American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Seeking Alpha last week.

“Average hourly earnings rose 0.4 percent in December, pushing the 12-month change to 3.2 percent. AHE growth has been very slow compared to previous cycles, especially given the low unemployment rate, but has been accelerating recently. That is good news for employees but could be a problem for employers.

Combining payrolls with hourly earnings and hours worked, the index of aggregate weekly payrolls rose 0.9 percent in December and 5.2 percent from a year ago (see chart). This index is a good proxy for take-home pay and has posted relatively steady year-over-year gains in the 3 to 5 percent range since 2010, but has now been above 5 percent for 7 of the last 10 months. Continued gains in the aggregate-payrolls index is a positive sign for consumer income and spending, supporting continued economic expansion”
so you are saying that cheaper oil is going to make management grow a heart after we already blew our load? Really?

so you are saying that cheaper oil is going to make management grow a heart after we already blew our load? Really?

I’ll repeat it to you again. I could care less if anyone in Management has a heart when it comes to our Negotiations.

I’m just refuting your doom and gloom scenarios is all.

How much exactly will I be making in wages on DOS?
What will be the percentage yearly increases?
Will it be a 5 year deal and will we have any early openers?
Will there be an industry reset if Delta or United leapfrog us?
How much will my Medical be and what is the percentage the Company can raise it yearly?
Will the Association be able to audit the Company’s medical expenditures?
What will the Part Time cap be?
Will I be Full Time protected in my City?
Did the Company agree to Penalty Hours or Easy hours?
What about the language as far as when we go to lunch?
Can I still walk for lunch on my 6th hour?
What will the Scope be like as far as Station Staffing?

I’ll repeat it to you again. I could care less if anyone in Management has a heart when it comes to our Negotiations.

How much will my Medical be and what is the percentage the Company can raise it yearly?
There will not be a contract untill the iam's representation is threatened or until the company stalls long enough for the mediators declare an impasse and we say thank you. And alex swallows and sito smiles.

not sure what you are saying but, no, its not gloom and doom but a contract that has a value of 10% over United.
The only problem that i see is alex possibly allowing "Bad Alex" to come back. We need "Good Alex". No more paranoid tin foil tantrums.

There will not be a contract untill the iam's representation is threatened or until the company stalls long enough for the mediators declare an impasse and we say thank you. And alex swallows and sito smiles.

The Mediators will never declare an impasse. And tell me when and who is planning to threaten the IAM’s Representation?

The IBT tried that and lost, AMFA only got 8 write in’s, TWU zero and the seed of AMP didn’t even break through the shell much less poke through the dirt and show any green.

Last posting October 7 with 1 comment 13 weeks ago?

https://m.facebook.com/AMP.AA.2010/

Besides I find it really hard to believe that you believe the TWU would accept the Scope losses that you think aren’t the main major sticking point in your Class and Craft especially. They won’t.

Weez:

Why have you become such a management shill since LUS invaded AA? You never posted positively about LAA management who were actually capable of running a polished global carrier. And don’t bother with the “AA management drove the company to bankruptcy” shtick since AA posted record results in 2013 (pre-12/9/13 closing date). Maybe you should transfer to management rather than attack local union leadership.

Josh

Tim ..the only voice of reason is gone but i must carry on his work

Much like drinking horrible tasting over the counter liquid medicine that does no good for you anyway (Think Castor Oil) Tim is never gone. The bad taste lingers with you for a very long time.

Josh

Much like drinking horrible tasting over the counter liquid medicine that does no good for you anyway (Think Castor Oil) Tim is never gone. The bad taste lingers with you for a very long time.

Josh
I hope he is using all his energies ousting the IAM

Weez why the interest going into management?

If we ever were to truly lose having a CBA I really would seriously consider making the leap over to Management in complete honesty. Especially being in a Hub.

Obviously though not a choice I ever want to find myself needing to consider anyway.

Josh

Did Mike quit yet? If not please politically hari kari yourself seriously no one wants you leading ****. Go away like RD take your team with you none of you will recieve a pension no matter how much you sue. Just go the members have spoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts