American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just TWU employees they are testing, I haven't seen anything posted about IAM folks having the same problem.
Either way, stay off the drugs and don't come to work drinking and you should be fine.

Haven’t heard anything about it on the IAM side? They may not have any issues of anyone not having been tested or may have different language?

Either way it’s not as simple as just stay off the drugs if you read the Court filing.

By the way, shouldn't this go through the grievance process first since it's contractual?

I haven’t asked anyone about it but I’ll assume that once again the Company would ignore the system grievance as they’ve been doing with all Unionized groups.

And filing suit can also initiate a cease and desist order against the Company in the interim.

No, we want better representation with membership input as well as accountability from our union officers.
Stop changing the issues. We will not get a quick contract unless the union gives into AA's demands of open outsourcing and loose scope language. Again I'm saying a union similar to APA, APFA and AMFA is better structured than the dysfunctional Association. Can you understand this or are you going to reply with a spin?

And people call me annoying? Why don’t you go sell it on a Facebook Group page or something. The AMP one hasn’t had a comment there in over 5 weeks now. Does that tell you anything? DEAD.

Blah Blah Blah.

Reactions: B737 driver
No, we want better representation with membership input as well as accountability from our union officers.
Stop changing the issues. We will not get a quick contract unless the union gives into AA's demands of open outsourcing and loose scope language. Again I'm saying a union similar to APA, APFA and AMFA is better structured than the dysfunctional Association. Can you understand this or are you going to reply with a spin?
Not understanding why you are wasting your time. He has no clue WHY you guys are looking for new representation. He still thinks it's for a quick and easy contract and THAT is the furthest from the truth, just as in our case, a quick contract was NOT in our best interest the way the company was playing games and unprofessionally negotiating.
Good luck in your future nego's and conference calls. Hope we all get there soon man.

The Mechanic Members of the TWU have tried for years to have the drive and election. Many have given their time and money over the years to try to make this happen.
One item that the AMFA has as noted was the ability to hold the leadership accountable, something we basically are not allowed to have. The history of those seeking change has been to attend the Conventions to attempt to vote new leadership in and to make Constitutional changes that would grant AMFA like language only to be outvoted by the other coalition(s).
Local 100 out of New York which comprises the Rail and Transit Divisions I believe as well as the TWU International.
These two groups and others have made great effort to keep AMFA out of American.

Not understanding why you are wasting your time. He has no clue WHY you guys are looking for new representation. He still thinks it's for a quick and easy contract and THAT is the furthest from the truth, just as in our case, a quick contract was NOT in our best interest the way the company was playing games and unprofessionally negotiating.
Good luck in your future nego's and conference calls. Hope we all get there soon man.
I do get it, if they had a JCBA, and were out of their bankruptcy contract, there would be no card drive.

Is it just TWU employees they are testing, I haven't seen anything posted about IAM folks having the same problem.
Either way, stay off the drugs and don't come to work drinking and you should be fine.
There is no reason to test iam members, they own the twu, thus we are expendable. They actually have representation that takes care of their members. Unlike us we have alex serving sito lunch.

I do get it, if they had a JCBA, and were out of their bankruptcy contract, there would be no card drive.
What else does your crystal ball say?
Your hatred for the AMFA and loyalty for the IBT is understandable but why are you defending the dysfunctional Association over us trying to get a union that is more democratic and accountable to it's members is sending the wrong message.

Reactions: B737 driver
What else does your crystal ball say?
Your hatred for the AMFA and loyalty for the IBT is understandable but why are you defending the dysfunctional Association over us trying to get a union that is more democratic and accountable to it's members is sending the wrong message.
I am not defending your, Association. If you can hardly get people on board to sign cards with AMP when people are supposedly so pissed against the Association without a contract. If you had a contract and you had most of your prebankruptcy rules back you really couldn't get a card drive. I am afraid your real problems are the ghosts of the IBT and AMFA at American, and the mechanics would in reality keep what they have then waste their money trying to get something they know will not change. It's the same thing at SWA if we went 8 years to get a contract people would talk about replacing AMFA, but it wouldn't happen.

