American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would either of the National offices of the IAM or TWU give a damn about that Medical? Those guys make money off of dues, not how much we pay in Medical.

You guys are holding Sito hostage from getting a raise with your insistence to be inflexible on Scope. You really should relent now. Don’t you think enough is enough already?

Yeah, job protection really ain't that important.

I'll relent. Enough is enough.......Where's my package!!

Yeah, job protection really ain't that important.

I'll relent. Enough is enough.......Where's my package!!

It was invested in Sears for you. A dramatic turnaround in that Company’s fortunes is a sure thing and you’ll make a killing.

It was invested in Sears for you. A dramatic turnaround in that Company’s fortunes is a sure thing and you’ll make a killing.

A sure thing would be the TWU selling stock. They really should incorporate!! A great investment that would always make money.

A sure thing would be the TWU selling stock. They really should incorporate!! A great investment that would always make money.

They already have. They’re just keeping it a secret from you. It’s called CWA/IAM/TWU. LLC. INC.

Alright Tim you win. I’m ready to accept what your Daddy Jerry is offering. Just want to clarify a few items if you would be so kind?

How much exactly will I be making in wages on DOS?
What will be the percentage yearly increases?
Will it be a 5 year deal and will we have any early openers?
Will there be an industry reset if Delta or United leapfrog us?
How much will my Medical be and what is the percentage the Company can raise it yearly?
Will the Association be able to audit the Company’s medical expenditures?
What will the Part Time cap be?
Will I be Full Time protected in my City?
Did the Company agree to Penalty Hours or Easy hours?
What about the language as far as when we go to lunch?
Can I still walk for lunch on my 6th hour?
What will the Scope be like as far as Station Staffing?

Tim please just make this easier and post a PDF with all the details and I’ll be ready to sign on the dotted line at the end of the week.
lol. Ask Alex. If he is honest, he will tell you that he turned down the "take it or leave it" after Uncle Jerry told them this was a one shot deal and would have been the golden egg for fleet forever. Alex and sito wanted to utilize fleet as a chip for mx. Sad.
At any rate, the question remains, why do you keep posting the price of oil???
I can guarantee that management is so greedy plus they have all the leverage that we wont see a dime of that unfortunately. Sorry
according to Fly

Last edited:
I can guarantee that management is so greedy plus they have all the leverage that we wont see a dime of that unfortunately. Sorry

Now you’re telling me that the Company is getting rid of Profit Sharing too those greedy Beasterderds!!!!!!

Is that you Uncle Freddy?

(WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE)

See YouTube Jerky Boys Uncle Freddy.

because you always posted the price of oil it as it was rising...to underscore your personal point that the ass. failed and we were going into double-doo-doo with rising oil.

when parker believes that the shale oil revolution will mean billions more in profits, you can stop posting the price of rising oil.

as it was rising, it was only a matter of time before the shale people started rocking and rolling.

according to Fly

if you are correct, than high or low oil doesn't matter. we aren't getting anything for this stingy company.

so why post rising oil prices like you did? according to you, it doesn't matter.

if you are correct, than high or low oil doesn't matter. we aren't getting anything for this stingy company.

so why post rising oil prices like you did? according to you, it doesn't matter.
Imo this company is too greedy to pass along extra profits thru future proposals.
But the economy does matter. If it falls or the company misses projections then our offer may be less.

Imo this company is too greedy to pass along extra profits thru future proposals.
But the economy does matter. If it falls or the company misses projections then our offer may be less.

Tim did you miss this posting from yesterday? I’m ready to join you in pushing those morons to give us a vote but I need you to clear up these things for me first?

How much exactly will I be making in wages on DOS?
What will be the percentage yearly increases?
Will it be a 5 year deal and will we have any early openers?
Will there be an industry reset if Delta or United leapfrog us?
How much will my Medical be and what is the percentage the Company can raise it yearly?
Will the Association be able to audit the Company’s medical expenditures?
What will the Part Time cap be?
Will I be Full Time protected in my City?
Did the Company agree to Penalty Hours or Easy hours?
What about the language as far as when we go to lunch?
Can I still walk for lunch on my 6th hour?
What will the Scope be like as far as Station Staffing?

Tim please just make this easier and post a PDF with all the details and I’ll be ready to sign on the dotted line at the end of the week.

because you always posted the price of oil it as it was rising...to underscore your personal point that the ass. failed and we were going into double-doo-doo with rising oil.

when parker believes that the shale oil revolution will mean billions more in profits, you can stop posting the price of rising oil.

as it was rising, it was only a matter of time before the shale people started rocking and rolling.

Hey Crema check this out. More Oil news out one hour ago. A Billion barrels of Oil in the Gulf of Mexico.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/bp-just-discovered-a-billion-barrels-of-oil-in-gulf-of-mexico.html

Fox Business. November 26, 2017. Interviewing Robert Isom.

Q: If oil goes back to $100 a barrel, can you raise fares and fees quickly enough to cover your costs?

A: As (CEO) Doug (Parker) has said, we do think that we're going to make money in the upcycles and the downcycles as well. Ultimately that does mean having a business that is capable of recouping its costs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...an-airlines-president-takes-the-long-view.amp

Last edited:
January 2015. USA Today.

"We're going to continue operating American as though oil was still above $100 a barrel,"

American Airlines Group CEO Doug Parker said.

From Seeking Alpha last week.

“Average hourly earnings rose 0.4 percent in December, pushing the 12-month change to 3.2 percent. AHE growth has been very slow compared to previous cycles, especially given the low unemployment rate, but has been accelerating recently. That is good news for employees but could be a problem for employers.

Combining payrolls with hourly earnings and hours worked, the index of aggregate weekly payrolls rose 0.9 percent in December and 5.2 percent from a year ago (see chart). This index is a good proxy for take-home pay and has posted relatively steady year-over-year gains in the 3 to 5 percent range since 2010, but has now been above 5 percent for 7 of the last 10 months. Continued gains in the aggregate-payrolls index is a positive sign for consumer income and spending, supporting continued economic expansion”

Status
Not open for further replies.