American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
On what grounds P.rez ? I have heard of some being tested here at badge renewal but no ideal if it was true

Wheel all rumors I have heard here about it involved either badge renewal or transfers in getting their badge.

Wheel all rumors I have heard here about it involved either badge renewal or transfers in getting their badge.

From what I was informed it was about discrepancies in people’s files when they hired on with the carrier. Some didn’t have any drug test on file and others had possible issues with their work permits if they were foreign Nationals.

It was from an audit conducted by the USPS 2 years ago that AA has yet to be in compliance with for the at the time new Mail contract.

On what grounds P.rez ? I have heard of some being tested here at badge renewal but no ideal if it was true
We heard they lost some records so they had to do those over.I havent smoked pot since I was 18 but what about those kn states where its legal? Obviously you cant be under the influence but of you smoked a week ago and it shows up in your test

Interesting that’s why I called mine rumors as I haven’t talked to or know anyone who has been tested

FSC are all spun up about drug testing? Really? I`ve never understood why FSC are not subjected to the same random drug/alcohol testing that the AMT group is. The ramp is a dangerous place.

FSC are all spun up about drug testing? Really? I`ve never understood why FSC are not subjected to the same random drug/alcohol testing that the AMT group is. The ramp is a dangerous place.

Because the Companies themselves lobby against any random drug testing program being implemented among baggage handlers. It’s already difficult enough getting people to work for the chatty wages outfits like Envoy, UGE, and DGS and others offer. Now throw random (weed) testing into that mix.

Trust me I would LOVE it if they started random testing in our group.

The issue with the lawsuit though is it being a violation of our CBA and the ramifications of someone coming back negative. So that’s why the TWU filed suit to get the Company to cease and desist from the practice.

(Also should allow more time for people to clean up their act if they’re dirty)

Ok if you get your new union for accountability purposes only, and talks drag out, and the company still wants to gut your scope, then are you not in the same boat? Your problem is that last card drive ended in disaster and Brett quit and came to SWA. If you can convince the mechanics it will not happen again, you have a successful card drive, it, not the dream dies.

It is not just accountability, it is also compensation the mechanic can get compared to being in an Industrial Union.

Because the Companies themselves lobby against any random drug testing program being implemented among baggage handlers. It’s already difficult enough getting people to work for the chatty wages outfits like Envoy, UGE, and DGS and others offer. Now throw random (weed) testing into that mix.

Trust me I would LOVE it if they started random testing in our group.

The issue with the lawsuit though is it being a violation of our CBA and the ramifications of someone coming back negative. So that’s why the TWU filed suit to get the Company to cease and desist from the practice.

(Also should allow more time for people to clean up their act if they’re dirty)

Thx for the info Weez. Still it does baffle me that you guys are not subjected to the DOT random drug and alcohol testing. Lots of opportunity for accidents/incidents on the ramp. As to a violation of your CBA, was there not a 29D filed before the lawsuit?

Thx for the info Weez. Still it does baffle me that you guys are not subjected to the DOT random drug and alcohol testing. Lots of opportunity for accidents/incidents on the ramp. As to a violation of your CBA, was there not a 29D filed before the lawsuit?

The LUS Management team seems to have difficulties honoring the system grievances for all the Unionized workgroups from what I’ve been hearing.

Besides even if they weren’t having those difficulties by the time the 29D was heard there wouldn’t likely be any discrepancies anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.