American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m working right now, and I will challenge this when I get home.

I look forward to it Bob. I left you lots of meat on your plate. You got the long part why I say it won’t pass as it stands, the breakdown of 5 years worth of wages compared to UAL and your Bonus lasting you 5 years and $358.00 to play.

As always Mr Phelps I wish you well and this tape will self destruct in 5 seconds.

P. S. Guess you don’t want to take on P. Rez challenge for you too huh?

Alright Bob fair is fair and none of these votes are ever unanimous anyway, so let’s hear you out.

What particularly about it is giving you a woody in the Morning?

You’re an admitted and established FTW, IGM guy anyway so we might as well get your bead on things.

Alright Bob fair is fair and none of these votes are ever unanimous anyway, so let’s hear you out.

What particularly about it is giving you a woody in the Morning?

You’re an admitted and established FTW, IGM guy anyway so we might as well get your bead on things.
I will have to admit, the morning wood was funny. My whole shtick is not how much more the other airlines are paying their humps, but just how much more we would get as things stand now. Or saying no that’s now good enough and denying our selves this and risk a not so good outcome is dragged into mediation. What gives me a stiffy is the extras that adds up real quick and reading from my own narrative, would make retirement a little easier. All this for just punching in.

My thing is that all of you guys pre 9/11, suffered form concessions, you all want what you once had. I suffered the loss of the pension all together. Days off, work rules, CS, none of that chit matters to me, I want the wage increase, PS, differential, 401k, 10 holidays, and what ever more the company will give to make up for the loss of my pension. The most delicious part of the offer is, you just have to show up. Most of the clerks here are 25+ years, and I’m not speaking for them, but I’m guessing they want the cash too.

I will have to admit, the morning wood was funny. My whole shtick is not how much more the other airlines are paying their humps, but just how much more we would get as things stand now. Or saying no that’s now good enough and denying our selves this and risk a not so good outcome is dragged into mediation. What gives me a stiffy is the extras that adds up real quick and reading from my own narrative, would make retirement a little easier. All this for just punching in.

Ok your comments are fair and somewhat reasonable if you just equate it to yourself alone. But you also have to think if it would pass or not and you wouldn’t want them to roll something out that just wastes a few months when it ultimately fails.

Again and I gave you my rundown as it stands I see a failure IMO somewhere in the mid 70% range?

You’d get a lot of the newbies to jump on the 3G and some old timers would like that EBO absolutely.

My thing is that all of you guys pre 9/11, suffered form concessions, you all want what you once had. I suffered the loss of the pension all together. Days off, work rules, CS, none of that chit matters to me, I want the wage increase, PS, differential, 401k, 10 holidays, and what ever more the company will give to make up for the loss of my pension. The most delicious part of the offer is, you just have to show up. Most of the clerks here are 25+ years, and I’m not speaking for them, but I’m guessing they want the cash too.

No you definitely want strong work rules Bob. Strong work rules keep that money in your pocket.

And Bob to this pre 9/11 guy what you’re writing now is reasonable and understandable.

And of course we want cash Bob. But we’ve now been around long enough to pay attention to what the Company is trying to buy from us and we’re not interested in selling anymore than we were already forced to give up.

You’ve been around long enough now to know how those guys feel. Yea it IS just a little personal now too.

Bob these creeps wanting more jobs was totally out of left field to me. And it’s insulting. The other things I figured they’d shoot for.

Nope! It would never pass. People are smarter than that, TIm. No one in their right mind would ever vote for that piece of shite proposal just to get days off. Maybe some junior, non-career people, but the rank and file would not ratify such a piece of crap just to get more or better days off. I think you are hoping that they would vote for it so you could get them all rilled up about a crappy contract just like you did with the United folks so you could further your need to destroy the IAM.
When you organize 40,000 with your team into the iam then you may at least be less offensive to me making such a moronic statement that i try to destroy the iam. Hell, if you would have at least got up off your rear end and walked over to talk to the airtran peeps in rdu I could at least respect you as something more than a pollyanna. Sorry, illegally using an iam logo doesnt make you anything.

Why do you have to point out Hub people as if they’re your enemy? You seem to hold real anger towards people who work in Hubs.

The wages as conveyed only amount to .22 cents DOS. And the Company proposes only 2% per year times 5 years.

That’s not a scale that’s going to get people to break out the Pom Poms.
These awful contracts have historically been the opium for the hubs.
I get the fact that you bluff all the time and want the company to think this wouldnt pass but it offers tens of millions to laa and does exceed the awful ua ta, and prolly clips DL as well.
It prolly gets 95%. Maybe as low as 80% but I'm sticking with 95%.

Tim .lets say ur right n the pos contract passes by 95%.... How long after DL n UA surpass AA wld it take for folks to be irate .p.o'd at aa offer vs DL n UA. Bear in mind UA raises go in effect by year end

Seems you are just looking at the money side. Look at this money....family coverage 80% LUS medical vs LAA 80% family coverage is another $32,500.00 in your pocket over 5 years. (6500x5).

All those points are well understood and I've always maintained and shared that if the roles were reversed we'd be doing the same things. I tried to explain to our TWU Brothers on this page how it was counterproductive to insult the IAM fire but participating in the TWU protests last year

In these negotiations, for Fleet, the TWU stands to make gains while the IAM faces more takeaways That dynamic should have been explained better throughout the last two years.

Few on these pages even wanted to acknowledge the biggest item in these negotiations, again for Fleet, was going to be the IAM Medical and we needed to better prepared for that fight.

What the leaderships ended up doing was predicting the end of this process prematurely on several occasions. That back and forth on whether we're finished or not and the lack of substantive updates has fatigued and frustrated a large portion of the Members.

Late last year I shared that I believe we would face a comprehensive proposal that would put the IAM at a disadvantage because of our larger numbers, especially the IAM medical. The retort was it wasn't going to be an issue because it's survived 2 bankruptcies. Yet, here we are.

If forced to vote, it will pass with the loss of the IAM medical. Nobody wanted to believe that was possible. We'll see.

If we go into Section 6, the likelihood of the IAM medical loss is heightened, especially if the APA and APFA reach another agreement which includes the current LAA medical and they can start negotiation as early as next January.

In a situation where one group stood to gain more and another group stood to lose more, there should have been much better communications throughout the process.

I've understood and shared the perspective of the IAM from the very beginning, few cared and some even criticized me on these same pages.
Where do you stand if this were to come to a vote? I hear your explanation and prediction. Just wondering where your thoughts are and what you are communicating to the members.

Status
Not open for further replies.