American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Timmy if you’re right and the Company is getting nervous about a softening Economy do you think they will cut back on their share buyback programs? They announced earlier this year their intent to spend another 2 Billion Dollars into 2020.

NAS:AAL's 3-Year Average Share Buyback Ratio is ranked higher than
96% of the 48 Companies
in the Global industry.

( Industry Median: -0.30 vs. NAS:AAL: 12.00 )

https://www.gurufocus.com/term/tota...are-Buyback-Ratio/American-Airlines-Group-Inc

Last edited:
Tim/LUS IAM 141 Membership:

Not sure if heard about this or not:

https://www.mackinac.org/RLA

Here's the complaint: https://www.mackinac.org/archives/2019/rizzoruponsuitfiledcomplaint.pdf

Wonder what the implications are for LL 914, DL 141, IAM Grand Lodge and possibly the association if a ruling in the plaintiffs favor would effectively bring about national right to work under the RLA.

Don't know anything about this attorney, but no airline worker should be forced to pay dues or an agency fee simply to maintain employment. Particularly in right to work states like FL or TX it is wrong that airline employees don't enjoy the same rights as those covered under the NLRA.

Josh

Here's the complaint: https://www.mackinac.org/archives/2019/rizzoruponsuitfiledcomplaint.pdf

Wonder what the implications are for LL 914, DL 141, IAM Grand Lodge and possibly the association if a ruling in the plaintiffs favor would effectively bring about national right to work under the RLA.

Don't know anything about this attorney, but no airline worker should be forced to pay dues or an agency fee simply to maintain employment. Particularly in right to work states like FL or TX it is wrong that airline employees don't enjoy the same rights as those covered under the NLRA.

Josh
I agree. I wouldn't pay this worthless union one dime. They are more concerned with hiking their own salaries. Screw that. Let them pay for their own CEO salaries.

Thanks for the tip. I'll contact the Law firm on behalf of American Airline dues objectors. The IAM should have worked things out fairly but I guess they love people pissing in the tent.

(Edit: Just contacted the firm, and the lawyer. And amazingly a quick Saturday response although brief. I'm in!)

Last edited:

Josh
lol. Well, I guess that I might have really stirred it up. Although there was a very brief communication, they are interested in my situation, which is different, since I am still paying dues to the IAM even though the IAM is NOT my collective bargaining agent, and by constitution we aren't even members. Oh well, maybe nothing will happen but time will tell. lol Thanks Josh because I really don't like flushing my $41 being flushed down the toilet in higher union boss salaries.

regards,

Glad I shared it here and hope this suit ultimately brings accountability to the unions and afford airline workers the same rights and privileges as public sector workers have post Janus.

I’m not an attorney and don’t know about the specifics of this attorney and suit beyond reading the complaint.

Josh

Glad I shared it here and hope this suit ultimately brings accountability to the unions and afford airline workers the same rights and privileges as public sector workers have post Janus.

I’m not an attorney and don’t know about the specifics of this attorney and suit beyond reading the complaint.

Josh
I think anything like this reaches the SCOTUS, it's a 5-4 win for workers. And if Ruth Ginsburg isn't there, it will be 5-3 or 6-3 win for workers. Let's get'r done. They can pay for their own salary increases.

Tim I made this comment on Jetnet and you have yet both here and on there to answer all that I posed to you?

BTW glad they made you edit the part where you said our Union Reps smoke Crack. (You’re such a nice guy)

“Mr” Nelson since you seem to be the sole authority for information regarding the full details of what was offered to Fleet Service/Ramp maybe you can fill in a few of the blanks I have on that supposed Company “Last Best” offer?

How much exactly will I be making in wages on DOS?

Will Profit Sharing be made contractual like it is at UAL and SWA?

What will be the percentage yearly increases in wages? 1%, 2%, 3%, ?, ?

Will it be a 5 year deal and will we have any early openers?

Will there be an industry reset if Delta or United leapfrog us?

How much will my Medical be and what is the percentage the Company can raise it yearly?

Will the Association be able to audit the Company’s medical expenditures?

What will the Part Time cap be?

Will I be Full Time protected in my City?

Did the Company agree to Penalty Hours or Easy hours?

What about the language as far as when we go to lunch?

