American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be the devils advocate and go against the prevailing commentary and say that maybe, just maybe we can get a contract if you get all those folks out of the room.

I for one applaud the mediators decision.

I'm gonna be the devils advocate and go against the prevailing commentary and say that maybe, just maybe we can get a contract if you get all those folks out of the room.

I'd rather have folks who I elected and folks I work alongside negotiating for me.

So only the Exec Team from the international is in there? Why is that? Why is NONE of the regular nego's allowed in?
Her claim that no agreement can be done in large groups is a crock of shite. All of our unions has done it for many years in the past. She's just intimidated by the size of the group is all, she is weak. I think you all should be concerned.
I did like the fact that he spoke up and said his concerns to the mediator, but I got a feeling it was planned. I will wait for the next update, but I bet you guys will see some changes you will not like now that it's the company, the international execs, and the mediators only at the table and this concerns me a great deal. I hope this is not the start of secret deals being made behind closed doors again.
You guys should be demanding your nego's back in. Screw what that mediator said, her statement alone sounds fishy to me. Here we go again...
Backdoor deals benefiting the union most likely.I want AA employees in there

Last edited:

The executive committee was brought in to expedite the talks,are you happy with the results? Fine you want a smaller room put AA employees in there people that have OUR best interests in mind.

Just like I said before. The Dues objector and the non Union guy from another airline post 9 minutes apart from each other.

God Bless you both. Have a nice warm weekend.
Do you go along with everything the union tells you?Wouldnt you rather it be AA employees negotiating for you?Bankruptcy aside who negotiated your contract in years past?

Tim the executive committee was brought in to expedite talks in your opinion has Sito dug us a hole so deep we may never see light of day and if we do we will be greatly disappointed

OMG you really can’t believe what you post.

Ask CB or Prez, the EC has been the ones in the room and the rest of the committee were down the hall in another room.

Do you go along with everything the union tells you?Wouldnt you rather it be AA employees negotiating for you?Bankruptcy aside who negotiated your contract in years past?

Alex Garcia, Mike Mays, Gary Peterson and Andre Sutton are all still American Airlines Employees. They could leave the Union tomorrow and they would go right back to the Stations and Jobs they had before they got to where they are now.

BTW Personally I’ve known Alex longer than anyone who is a TWU Local President today by far. Almost 16 years.

I applaud you for not just going with the flow. However, I slightly agree with you in one aspect. I too think you guys will get a contract soon (sooner) after 2 years of expedited nego's with this Exec Cmte sent in to expedite talks and still nothing at 2 years. Now this Exec Cmte throws out the elected nego cmte after 2 years of nothing. They will soon have a contract for you guys to vote on, what is in this secretly nego offer and agreed to by this Exec Cmte is what would scare the hell out of me on what's coming in writing to the membership to vote on and probably even forced upon the members yet again...

The executive committee was brought in to expedite the talks,are you happy with the results? Fine you want a smaller room put AA employees in there people that have OUR best interests in mind.
I hope these elected nego cmte members will mark exactly where they were fired from the table so they can document exactly what this Exec Cmte agreed upon after they were all removed and can show the membership. But we all know they will be forbidden to do that.

Wrong sir. Read the updates from pres.

January 2017.

"The TWU-IAM Association today announced that top level TWU/IAM Association leadership will be joining ongoing joint contract negotiations with American Airlines to expedite outstanding economic issues."

“The time is now for Association members to achieve the fair contract they deserve,” said Association Chair and Vice Chair Sito Pantoja and Harry Lombardo, respectively. “Association Negotiating Committees have been bargaining hard for over a year now and the membership has already enjoyed some of the benefits of their hard work. We have more work to do and we are committed to directing all the Association’s resources, including our direct involvement, to bring these negotiations to conclusion.”

OMG you really can’t believe what you post.

Ask CB or Prez, the EC has been the ones in the room and the rest of the committee were down the hall in another room.
I know this. EC only at the table. What part of that do you not understand. The reg NC not at the table like they were before this round in SFO.
So answer this, why all of the sudden are the reg NC removed from the table GV? Are you really ok with all this? Pathetic.
For some reason you seem to think I am saying the EC was removed and I have not. Been saying the EC removed the reg NC all this time and you seem to try and change it.

Last edited:
I applaud you for not just going with the flow. However, I slightly agree with you in one aspect. I too think you guys will get a contract soon (sooner) after 2 years of expedited nego's with this Exec Cmte sent in to expedite talks and still nothing at 2 years. Now this Exec Cmte throws out the elected nego cmte after 2 years of nothing. They will soon have a contract for you guys to vote on, what is in this secretly nego offer and agreed to by this Exec Cmte is what would scare the hell out of me on what's coming in writing to the membership to vote on and probably even forced upon the members yet again...

I hope these elected nego cmte members will mark exactly where they were fired from the table so they can document exactly what this Exec Cmte agreed upon after they were all removed and can show the membership. But we all know they will be forbidden to do that.

The sad part is that no one informed you that the past animosity between the TWU and AMFA has ended.

You kind of remind me of those Japanese soldiers up in the hills that weren’t informed the War was over for many years after the Peace Treaty was signed.

Well like I said yesterday, God Bless you.

January 2017.

"The TWU-IAM Association today announced that top level TWU/IAM Association leadership will be joining ongoing joint contract negotiations with American Airlines to expedite outstanding economic issues."

“The time is now for Association members to achieve the fair contract they deserve,” said Association Chair and Vice Chair Sito Pantoja and Harry Lombardo, respectively. “Association Negotiating Committees have been bargaining hard for over a year now and the membership has already enjoyed some of the benefits of their hard work. We have more work to do and we are committed to directing all the Association’s resources, including our direct involvement, to bring these negotiations to conclusion.”
I don't know why you keep posting this. We all know they were added back then. But note as written; "will be joining". So why did the EC remove the NC from the table during nego's??? Why is the NC now down the hall in another room and not at the table??? Does not make any sense.

I know this. EC only at the table. What part of that do you not understand. The reg NC not at the table like they were before this round in SFO.
So answer this, why all of the sudden are the reg NC removed from the table GV? Are you really ok with all this? Pathetic.
For the last time, the whole committee hasn’t been in the room since January of 2017.

This just didn’t happen.

Ask CB or Prez.

I really don’t fathom how a WN AMT thinks he knows what’s going on at AA?

Status
Not open for further replies.