Hopefully we will get a "bit" of good news today sometime on the nego's from today and yesterday. Not expecting too much, but a little is better than nothing. At any rate, I fully only expect to see how the new co nego cmte treat us and their willingness to get this done as they have always stated.
We did hear a little while back that McCrady's statements in the past has irritated them, and they are not looking for long dragged out nego's.
If we get anything I will post for you guys that like to follow.

I am not defending your, Association. If you can hardly get people on board to sign cards with AMP when people are supposedly so pissed against the Association without a contract. If you had a contract and you had most of your prebankruptcy rules back you really couldn't get a card drive. I am afraid your real problems are the ghosts of the IBT and AMFA at American, and the mechanics would in reality keep what they have then waste their money trying to get something they know will not change. It's the same thing at SWA if we went 8 years to get a contract people would talk about replacing AMFA, but it wouldn't happen.
You keep harping that a new union will not get us a quick or good contract. I keep telling you my point of the conversation is to get a new union that is held accountable to it's members and with a democratic constitution and bylaws. I say one thing and you say another. Do you get my point or are you just going to keep telling us a new union won't get us a good contract? We currently have ROBO NEGOTIATORS in the negotiations under mediated talks. They don't even sign the updates. We can't hold them accountant to the membership and or recall them. That's my point. Understand? The company is not budging on outsourcing our work and scope. They go one way and the union goes another. If one side or the other doesn't budge it will be a long negotiations process under mediation.
Again nothing to do with changing union representation. Did I make my point clear enough?

This is a last gasp for air on this subject for change. If you look at the picture of the guys in TUL all of them are in their late 50’s, early 60’s. These guys have been trying to change out the TWU for the last 30 years and it’s just all they know.

Again you can go look at it yourself. The last post on their AMP FB page was October 8 and it got 1 comment over 5 weeks ago. That’s been the last activity.

The TWU International knows this thing was DOA out of the gate and it’s the reason why they haven’t reacted to any of it.

But that doesn’t mean these guys will ever stop coming here to clutter up the thread talking about it. They have nothing better to do before they put in their Retirement papers.

"American has told TWU officers that it is requiring drug tests for Fleet Service employees because it is demanded by the USPS, and by laws relied on by the USPS in asserting that employees of USPS contractors be drug tested," the TWU said in the lawsuit.

The TWU argued there is no law that requires fleet service employees who handle mail to be drug tested.

An American Airlines spokesperson declined to comment on the lawsuit.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/11/20/american-airlines-union-drug-tests.html

You keep harping that a new union will not get us a quick or good contract. I keep telling you my point of the conversation is to get a new union that is held accountable to it's members and with a democratic constitution and bylaws. I say one thing and you say another. Do you get my point or are you just going to keep telling us a new union won't get us a good contract? We currently have ROBO NEGOTIATORS in the negotiations under mediated talks. They don't even sign the updates. We can't hold them accountant to the membership and or recall them. That's my point. Understand? The company is not budging on outsourcing our work and scope. They go one way and the union goes another. If one side or the other doesn't budge it will be a long negotiations process under mediation.
Again nothing to do with changing union representation. Did I make my point clear enough?
Ok if you get your new union for accountability purposes only, and talks drag out, and the company still wants to gut your scope, then are you not in the same boat? Your problem is that last card drive ended in disaster and Brett quit and came to SWA. If you can convince the mechanics it will not happen again, you have a successful card drive, it not the dream dies.

This is a last gasp for air on this subject for change. If you look at the picture of the guys in TUL all of them are in their late 50’s, early 60’s. These guys have been trying to change out the TWU for the last 30 years and it’s just all they know.

Again you can go look at it yourself. The last post on their AMP FB page was October 8 and it got 1 comment over 5 weeks ago. That’s been the last activity.

The TWU International knows this thing was DOA out of the gate and it’s the reason why they haven’t reacted to any of it.

But that doesn’t mean these guys will ever stop coming here to clutter up the thread talking about it. They have nothing better to do before they put in their Retirement papers.
That was my whole point, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.