Can I still walk for lunch on my 6th hour?

What will the Scope be like as far as Station Staffing?

BTW I thought a Last Best Contract offer could only be made while the parties were in Mediation? If the Company did slam the door and offer a Last Best offer then why are they meeting next week?

I hope you can address all the questions I have in this (Corporate and restricted under Legal guidelines to protect the Business) forum?

I think anything like this reaches the SCOTUS, it's a 5-4 win for workers. And if Ruth Ginsburg isn't there, it will be 5-3 or 6-3 win for workers. Let's get'r done. They can pay for their own salary increases.

We can hope.

It will be a quite sight to see Sito and Sara Nelson come out like they did under Obama’s DOT unsuccessfully tried to stop Norwegian from serving the U.S.

Sara seems to never shy away from media and other public attention but it’s very rare to see Sito out like he was protesting NAI.

Tim do you think the protests will be like Wisconsin?

Josh

Last edited:
We can hope.

It will be a quite sight to see Sito and Sara Nelson come out like they did under Obama’s DOT unsuccessfully tried to stop Norwegian from serving the U.S.

Sara seems to never shy away from media and other public attention but it’s very rare to see Sito out like he was protesting NAI.

Tim do you think the protests will be like Wisconsin?

Josh
This case affects 25% of the IAM, and 60% of the TWU (Air and Rail). It affects 100% of AFA, APA, APFA, ALPA. Most AFLCIO unions simply are not affected that much so I doubt the public outcry or union support will be as powerful as the marches against Janus, although they all got pounded by the SCOTUS in the end.
The lawyer wants to talk to me on Monday and I'm not sure if she wants to attach myself and several others to the case, or start a new one, or if the lawyer even thinks the case has merit. I simply communicated that in my situation, my union isn't even my Collective Bargaining Agent and that I'm not even a member of my Collective Bargaining Agent. I told the lawyer that the NMB approved it but I didn't get the indication from the attorney that the NMB action was relevant to determining my civil rights as far as the amendments to the constitution. I have letters from Guerrieri, Sito's lawfirm, explaining their perspective on the Association, dated February 1, 2017 that the lawyer also wants to review.

Again, maybe mine isn't a case but I told the lawyer that myself and many many others want to push this 'balls to the walls' against this evil IAM. I really hope I don't have to pay one dime to this worthless IAM. Someone asked me who is going to pay for the new salaries of the AGCs and I informed the member that's not my problem. I would guess that they would have to lay off half of those worthless company shills, or cut their pay. So Sad.

Tim,
As we saw in Wisconsin, once the unions (as institutions) become challenged the leadership vigilantly fought back to defend their cushy gigs and ability to collect dues. For the past quarter century workers have been sold out in concessionary agreements and they've been complacent since the system is still working for them and enriching themselves.

Josh

Tim I made this comment on Jetnet and you have yet both here and on there to answer all that I posed to you?

BTW glad they made you edit the part where you said our Union Reps smoke Crack. (You’re such a nice guy)

“Mr” Nelson since you seem to be the sole authority for information regarding the full details of what was offered to Fleet Service/Ramp maybe you can fill in a few of the blanks I have on that supposed Company “Last Best” offer?

How much will my Medical be and what is the percentage the Company can raise it yearly?

BTW I thought a Last Best Contract offer could only be made while the parties were in Mediation? If the Company did slam the door and offer a Last Best offer then why are they meeting next week?

I hope you can address all the questions I have in this (Corporate and restricted under Legal guidelines to protect the Business) forum?
Easy answer WeAA..
Do Not Know

Less than what is now if any post taxes

No increase unless ur in mgmt or higher

Most likely none

No

Medical goes up thru the roof

No audits

PT be disaster for FT

Protected w seniority

Lunch paid when company states so

Scope be disaster as peeps vote for money only

WeAA. I am being sarcastic n hope u see it. I highly doubt tim knows the true "last best offer" given mgmt continues to pull their bull chit and with Pilots n FAs contracts coming up i personally see us in a stall til further notice

Reactions: Colonel.Ramp

You swear by your handlers. Go ask them to show it to you. Better yet, ask them to show it to the members and let the members vote. The economy is stalling and our window is finally closing. The next offer may be less.

Status
Not open for further replies.