American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were in the IAM and had that medical I would fight for it tooth and nail. From their perspective there is nothing to lose.

Unfortunately, they are the last group in LAA to have a different plan which makes their fight to keep much harder.

On the Maintenance side, they have many, many more issues to contend with so they can put in a longer fight since the TWU looks to be damaged by the outsourcing plans.

In Fleet, there are less issues and some of them can be addressed in the official comprehensive counter-proposal once they're done with their current intel.

But again, why does everyone suddenly not care about what is market rate for the benefits? If your pay rate was below market amidst this industry environment we’d be hearing how it should reflect market conditions.

Everyone reading this page knows that but chooses to ignore this reality.

The LUS healthcare will eventually go away and match market. Just like looming pension crisis in CA, AFSCME may be able to choke it a bit longer but retired librarians getting $200k annual benefits will eventually get a haircut. It’s not a matter of if but when.

Josh

From what I understand on the Company’s yearly Medical expenditures that information is not being conveyed to the Association? We in the TWU are being charged what the Company “claims” is 21% of their total cost. We also I believe have no cap on what they again “claim” is their cost so those costs could continue to rise yearly.

When I’ve done the research in the past on outside plans that are full cost Family plans I’ve found that if you add in the 79% the Company “claims” to pay on our behalf I could get much cheaper Medical outside the Company for Family plans.

I believe the Company subsidizes what they Compensate us in wages off the backs of those LAA Family plans?

They’re not quite as evil to us singles.

Last edited:
WeAAsles--

I wish I could call BS on that, but I don't doubt it one bit.

No BS. I’ve talked about that here before. We had a TA passed just before 9/11 and we voted it in after 9/11.

And morons were buying lots of boats.

But again, why does everyone suddenly not care about what is market rate for the benefits? If your pay rate was below market amidst this industry environment we’d be hearing how it should reflect market conditions.

Everyone reading this page knows that but chooses to ignore this reality.

The LUS healthcare will eventually go away and match market. Just like looming pension crisis in CA, AFSCME may be able to choke it a bit longer but retired librarians getting $200k annual benefits will eventually get a haircut. It’s not a matter of if but when.

Josh

Comes down to that they have the money.

Everything else is moot.

I really hope you’re right, but recent history isn’t on your side.

How many times have we seen people skip straight to the pay scale (especially in the hubs), and skip the rest?

That's my only motivation to vote, the CASH and if someone tells you different, they LIE

Why do you have to point out Hub people as if they’re your enemy? You seem to hold real anger towards people who work in Hubs.

The wages as conveyed only amount to .22 cents DOS. And the Company proposes only 2% per year times 5 years.

That’s not a scale that’s going to get people to break out the Pom Poms.
where are you getting this .22 cent thing. You seem to be a little off on something.

where are you getting this .22 cent thing. You seem to be a little off on something.

Currently Delta TOS makes $30.13. $30.13 + 3% = .90 cents (not rounded up to .91)

$30.13 + .90 = $31.03

$31.03 - $30.81 (What we make currently) = .22 cents.

.22 cents.

That's my only motivation to vote, the CASH and if someone tells you different, they LIE

Ok but like a bull in a China shop you don’t focus on the things that can generate that cash past only the payscales.

What if they could shave time off your road to TOS? You Top out on DOS.

What if they could lower your overall personal yearly Medical expenses?

What if they could get you a 16% 401k Match or better still contribution?

What if the $3,000 Bonus offered was $10,000 instead?

What if they secured more work to give you better days off where OT Call In is more favorable?

What if we had no PT Cap and Management knocked you back to Part Time?

There are a lot more things that add up to $$CASH$$ besides those payscales Bob.

Ok but like a bull in a China shop you don’t focus on the things that can generate that cash past only the payscales.

What if they could shave time off your road to TOS? You Top out on DOS.

What if they could lower your overall personal yearly Medical expenses?

