American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. ALUS78

ALUS78 Veteran

So

2. ALUS78

ALUS78 Veteran

Im glad to see your political leanings have been to the right lately

3. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Enjoying one's music doesn’t mean you give a rats ass about his or her Politics.

Obsessive Politics rooting for either team is for Old Farts.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Well Al you paid for it with your smart ass crack so much like Ping Ping I’m sure provides, you should get what you pay for. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. ALUS78

ALUS78 Veteran

I always get my moneys worth.Never got accosted by a fellow employee a woman much less.Never had someone change their days off to avoid working with me either. But yes i will be visiting ping pong tommorow night and hopefully an STD isnt in my future but you never know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

True dat!

7. lost luggage

lost luggage Newbie

New idea , since the merger with American Airlines the leads have converted from working leads to button pushers ( not all but the majority ) . Why not create a new title of ramp clerk ( along the line of CARS upstairs ) and let them just scan ( paid at a reduced rate since not really part of the time ) . Why should a agent lifting 5000 pounds or more make less than a person pushing a button 150 times .

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. SkydrolJunkie

SkydrolJunkie Advanced

Unionism 101.

It all pays the same Bubba.......Jay!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...es-after-cutting-profit-outlook-on-weak-fares

Unfortunately, the economy is cooling and the airlines are once again about 6 months ahead of the curve. With profit forecast missing by over 30%, we better vote on the last best contract offer from Uncle Jerry. Yes or No, whatever the vote is, we need to vote.
    Fly said that he believes the company is now concerned with the last offer and it may be scaled back to reduce future financial risk due to the concern with the latest revenue and fare numbers.

Weez, I keep telling you guys that the window is closing, but you guys don't listen.

Warning Will Robinson....Warning!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Please close the window then Tim. You’re letting in the bugs.

BTW supposedly the NMB is funded for the first 3 months of this year so the Mediator can make at least a few of the first weeks of meetings. After that I suppose they go on furlough.

D25215E2-488D-4A69-9600-0E2229BA6788.png

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

#11261 WeAAsles, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Hey Timmy if you’re right and the Company is getting nervous about a softening Economy do you think they will cut back on their share buyback programs? They announced earlier this year their intent to spend another 2 Billion Dollars into 2020.

NAS:AAL's 3-Year Average Share Buyback Ratio is ranked higher than
    96% of the 48 Companies
    in the Global industry.

( Industry Median: -0.30 vs. NAS:AAL: 12.00 )

https://www.gurufocus.com/term/tota...are-Buyback-Ratio/American-Airlines-Group-Inc

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. 737823

737823 Veteran

Tim/LUS IAM 141 Membership:

Not sure if heard about this or not:

https://www.mackinac.org/RLA

Here's the complaint: https://www.mackinac.org/archives/2019/rizzoruponsuitfiledcomplaint.pdf

Wonder what the implications are for LL 914, DL 141, IAM Grand Lodge and possibly the association if a ruling in the plaintiffs favor would effectively bring about national right to work under the RLA.

Don't know anything about this attorney, but no airline worker should be forced to pay dues or an agency fee simply to maintain employment. Particularly in right to work states like FL or TX it is wrong that airline employees don't enjoy the same rights as those covered under the NLRA.

Josh

13. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

#11263 Tim Nelson, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    I agree. I wouldn't pay this worthless union one dime. They are more concerned with hiking their own salaries. Screw that. Let them pay for their own CEO salaries.

Thanks for the tip. I'll contact the Law firm on behalf of American Airline dues objectors. The IAM should have worked things out fairly but I guess they love people pissing in the tent.

(Edit: Just contacted the firm, and the lawyer. And amazingly a quick Saturday response although brief. I'm in!)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

lol. Well, I guess that I might have really stirred it up. Although there was a very brief communication, they are interested in my situation, which is different, since I am still paying dues to the IAM even though the IAM is NOT my collective bargaining agent, and by constitution we aren't even members. Oh well, maybe nothing will happen but time will tell. lol Thanks Josh because I really don't like flushing my $41 being flushed down the toilet in higher union boss salaries.

regards,

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

If we go right to work, as long as we are in the association i would stop paying dues.

• Agree Agree x 2