American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAD ENOUGH YET?

Hey Rogs can you call someone in TUL and ask him to answer this guy on Facebook already? I mean for Gods sake how much longer does he need to wait after 14 weeks now?

9F558A18-CE93-4182-ABF5-5B302378E4C3.png

Actually 1 year in the early 80s I got my progression raise and 2 cost of living raises thats right 2 how many union contracts have thth.No IBT then if there was a union it was ALEA

Damn proud of you Al. Did you have a cheaper Ping Ping back then?

Hey Al have you gone dues objector yet? Just think about it as one more turn with the lady per month.

Damn proud of you Al. Did you have a cheaper Ping Ping back then?

Hey Al have you gone dues objector yet? Just think about it as one more turn with the lady per month.
After we vote on a contract a lot of us plan to go objector.Weez despite what your handlers told you i dont think there is a pot of gold waiting at the end of the rainbow for you i really dont

After we vote on a contract a lot of us plan to go objector.Weez despite what your handlers told you i dont think there is a pot of gold waiting at the end of the rainbow for you i really dont

When did I ever say that I was looking for a pot of gold?

An old friend of mine just died from Cancer today Al. A lot more important things in life besides money and Ping Ping’s bro.

When did I ever say that I was looking for a pot of gold?

An old friend of mine just died from Cancer today Al. A lot more important things in life besides money and Ping Ping’s bro.
Sorry for your loss the pot of gold i speak of isnt money its status.

Sorry for your loss the pot of gold i speak of isnt money its status.

Not interested in that either. Too superficial.

Health, Peace of mind, Contentement, Sanity, Happiness. Good Retirement, Adventure, Knowledge, Great Music.

Status is nothing more than an engraved nameplate on a desk. Something that eventually ends up in a landfill with no use.

Not interested in that either. Too superficial.

Health, Peace of mind, Contentement, Sanity, Happiness. Good Retirement, Adventure, Knowledge, Great Music.

Status is nothing more than an engraved nameplate on a desk. Something that eventually ends up in a landfill with no use.
Why this need to please a certain group?Why go along with things when they are clearly pucked up

Why this need to please a certain group?Why go along with things when they are clearly pucked up

I don’t know what the phuck you’re talking about? You just have a serious problem excepting the fact that the TWU and the IAM Negotiators dont accept what the Company is offering.

Nothing is pucked up. This is Airline Negotiations. It’s designed to take years and years and years.

I support my Union and that’s how this works period. You don’t like Unions and just don’t have the ability to understand it I guess.

Nothing personal to our counterparts at Delta but you couldn’t offer me enough $$MONEY$$ to trade places with ANY of them.

I don’t know what the phuck you’re talking about? You just have a serious problem excepting the fact that the TWU and the IAM Negotiators dont accept what the Company is offering.

Nothing is pucked up. This is Airline Negotiations. It’s designed to take years and years and years.

I support my Union and that’s how this works period. You don’t like Unions and just don’t have the ability to understand it I guess.

Nothing personal to our counterparts at Delta but you couldn’t offer me enough $$MONEY$$ to trade places with ANY of them.
Okay got your logic its supposed to be pucked up,so be it.Sounds like futility to me but go with it

Weez is an independent mind. I know that. He believes that things are happening in a fair way, although he acknowledged some collateral damage along the way. I don't share his opinion on this but, at this point, his opinion is valid if it brings back the last best offer and we aren't burning too much more daylight.. Doesn't mean he is an arse kisser because I don't think he is. He was one of only a few TWU members who came out against the IAM when it did some stupid things over the past few years.
He is fairly intelligent and that is one reason why I like being a bit pesky with him.

FWIW: I supported the Association as well up until section 6. I was lied to by an AGC who said that they would definitely allow us to vote prior to taking it to section 6. Technically, maybe not a lie since the company beat them to it. But the association definitely was in our LUS benefit up to and including prior to section 6 as we locked down seniority agreements.

Weez is an independent mind. I know that. He believes that things are happening in a fair way, although he acknowledged some collateral damage along the way. I don't share his opinion on this but, at this point, his opinion is valid if it brings back the last best offer and we aren't burning too much more daylight.. Doesn't mean he is an arse kisser because I don't think he is. He was one of only a few TWU members who came out against the IAM when it did some stupid things over the past few years.
He is fairly intelligent and that is one reason why I like being a bit pesky with him.

FWIW: I supported the Association as well up until section 6. I was lied to by an AGC who said that they would definitely allow us to vote prior to taking it to section 6. Technically, maybe not a lie since the company beat them to it. But the association definitely was in our LUS benefit up to and including prior to section 6 as we locked down seniority agreements.
The weez has a supporter better not transfer to MIA

Reactions: Catitude
Negotiations update from IAM AGC Mark Baskett.

Briefing for 1-19-19

NEGOTIATIONS: Hi everyone. Hopefully most of you have read the association briefing by now. While it might sound as if not much was accomplished this past week, at least I feel we made some decent progress. Our executive team made it clear to the two mediators and the company that they wanted to use this past week as well as the next weeks we have scheduled to address the major issues we have outstanding.

Even though full negotiating teams were present, it was still the executive team that met with the mediators and company. The negotiating teams which were in a separate room, were briefed two times each day on what was going on. Those briefs took place at noon, and at the end of the day.

This past week was used mainly to go over the insurance issues and cost. The executive team presented the cost of our insurance programs to the company and mediators. Of course the company had their cost of the insurances that they want us to go to.

When I speak of insurance, yes it means the medical. But also presented was the dental, vision, short term and long term disability etc. While I know that the medical is the biggest issue that we all talk about, all insurances and cost were discussed.

We were also briefed on some financial issues that were discussed. And the length of the contract.

Toward the end of the week, the executive team with the mediators set up the scope agenda to be discussed at the next meeting. The next meeting in FLL, is suppose to be on scope, which if this does happen, should be a interesting week.

As many of you have heard me say, scope and insurance, with scope being the biggest are in my opinion the two main issues keeping these talks from concluding. It appears the company is being very picky about what is included in fleet scope. Our first goal with scope is to simply guarantee all work that is being performed today. And then if successful with that, to put language in to grow our scope as the company grows. But the company doesn't even want to guarantee us the work that we are performing today at all locations.

Think about it. This doesn't cost the company one more cent than what it cost them today, since we are already performing this work today. So if that doesn't tell everyone out there just what the company wants to do with our work over time, then you need to wake up. Obviously if they don't want to guarantee what we are doing today, then they want to shrink and take away some portions of that over the period of the contract. We simply can't give up our current work. Work that I remind you we do today under a LUS 2014 agreement as the 5th largest carrier, or under a bankrupt TWU agreement. Its not asking too much from now the worlds largest carrier making record profits, for us to be guaranteed that work.

MEDIATION: Just another quick reminder, because many are still confused. Now that the NMB is in control of these talks. When we meet and where we meet, and for how long we meet, is in their control. And yes, again, we could meet without the mediators, but as of now, the company has refused to do this. Our next session again is scheduled for the week of January 28th in Fll.

they need a twu prez in there. at least 2. They arent being told everything if there is noone.
Blahh Blahh Blahh ... (insert red herring here)... Yackk Yackk Yaackk.. (take the last offer)... Blahh Blahh... (association should go) ... Blahh Blahh Blahh... (IAM/TWU leaders are corrupt, and overpaid)... Yackk Yackk... (vote the unions out)...Blahh Blahh... (insert more divisive hyperbole here)... Yackk Yackk... Blahhh Blahh...

Why not just copy and paste the above instead of attempting to hand type all new postings? It would save you a lot of time, and accomplish the same messaging for your narrative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.