What if they could get you a 16% 401k Match or better still contribution?

What if the $3,000 Bonus offered was $10,000 instead?

What if they secured more work to give you better days off where OT Call In is more favorable?

What if we had no PT Cap and Management knocked you back to Part Time?

There are a lot more things that add up to $$CASH$$ besides those payscales Bob.

"What if they could shave time off your road to TOS? You Top out on DOS." Only got less than a year left to TOS
"What if they could lower your overall personal yearly Medical expenses?" I get the value, its good, and not that expencive.
"What if they could get you a 16% 401k Match or better still contribution?" That 16% will never happen, in the off chance we do get 401 improvements, it would be more like what the FA had, and for a limited time.
"What if the $3,000 Bonus offered was $10,000 instead?" Not likely, but I take it.
"What if they secured more work to give you better days off where OT Call In is more favorable?" I've never cared about when my days off fall on.
"What if we had no PT Cap and Management knocked you back to Part Time?" It would happen in the smaller stations if it did, but I do not see that as any real threat to my livelihood and would adapt if forced to.

Here's what I do know, I couldn't care less about any airline having greener grass because of seemingly trivial advantage they might have, or for the sake of just having the best contract over all other airlines.

Now because of my days off, I would get paid for all the 10 holidays, and working afternoons, and maybe a 7% contribution to my 401K, thats just over $12,000.00 extra for just showing up and punching in. As it stands it's a YES vote from me. Changes to the OT and CS mean nothing to me.

Last edited:
Here's what I do know, I couldn't care less about any airline having greener grass because of seemingly trivial advantage they might have, or for the sake of just having the best contract over all other airlines.

That's a sentiment that seems to be either misunderstood or ignored on the Fleet TWU side.

It's also a bit funny how some are falling exactly into the trap the Company set by publicizing their positions on the JCBA, which is to show what pieces they need to change to gain more support, like wages, the bonus or even modifying or shift work away on the Fleet side among other items.

Last edited:
"What if they could shave time off your road to TOS? You Top out on DOS." Only got less than a year left to TOS
"What if they could lower your overall personal yearly Medical expenses?" I get the value, its good, and not that expencive.
"What if they could get you a 16% 401k Match or better still contribution?" That 16% will never happen, in the off chance we do get 401 improvements, it would be more like what the FA had, and for a limited time.
"What if the $3,000 Bonus offered was $10,000 instead?" Not likely, but I take it.
"What if they secured more work to give you better days off where OT Call In is more favorable?" I've never cared about when my days off fall on.
"What if we had no PT Cap and Management knocked you back to Part Time?" It would happen in the smaller stations if it did, but I do not see that as any real threat to my livelihood and would adapt if forced to.

Now because of my days off, I would get paid for all the 10 holidays, and working afternoons, and maybe a 7% contribution to my 401K, thats just over $12,000.00 extra for just showing up and punching in. As it stands it's a YES vote from me. Changes to the OT and CS mean nothing to me.

Bob what in the World are you talking about? It’s as if you’re looking for excuses to want to vote on something that no they’re not going to bring out as is anyway period.

And you ignored the wages that sucked.

The offer from the Company currently is 9% and yes it can be more and should be if you actually “listened” to what more senior and educated individuals have written here on it.

The Bonus sucks. It’s a Bonus for Paupers.

If you think the Medical is cheap fine. You have no Wife or kids anyway so of course your viewpoint is IGM.

Days off. Good hope you’re Tuesday Wednesday for the rest of your life then.

PT “You’ll adapt” THIS is why many times people here don’t take you seriously. Again you “purposely” argued every single solitary point just to cross your arms and stamp your feet and say “I don’t care, I WANT IT GIVE IT TO ME”

That's a sentiment that seems to be either misunderstood or ignored on the Fleet TWU side.

Are you now speaking for 10,000 Clerks? What’s misunderstood or ignored in your mind?

I don’t understand this comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.