pull them back would almost guarantee the ramp and F/As filing for an election. There’s no price too high to maintain an autocracy, so they'll eat the costs.

i don't argue, it's already built in, the costs. just less profit sharing the following year. really good job by delta...everything at right angles, unlike the largest airline in the world.

as far the rest, for sure there would be anger...but if delta spins it a bit, after emphasizing just how much they've given to their employees..they will get sympathizers.

bottom line, i don't feel that delta or any other airline feels that oil is a long-term threat to profits anymore. the airlines will be profitable, just how much more depends on the shale/fracker people.

apparently, not enough infrastructure to halt this spike.

the iranian sanctions took x-amount of oil off the market.

worst case scenario for even higher oil ($85/bbl - $90/bbl), $1.5 billion per year profits instead of the $7 billion - $5 billion per year profits with $38-$45/bbl oil.

Thanks to the president we are all going to pay more for gas. No he does not care about unions or workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts