American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this. Since more and more mechanics have started more participation in this thread, it has gotten a lot better. Makes more sense now...

Please tell us more more more more. We need a little more. The Mechanics want/need to hear more of what you have to say. Give them more.

Sure more negotiating and less weeaasling.

Management doesn’t want to meet and do any more negotiating until they have an NMB Mediator present. Even Parker himself mentioned getting “help” in one of those Town Hall videos.

Do you have a “solution” how to get Management to change their tune?

Can you offer any constructive advice or has Forums just come down to now around 6 or 7 of you just telling the readers daily how much you hate the ASSociation?

That’s really doing a great job getting all of us further down the road to nowhere. Pfft.

According to that Contract language I posted apparently they legally can’t protest. They might be able to have supported in writing though?

Question: Would there be Legal ramifications for the IAM if they violated their own agreement and protested/picketed against the Company and what penalties could they possibly anticipate?

Zero. The Right of Free Association and the right to Peaceably Assemble are still constitutionally protected.

Delta doesn't have scope they are non union, so that leaves United.

So Delta accomplishes every maintenance action in-house, could explain where that is?
Could you explain how LAA CEO can offer 7% above Delta or United? ( Now 3%)
I guess Delta's maintenance cost is a fixed item?

I will say this. Since more and more mechanics have started more participation in this thread, it has gotten a lot better. Makes more sense now...

A few posts back Fleet Scope was being compared to Maintenance Scope or Visa-Versa , there in lies the confusion.

Management doesn’t want to meet and do any more negotiating until they have an NMB Mediator present. Even Parker himself mentioned getting “help” in one of those Town Hall videos.

Do you have a “solution” how to get Management to change their tune?

Can you offer any constructive advice or has Forums just come down to now around 6 or 7 of you just telling the readers daily how much you hate the ASSociation?

That’s really doing a great job getting all of us further down the road to nowhere. Pfft.
A solution? Sure lets get the iam off the coat tails and onboard as a partner or get rid of them.

So Delta accomplishes every maintenance action in-house, could explain where that is?
Could you explain how LAA CEO can offer 7% above Delta or United? ( Now 3%)
I guess Delta's maintenance cost is a fixed item?

The cut and paste below is from fellow poster (and DL AMT) TopDawg. It’s from earlier this year. Hopefully, it helps a little?

“Why do we keep having to go over this?

Delta outsources ~35-40% depending on the year. American's max outsourcing is, IIRC 35% a year.

US airways outsourced 55%-60% of their maintenance.

You, your management and the IGM crowed aren't comparing apples to apples.

The only thing Delta outsources heavy is airframe overhauls. If it is 3 weeks or less it is generally done in-house. Engines, components etc are mostly done in-house. The few that aren't are generally legacy Northwest parts that had long term contracts into the 2020s. Most of that work has come in-house as contracts end. Hell we even have paint done in-house....

On top of all of that, Delta does that MRO work your management doesn't like and it ends up that we do more over all work in-house than you did just as American.

So, again, agreeing to "delta's scope" according to your management is nothing like they are saying. They mean "Delta's scope on airframe and we aren't doing engines, APUs, gear, and the other components in-house at all so that we can get to 60% outsourced" That is 20-30% worse than both Delta and United. (hell I think its worse than Southwest now)

What your company is wanting isn't nearly what Delta and even United outsource. Y'all are all just focused on airframe overhaul vs line and quite frankly are playing checkers while Parker and Co are playing chess. Take a guess what happens when you agree to your proposed contract and the company goes back into bankruptcy? Have you looked at American's balance sheet?

Settling for anything less than the current scope at American is down right stupid. Not only would you keep the jobs you have but because of all the work US airways outsourced y'all would probably grow by thousands. Just bringing in all the engine work alone would require a large investment in employees.”

Last edited:
Well, at least for a moment there it was getting better. It just took a turn downward once again.

Why do you have me on selective ignore?

Only a complete goofball boob try’s to pretend that he actually sticks to those he puts on ignore and doesn’t sneak peeks.

BTW I have a feeling we might all be bored until next year now unfortunately?

The cut and paste below is from fellow poster (and DL AMT) TopDawg. It’s from earlier this year. Hopefully, it helps a little?

“Why do we keep having to go over this?

Delta outsources ~35-40% depending on the year. American's max outsourcing is, IIRC 35% a year.

US airways outsourced 55%-60% of their maintenance.

You, your management and the IGM crowed aren't comparing apples to apples.

The only thing Delta outsources heavy is airframe overhauls. If it is 3 weeks or less it is generally done in-house. Engines, components etc are mostly done in-house. The few that aren't are generally legacy Northwest parts that had long term contracts into the 2020s. Most of that work has come in-house as contracts end. Hell we even have paint done in-house....

On top of all of that, Delta does that MRO work your management doesn't like and it ends up that we do more over all work in-house than you did just as American.

So, again, agreeing to "delta's scope" according to your management is nothing like they are saying. They mean "Delta's scope on airframe and we aren't doing engines, APUs, gear, and the other components in-house at all so that we can get to 60% outsourced" That is 20-30% worse than both Delta and United. (hell I think its worse than Southwest now)

What your company is wanting isn't nearly what Delta and even United outsource. Y'all are all just focused on airframe overhaul vs line and quite frankly are playing checkers while Parker and Co are playing chess. Take a guess what happens when you agree to your proposed contract and the company goes back into bankruptcy? Have you looked at American's balance sheet?

Settling for anything less than the current scope at American is down right stupid. Not only would you keep the jobs you have but because of all the work US airways outsourced y'all would probably grow by thousands. Just bringing in all the engine work alone would require a large investment in employees.”

If I am the one that keeps visiting this subject, especially Delta, it is because either Delta is brought up by someone else or it is the main subject of the Doug Parker offer along with United.

I never said that I didn’t support the Association. I support the Association because it’s the Group that’s representing me against my employer who absolutely would prefer to give me less than I want. I think it’s counterproductive not to support whoever it is that’s representing us IMO.

I guess everyone can have something they put at the top of their list of things they want to focus on. Honestly the TWU/IAM Association and all the drama people want to attach to it including that lost vote has never been at the top of my “personal” list. And honestly as more things are happening (personally) it just keeps going further and further down for me.

According to that Contract language I posted apparently they legally can’t protest. They might be able to have supported in writing though?

Question: Would there be Legal ramifications for the IAM if they violated their own agreement and protested/picketed against the Company and what penalties could they possibly anticipate?
the union wants you to have less. The company offered $120 million per year. United Airline director rejected that for you due to the pension.
Your fll gig is the reason why you support the association wanting us to have less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts