American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re not too good with Math are you. The Company has offered us 3% above whoever is the top paid out there between Delta and UAL. UAL is in that position at $31.23 per hour which they just gained in December.

3% above $31.23 is a whopping .94 cents which would put us at $32.17 (Not $33) DOS.

We will likely be getting $1000.00 in Profit Sharing if we’re lucky and I just informed you that Kev will be getting at least $9000.00. That’s $8000.00 more than you and I Tim.

The Company is most certainly NOT offering me an extra $13,000 per year.
sure it did. extra week vaca, shift differ, yes on $33, 10 holidays, holiday premium, all holiday time worked at 1.5x (so 2.5 hr pay), True double time after 12th hour on days worked, overtime bypass pay, suspension pay, 9% retirement.

The FTE is $13,000. For you, its a bit more. For me, i gotta pay another $90 a month for your insurance so ill bag an additional fte of im guessing $12,000? Cltrat family heath prolly means he is cost positive by $9,000 since he is a lead and his lead pay will be bumped up.
True displacement protections, so any lead stays a lead. FT cant be displaced to pt.

The whole reason why fleet hasnt signed is due to peterson since the company wants to do away with some mx classes and jobs...but still significantly more in house work, than wn, ua, dl. all according to Fly.
its time to vote.

What does your Uncle Jerry have to say about this?

On Delta Airlines Employee portal today they announced that this year’s Profit sharing payout would be 14% of last years Gross wages.

For a TOS Clerk who earned $65,000 that would be an extra $9100.00

For a TOS AMT who earned $105,000 that would be an extra $14,700.00

So please remind me.....WTF do I pay union dues for!

...And insources MRO work like there's no tomorrow.

...And builds test cells.

...And opens/reopens line stations.

And so on.
And had non-delta mechanics working along DL’s mechanics and Delta MRO in Mexico and other countries who aren’t true delta employees performs that work also.

You mean like this?

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/12/04/american-airlines-maintenance-cfm56-5b.html

Or this?

http://www.newson6.com/story/39758637/american-airlines-hangar-modification-to-allow-bigger-planes

Thanks "Sito."
You made it sound like DL AMT's had no work left. That's simply not the case. It's just a different workflow/model than you and I might be used to.

BTW, when was the last time you wheeled your toolbox out onto the flightline?

Kev3188

BTW when was the last time you attended an organizing meeting, rally, house called, hand billed or visibility to get yourself and coworkers organized under the IAM?

Have you posted a source besides your imaginary friend fly?
No you have some stones asking him for one
I have a feeling the "Fly" is not imaginary... He is real flesh and blood, and our N/C sees him across the table every time they meet!

Last edited:
Have you posted a source besides your imaginary friend fly?
No you have some stones asking him for one

My source on that subject was Kev right here on Forums. He’s the one who wrote that the RR program was around 40% with a stated goal of reaching 50%. I also recall then that he stated their were 30% Benefitted PT’s too? So that leaves 30% who are FT Benefited.

BTW here in MIA they used the “Temporary Employee” Language we have in our Contract for the Holiday season. First time I’ve heard it used anywhere since 9/11.

They were hoping to get 40 people to take those jobs. They were only able to attract 12 in the end and since then had to open up the transfer list to get more people in here to work.

So IMO only being able to attract 12 to be Temps was a dismal failure for the use of that language.

Your memory is failing you.

The stated 50/50 goal is correct.

On a system level, the percentage of RR’s is much lower. For now, anyway...

Benefitted PT is also significantly lower on a system level. They want to move away from that altogether, and as much as possible just have FT and RR (that’s per a previous regional manager, so take it for what it’s worth).

This is about the 3rd or 4th time we’ve been over this, Dave. Maybe now it’ll stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.