American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your are absolutely right. I've already factored in starting United pay vs top out at Envoy. No way in hell I was going to do that. So United and Southwest are the biggest game in town. No way I'm moving back North lol.

AAG 5 years total. About a 1yr with Piedmont and 4 with Envoy.

So you actually do get a pay raise starting at the bottom going with any one of the majors.

The only reason I wound up at AA was because my friend Jerry worked for them.

If I had it all to do all over again I’d personally go with either AA or SWA. AA cause of the Hub in MIA and SWA for the Hub in FLL (Leaning towards SWA for FLL)

But I also bet those guys over at SWA worked a little harder than I do too?

Hey seriously wherever you end up all the best man.

So you actually do get a pay raise starting at the bottom going with any one of the majors.

If I had it all to do all over again I’d personally go with either AA or SWA. AA cause of the Hub in MIA and SWA for the Hub in FLL (Leaning towards SWA for FLL)

Yes essentially a pay raise. I just hate Southeast doesn't fly as many places. I really appreciate it. I'm really hoping this section 6 nonsense comes to an end for youIwas just at one of the new stations we opened in Del Rio Texas. AA is spending 30 mil over 2 years as the only airline in town since ua left. 30 mil and they complain about medical insurance? Insane.

You can't beat the 401k match or the profit sharing at SWA. Regardless what propaganda you are told, we are not treated bad at all.

I suppose that has to do with the TWA Vacation bidding issue over there? Would love to hear that abolished as it’s at the point now of ridiculous that they can’t bid the same as everyone else in the entire system gets to. There’s only basically a handful of TWA people there anyway for cripes sake.

I’m not even sure if TWA Ramp total numbers a full 400 people left anymore?

we looked at this yesterday and in my station, looks like a twa guy with 1971 seniority bids his VC with 1971 seniority, not 2001.

so, in dfw, all twa bid VC with 2001 seniority?

Thank you much. I know there is no chance of occupational time now.i know some of those same people that worry more about their seniority vs a better situation. I also know for fact what you stated in terms of AA rejecting some from Envoy. Envoy wouldn't have anyone. Especially in ORD and DFW. Some people slip in the cracks but they are probably better off quitting and than applying.

I definitely am looking at the hub operations now. As much as the United guys cry like babies about the IAM, they don't know how easy they have it. Mid 60's an hr on your off day to run bags, don't look for empathy from me. We can swap any day. Southwest is my second option if United doesn't come through. They will need a bunch of ppl. Word is they want to go up to 600 flights a day and move the heart of the operations to Houston out of Chicago.

If there are job openings in IAH, definitely take the offer. IAH is always busy, and I know a lot of people that transferred from my hub to Houston. You will get hours there. Many people love it because of the QOL; and the cost of living down there. Just as long as you can take the heat, you are great. If I didn't have a lot of ties up here, I would have transferred down there 15 or so years ago.

ORD is still the "Mother Hub" in the UA system, but IAH (old CO) is a pretty good place to work in. Kirby has be trying to improve the UA network and I think the oil business is trying to stabilize somewhat. So IAH will be near or at 600 flight operation. Plus we still have offices in IAH (my pay still gets processed there)

we looked at this yesterday and in my station, looks like a twa guy with 1971 seniority bids his VC with 1971 seniority, not 2001.

so, in dfw, all twa bid VC with 2001 seniority?

Yes. Go back and read what Filter wrote about it. All TWA Ramp in DFW bid 4/10/01 since 4/10/01.

It’s the only location in the entire system where that exists.

You can't beat the 401k match or the profit sharing at SWA. Regardless what propaganda you are told, we are not treated bad at all.

Particularly under a Union Contract you’re only treated the way you chose to accept being treated. But remember this conversation is ramp oriented driver.

SWA business model calls for much quicker turns with shorter ground times due to the 737 Fleet and no Customs clearance to deal with.

I’m sure the Rampers hump it a little more at your Airline than UAL would in IAH?

Particularly under a Union Contract you’re only treated the way you chose to accept being treated. But remember this conversation is ramp oriented driver.

SWA business model calls for much quicker turns with shorter ground times due to the 737 Fleet and no Customs clearance to deal with.

I’m sure the Rampers hump it a little more at your Airline than UAL would in IAH?
Where I am at we have SWA come in international. I actually have a black custom seal on my Airport Badge.

If there are job openings in IAH, definitely take the offer. IAH is always busy, and I know a lot of people that transferred from my hub to Houston. You will get hours there. Many people love it because of the QOL; and the cost of living down there. Just as long as you can take the heat, you are great. If I didn't have a lot of ties up here, I would have transferred down there 15 or so years ago.

ORD is still the "Mother Hub" in the UA system, but IAH (old CO) is a pretty good place to work in. Kirby has be trying to improve the UA network and I think the oil business is trying to stabilize somewhat. So IAH will be near or at 600 flight operation. Plus we still have offices in IAH (my pay still gets processed there)

Exactly right. I'm a New Yorker but I've acclimated to the heat and humidity a long time ago. They are trying to go to 600 flights a day for sure. Kirby has done an excellent job with that. If they offer it to me I will more than likely jump on it. I've heard they are trying to make IAH the new headquarters. Makes sense financially.

Brothers and Sisters,

As previously announced, the Association leadership and American Airlines Management participated in a joint conference call with the NMB mediators assigned to assist in our JCBA negotiations. The mediators are now responsible for setting the agenda, including dates for the mediated sessions.

The mediators opened the call requesting the parties discuss the differences between our proposals on the duration article of the agreement. The Association proposed early openers in our next contracts and a methodology that includes wage increases past the amendable date if we do not reach agreement on a new contract by that time. The Company expressed opposition to both of these membership protection items.

A second discussion involved Health & Welfare provisions. In addition to the cost of medical benefits, we must negotiate the many other components that affect the value of our insurance. Other Health and Welfare items include dental, life, vision, accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability, and more. The Association is prepared to negotiate these important membership benefits. The mediators have set Health & Welfare as an agenda item for the next face-to-face negotiating session in January.

The final item discussed on this call by the mediators involved the M&R and Stores “Field Trip Procedures” that need to be reviewed and negotiated to a final conclusion.

Your leadership understands that Health & Welfare and Retirement are just as important as Wages. And without proper Scope language that protects our work and seniority, benefits and pay mean very little.

The NMB mediators have scheduled another conference call for December 14th. Membership updates will follow.

Your Association leadership remains committed to meeting anytime, anywhere in order to reach the JCBA our members have earned and deserve. So far, the company has not agreed to meet in between mediated sessions. Help us tell the Company not to hide. Tell them to agree to negotiate between scheduled sessions so we can get this deal done.

Fraternally,
Your Association Executive Negotiating Committee

Reactions: robbedagain
Another update and we don't even know who from the association was in on the phone conference. I read "your leadership" but no names. What are they afraid of?
No transparency. How can anyone have faith in our leadership if we don't know who is actually involved in the face to face negotiations process? How can any union negotiate for its members when the leadership does not disclose who they are when giving updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.