American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they were infighting like maniacs remember.

Everyone on Forums was saying it weren’t they.

Who the hell wants to have a bunch of guys that hate each other and can’t get anything done because of it continuing to negotiate for the collective?
This maybe very true weez, but I do not agree with it at all, and most members do not as well.

The problem we have here on Forums in these threads is the separate experiences each of us have had being under our respective Unions.

Take you for example Al. You had a much better experience working under US Management prior to your fellow employees voting in the IAM in your mind. 1978 to 1995 are your old Salad days. I mean taking away your Pension all the way back in 1992 and then a few years later throwing it on the PBGC, who gives a rats ass about that right.

Anyway Al I’m sorry but I don’t give a chit about your bylaws amendment vote any more than you or your goofball friend gave a chit about my President getting a 70% stipend increase that I never got to vote on.

Hey you get the chance to vote if you think CB or P. Rez or your own LGA Rep deserve a raise. Something I didn’t get.
Actually from 78 to 88 were probably my best years up to DL getting us our current salary

Tim was the executive committee formed with the purpose of making the IAMPF a priority in the negotiations

This maybe very true weez, but I do not agree with it at all, and most members do not as well.

YOU don’t agree with it??????? YOU don’t work here man. Lol. Jeez.

On top of that “most” members don’t give a rats ass at all. “Most” people just come to work and want to make a decent paycheck which ALL of us who are at TOS at AA, Delta, SWA and UAL do.

If you don’t believe me think about this. Some people here in MIA started a petition to get the last President put in the room directly in the talks (Part of his failed campaign strategy BTW)

That dopey ass petition only got around 200 people systemwide to sign it.

All the Membership gives a piss and vinegar about is getting a good Contract. No they don’t give a shite who the hell gets it for them at the end of the day.

Actually from 78 to 88 were probably my best years up to DL getting us our current salary

Well you hired on in 1978 I assume at around $2.00 per hour Part Time so I’m sorry to say that’s a pretty sad statement if that year and your intervening years were probably your best years.

Yes my best year also was 1981 when I got hired at Key Food Supermarket making $3.35 per hour.

(Losing my entire $100 for the week pay when it fell out of my pocket one time really sucked though)

Well you hired on in 1978 I assume at around $2.00 per hour Part Time so I’m sorry to say that’s a pretty sad statement if that year and your intervening years were probably your best years.

Yes my best year also was 1981 when I got hired at Key Food Supermarket making $3.35 per hour.

(Losing my entire $100 for the week pay when it fell out of my pocket one time really sucked though)
Actually i started making $5.05 per hour as i progressed i was making more than most of my friends and even.more than their fathers.Didn't pay for medical got double time the second 4 hours of a double...had in general a ball at work. Yup it was the best of time even back then there were union people like you but they worked for Pan Am TWA Eastern. Man did they change their tune years later

286 signatures. Whoever made this up couldn’t even get to a lousy 500 systemwide when we have 30,000 TWU/IAM Association Members.

17 comments not counting the one where someone STOLE my name and likeness to make a comment. What a bunch of dopes.

8B81D4D7-19FB-4F8B-B266-8677CCFF68F5.png

Actually i started making $5.05 per hour as i progressed i was making more than most of my friends and even.more than their fathers.Didn't pay for medical got double time the second 4 hours of a double...had in general a ball at work. Yup it was the best of time even back then there were union people like you but they worked for Pan Am TWA Eastern. Man did they change their tune years later

Sorry Al but in 1978 I was 13 years old shoveling snow and raking leaves to make a few bucks.

But I’m glad you had lots of beer money back in them old days.

Reactions: B737 driver

“Remind Al the US ramp was IBT at BOS BUF PIT PHL so that’s why he got those things.”

“Remind Al the US ramp was IBT at BOS BUF PIT PHL so that’s why he got those things.”
Actually 1 year in the early 80s I got my progression raise and 2 cost of living raises thats right 2 how many union contracts have thth.No IBT then if there was a union it was ALEA

Remind whoever told you to remind me he hasnt worked here in years and its time to move on.There are hundreds of food forums that im sure are more interesting than this babble

Status
Not open for further replies.