American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then if you are so pissed off run for office or get serious about a card drive, and change stuff. A handful of people posting on here, does nothing. At SWA people are too apathetic, I am just wanting a contract and move on.
I believe there is a card drive currently in progress. Run for office? That's funny. Maybe at the local level where the membership has elections. To get in the international you have to work your way up SuckAAs Boulevard so you can be APPOINTED. That is where the real decisions and bylaws of the constitution are made and amended. I know you knew that so your being sarcastic. AMFA, APA and the APFA don't allow that kind of Dictatorship style of union leadership.

I believe there is a card drive currently in progress. Run for office? That's funny. Maybe at the local level where the membership has elections. To get in the international you have to work your way up SuckAAs Boulevard so you can be APPOINTED. That is where the real decisions and bylaws of the constitution are made and amended. I know you knew that so your being sarcastic. AMFA, APA and the APFA don't allow that kind of Dictatorship style of union leadership.
They do have elections, but hardly anyone bothers to vote in elections, so sometimes you have the same people, but you can remove people. In your guys case most people complain , but no one wants change so everything stays the same.

They do have elections, but hardly anyone bothers to vote in elections, so sometimes you have the same people, but you can remove people. In your guys case most people complain , but no one wants change so everything stays the same.
We tried to make a change at the convention about elections and accountability. We were shut out of trying to present the motions. They want no part of democracy and accountability.

Reactions: swamt
We tried to make a change at the convention about elections and accountability. We were shut out of trying to present the motions. They want no part of democracy and accountability.

But were you shout out by your fellow mechanics in the Air Division or the Train and Bus Mechanics and Related?

And who's fault is that?
The mechanics fault, I always vote. At American if hardly anyone cares to change , nothing changes. Most people now days just move on to a better company if the economy is better. Leaving us long term employees hoping we can retire before it emplodes. A new union will tell you they can make it better. If you ever served in the military, it's just like the recruiter telling you can get what you want , just sign here!!

The mechanics fault, I always vote. At American if hardly anyone cares to change , nothing changes. Most people now days just move on to a better company if the economy is better. Leaving us long term employees hoping we can retire before it emplodes. A new union will tell you they can make it better. If you ever served in the military, it's just like the recruiter telling you can get what you want , just sign here!!
AA is not the military.
A new union will be better. All you have to do is compare constitutions. That alone is a Big change. What the members do with it is another issue. If your members at AMFA decide to be sheeps so be it. They have choices and opportunities to get involved in areas we at AA do not.
You follow each respective unions constitution and bylaws. That's where they differ. Your top union guys are held accountable with recall capabilities. We have the good ole boys club of appointments of international officers.
Big difference. So let me tell you to stop complaining about changing unions won't help because your upset at AMFA. You can hold your guys accountable so do it.
We can't. Bottom line.

61D727CF-EE33-46CB-93E2-5ABB4C62AD65.png

AA is not the military.
A new union will be better. All you have to do is compare constitutions. That alone is a Big change. What the members do with it is another issue. If your members at AMFA decide to be sheeps so be it. They have choices and opportunities to get involved in areas we at AA do not.
You follow each respective unions constitution and bylaws. That's where they differ. Your top union guys are held accountable with recall capabilities. We have the good ole boys club of appointments of international officers.
Big difference. So let me tell you to stop complaining about changing unions won't help because your upset at AMFA. You can hold your guys accountable so do it.
We can't. Bottom line.
You basically want to change unions because of lack of progress in your contract. Just because you change unions will not result in a quick contract. All airlines do not take maintenance serious anymore. I honestly hope you get what you seek because it will be dealing will the same management team.

Is it just TWU employees they are testing, I haven't seen anything posted about IAM folks having the same problem.
Either way, stay off the drugs and don't come to work drinking and you should be fine.

You basically want to change unions because of lack of progress in your contract. Just because you change unions will not result in a quick contract. All airlines do not take maintenance serious anymore. I honestly hope you get what you seek because it will be dealing will the same management team.
No, we want better representation with membership input as well as accountability from our union officers.
Stop changing the issues. We will not get a quick contract unless the union gives into AA's demands of open outsourcing and loose scope language. Again I'm saying a union similar to APA, APFA and AMFA is better structured than the dysfunctional Association. Can you understand this or are you going to reply with a spin?

Status
Not open for further replies.