American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
oil at $66/bbl today? saudis pumping, world demand softening, usa oil rig count at 3 1/2 year high..will we see $60/bbl before $70/bbl?
the real question is how far along will the iam keep stroking the TWU?
Iam saying they expect the company to put out its final offer at or prior to the February talks then the association will put it out for a vote and recommend accordingly.

I can guarantee 100% if fleet gets a vote, it will pass by a very large margin.

the real question is how far along will the iam keep stroking the TWU?
Iam saying they expect the company to put out its final offer at or prior to the February talks then the association will put it out for a vote and recommend accordingly.

I can guarantee 100% if fleet gets a vote, it will pass by a very large margin.
Have to admit you do have a sense of humor.

i must not. fill us in what is happening? from what we are being told the iam has graciously agreed to financially support the protest, but not show up. please do fill us in.again when will the full negotiating committee support the membership? or is just the ostrich defense? please do fill us in. unfortunately 70% of the membership has no idea whats going on.
Kind of funny when you call them out they tend to disappear they must be getting ready for the protest...

Last edited:
5F17FC69-345A-4EFB-A36B-76C2822878D2.jpeg

Nice little TWU breakroom poster.
Is it in any newspapers, billboards across the country??

I don’t know. I hope you have seen all the others that were though? I assume that flier was handed out to passengers in DFW.

I don’t know. I hope you have seen all the others that were though? I assume that flier was handed out to passengers in DFW.
they were by twu members, unfortunately the iam couldn't make it. apa did, apfa did, cwu did. the iam were unavailable. its time to put the iam in a box put them on a shelf and just marginalize them. the twu is trying to forge relationships with the pilots, flight attendants and the gate agents its not something the iam is interested in. when the time comes take them off the shelf and deal with the mess. it might take a couple of years, and it might take an impasse being declared and a contract imposed, then we can rid ourselves of them.

they were by twu members, unfortunately the iam couldn't make it. apa did, apfa did, cwu did. the iam were unavailable. its time to put the iam in a box put them on a shelf and just marginalize them. the twu is trying to forge relationships with the pilots, flight attendants and the gate agents its not something the iam is interested in. when the time comes take them off the shelf and deal with the mess. it might take a couple of years, and it might take an impasse being declared and a contract imposed, then we can rid ourselves of them.
this will be 3 years. I keep telling you its about united airlines and the pension.

It’s a little ironic that the TWU is tingling the alarm about outsourcing while also being one of the most complacent about it.

I sincerely hope the days of your shitty flight thresholds are coming to an end.
all the posters wont do a thing. Weez has been seriously misled. He told me 4 years ago that he wont tolerate me screwing up his negotiations but as it turns out, he is helping to destroy our talks.

It’s a little ironic that the TWU is tingling the alarm about outsourcing while also being one of the most complacent about it.

I sincerely hope the days of your shitty flight thresholds are coming to an end.

Let me know if one day you decide you want to try and live in the real World. You only get everything you want in Fantasyland or Dreamland.

Otherwise it’s called.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negotiation

How many in house Ramp Agents does Delta employ?

How many in house Aircraft, Facilities and Automotive Mechanics does Delta employ?

TWU/ IAM Combined at AA is over 30,000

Delta employee count 2018, 86,000
AA employee count 2018, 126,000

Seems as if there is a big difference between carriers who are Union Represented and those who are not, in in house employee count.

Last edited:
Let me know if one day you decide you want to try and live in the real World. You only get everything you want in Fantasyland or Dreamland.

Otherwise it’s called.

How many in house Ramp Agents does Delta employ?

How many in house Aircraft, Facilities and Automotive Mechanics does Delta employ?

TWU/ IAM Combined at AA is over 30,000

Delta employee count 2018, 86,000
AA employee count 2018, 126,000

Seems as if there is a big difference between carriers who are Union Represented and those who are not, in in house employee count.
If they live in the fantasy land in SWA, you guys will go as long as we have.But we showed them.

Hey Crema check out our boy Adam Levine here. He seems to be making a bullish call for AA finally? Must be planning to buy the big dip?

Poor kid has no responses at all so far. Maybe I should write something, lol.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-recession-proof-202200537.html

i'm thinking that thursday is huge. if aa earns less than ua off of more revenue than delta and gives crappy guidance...the repercussions will be felt be all.

my hunch is that we'll beat and earn around $900 million, pre-tax, and add a staggering $45 million into our profit sharing kitty. we're only 8xs behind delta for the quarter.

we know the company spent approx. $45 million on dividends for q3 '18 and it remains to be seen how much they spent on buy-backs in the quarter. let's say $355 million.

so, $400 million for shareholders and $45 million for employees.

q3 '18 dl spent $566 million on shareholders and put away $395 million into it's profit sharing kitty.

good info for all the heroes we have. we'll get all the numbers on thursday morning.

Otherwise it’s called.

Yeah, there is. We have 43 stations compared to LAAs 17. That’s a pretty telling statement on your prior NCs ineptitude. And before you say it, our list was forged in BK too.

Hopefully, Sito and Alex get it right this time.

Please show your Nc that Wiki Page; maybe it’ll help.

Status
Not open for further replies.