American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mediators are really just fascilitators. However, they will eventually advise each party of potential paths.
Based on the company offer, its most likely that the Trump Nmb will advise all parties that the process will be put on ice after spring, if the Association doesnt allow a vote, the mediators will also advise that the liklihood of a peb (which is also bad) is zero.
Sito is a liar and lied to 10,000 Railroaders 6 months ago, but he was rooted out as fake when he finally had to admit that the nmb told them zero chance of a peb.
Our negotiation team learns more thru my postings than anyone else.
A former agc admitted that i would post something, then they would ask sito, and sito would grudgingly fess up.
Proof

you are a businessman. move on with your life! Its healthy for you.

you are a businessman. move on with your life! Its healthy for you.
What does that mean?

Standing on the ramp doesn’t make you an airplane, just like standing in your driveway doesn’t make you a car.

Neither of them work at AA nor or they in negotiations.

It means that two mechanics from SWA are closer to the work being performed at American Airlines than an Association officer.
And Tim Nelson hit it on the nose. If you deny the Association position, you are effective as a TWU or IAM local president in these negotiations
. At least the WN mechanics have some worthy input. Are you just here to attack those two?

Reactions: B737 driver
It means that two mechanics from SWA are closer to the work being performed at American Airlines than an Association officer.
And Tim Nelson hit it on the nose. If you deny the Association position, you are effective as a TWU or IAM local president in these negotiations
. At least the WN mechanics have some worthy input. Are you just here to attack those two?
They barely do maintenance , they outsource more than any other airline. Have 2,700 mechanics for 800 planes, you have at least five times the amount.

No local Presidents are on negotiations for the IAM, different structure, District and Grand Lodge Reps.

Let the anti-pension 401k advocates eat crow as well...

Stocks are expected to under perform for a DECADE. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...-next-decade/ar-BBTsCEA?li=BBnbfcN&ocid=wispr

At least pensions are insured by the PBGC... 401k's go away with stock values, you NEVER get it back... and, it's at your own risk... no bailout!
not true. Multi employer pensions are only insured at $33 buck until 2023, then it goes down to $0 unless Mr Martinez can convince congress and Uncle Donnie to bail out the dirty wine guzzling deeds of unions.
Sorry.

there is zero membership imput at iam. The twu actually signed off on iam procedure and allowed local presidents to get the boot.

Tim there is no point asking a member of the negotiation committee cause they're not in the room but you have extensive knowledge what does the mediator actually do? Do they make suggestions do they referee?What do they sctually say in lets say a 4 hour session
A lot of times the mediator will have the union and the company go separate and canvas, then come back, and see where each side is at, and sometimes that's the end of the day.

Let the anti-pension 401k advocates eat crow as well...

Stocks are expected to under perform for a DECADE. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...-next-decade/ar-BBTsCEA?li=BBnbfcN&ocid=wispr

At least pensions are insured by the PBGC... 401k's go away with stock values, you NEVER get it back... and, it's at your own risk... no bailout!
That's why as you get older you only have maybe 30% in stock funds, and the remaining 70% in bonds, municipalities, commodities, ect. You also need outside savings. Plus your social security.

The problem ALWAYS is complacency. These people get into office with good intentions but then they let the office get to their heads. The worst part is when the Local President becomes a ghost and the Membership never sees them on the Field.

Brian Oyer though particularly was a surprise because he was directly in Negotiations and about 3/4 of our JCBA has his hands all over it. IMO Fa doesn’t come close to Oyer and Oyer would have had my vote (12 years in DFW allows me my opinion)

I never worked in ORD so I can’t base an opinion.

MIA I certainly have talked enough about here and can’t add any more than to say the 2 to 1 loss by Sidney Jimenez proves I was right.

hmmm, i checked the system seniority for title 3 today and i lost 1 spot? i wonder how that happened? i know it wasn't a fueler.

in the past week 24 FSCs are off the list, yet i dropped one spot. amazing stuff. the list tells me that there are 10,257 twu FSCs as of today.

does one need to print the list every week and then challenge a new name in front of you, if you so happen to see one? i have no idea who appeared out of thin air throughout the system.

They barely do maintenance , they outsource more than any other airline. Have 2,700 mechanics for 800 planes, you have at least five times the amount.

No local Presidents are on negotiations for the IAM, different structure, District and Grand Lodge Reps.
We actually do alot of maintenance for 2700 mechanics. We were paid more for a long time until you guys past us. You guys have more than us, because all your wide bodies, international flying ETOPS, and all the back shops you have. We only have line, C check , APU shop, battery shop, slide shop, and coffee maker shop.

...and no mechanic has ever been furloughed
...nor taken a pay cut
...nor had their bargaining representative impose an anti-union, anti-democratic concoction created solely to protect the financial interests of the likely surrendering party (IAM) in a run-off representational election
...nor lost occupational seniority
...nor been told to revote on an identical proposal

The IAM isn’t exactly stellar when it comes to the pace and outcomes of their recent agreements when it comes to protecting jobs and valuable CBA language. Had this been the IAM you should be blaming the company, but because it’s AMFA and WN your own prejudice takes over. And the WN of today is very different from the WN of 2012, both their role in the industry, external cost pressures (i.e. ULCCs plus outfits McGee and UGE among others) have dramatically minimized WNs standing as a low cost producer.

Josh

Reactions: Rogallo
...and no mechanic has ever been furloughed
...nor taken a pay cut
...nor had their bargaining representative impose an anti-union, anti-democratic concoction created solely to protect the financial interests of the likely surrendering party (IAM) in a run-off representational election
...nor lost occupational seniority
...nor been told to revote on an identical proposal

The IAM isn’t exactly stellar when it comes to the pace and outcomes of their recent agreements when it comes to protecting jobs and valuable CBA language. Had this been the IAM you should be blaming the company, but because it’s AMFA and WN your own prejudice takes over. And the WN of today is very different from the WN of 2012, both their role in the industry, external cost pressures (i.e. ULCCs plus outfits McGee and UGE among others) have dramatically minimized WNs standing as a low cost producer.

Josh
amfa is strong at wn. The iam or teamsters or twu would never raid.

Reactions: 737823
The worst part about these negotiations is that fly confirmed that catering and lavs and lus current insurance wont be included today, or ever. And fly claims that things have moved swiftly with the mediators but the last ass update was disappointing and signaled a long stall. Fly claims the company is saving almost $1 billion a year by keeping the current contract, but madness and egos from the union have prevented progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts