American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part about these negotiations is that fly confirmed that catering and lavs and lus current insurance wont be included today, or ever. And fly claims that things have moved swiftly with the mediators but the last ass update was disappointing and signaled a long stall. Fly claims the company is saving almost $1 billion a year by keeping the current contract, but madness and egos from the union have prevented progress.

I thought small stations were sacrificed for catering even though the PHL ramp could absorb the personnel

So now the company is getting a second bite during record profits

Josh

We actually do alot of maintenance for 2700 mechanics. We were paid more for a long time until you guys past us. You guys have more than us, because all your wide bodies, international flying ETOPS, and all the back shops you have. We only have line, C check , APU shop, battery shop, slide shop, and coffee maker shop.

Actually driver you probably need to consider the History of SWA compared to AA.

SWA didn’t fly it’s first plane out of Texas until 1979. Prior to that from 71 to 79 it only flew in the State of Texas period.

Now I have to ask what year did the AMT’s at your Airline organize and what year did you gain your first CBA?

And of course even though you never had the numbers that the majors had in regards to an AMT workforce, Herb paid and treated you well so you never thought about the fight you might have in the future once Herb was gone.

TWU and IAM organized AA and US in 1947 and 1946 respectively. Many more years of Contract building there.

everything he said is secondhand. The only when and where directed is other work, plus catering and lavs. And some grandfathering in smaller stations.
Yes we were told the mgmt stooges want catering gone .Union wants those folks protected. Lavs n water in dca been outsourced for years as far as i know .

hmmm, i checked the system seniority for title 3 today and i lost 1 spot? i wonder how that happened? i know it wasn't a fueler.

in the past week 24 FSCs are off the list, yet i dropped one spot. amazing stuff. the list tells me that there are 10,257 twu FSCs as of today.

does one need to print the list every week and then challenge a new name in front of you, if you so happen to see one? i have no idea who appeared out of thin air throughout the system.

I’ve never really focused intently on that Seniority list my Great Lakes friend.

I don’t even pay overly attention to it here in my Station honestly.

...and no mechanic has ever been furloughed
...nor taken a pay cut
...nor had their bargaining representative impose an anti-union, anti-democratic concoction created solely to protect the financial interests of the likely surrendering party (IAM) in a run-off representational election
...nor lost occupational seniority
...nor been told to revote on an identical proposal

The IAM isn’t exactly stellar when it comes to the pace and outcomes of their recent agreements when it comes to protecting jobs and valuable CBA language. Had this been the IAM you should be blaming the company, but because it’s AMFA and WN your own prejudice takes over. And the WN of today is very different from the WN of 2012, both their role in the industry, external cost pressures (i.e. ULCCs plus outfits McGee and UGE among others) have dramatically minimized WNs standing as a low cost producer.

Josh

Haters gonna Hate!

Haven't heard a one of them say they would be willing to trade in AMFA for a Shiny New Association!

Yes we were told the mgmt stooges want catering gone .Union wants those folks protected. Lavs n water in dca been outsourced for years as far as i know .

I heard Isom’s (stupid) excuse why they want Catering and the part about the long drive around all the Construction is worth mocking hysterically.

So other people taking over the work (At loser pay) are going to be able to navigate traffic better? LMFAO.

Here in MIA we have 20 Lav positions and each gate has a Water cabinet so the gate crew waters the plane. I guess in LUS locations it’s a truck driver position? (No water cabinets)

I’ve never really focused intently on that Seniority list my Great Lakes friend.

I don’t even pay overly attention to it here in my Station honestly.

since javits, i've been checking. only last month i started writing down numbers.

the only thing i can think of is that someone from stores left stores and came to the ramp? but i checked the bid awards and can't correspond a stores (title 5?) to fsc (title 3) for the past month.

FSCs with more or less time on medical or personal leave or military leave...they are still on list anyways.

who is this person that appeared out of thin air??

i do remember a long time ago, that someone with building cleaning seniority bid his company time while bidding a FSC job...he bid out order for nearly 1 1/2 years. jumped 150 or so - bid after bid after bid, until someone dropped a dime on him.

Haters gonna Hate!

Haven't heard a one of them say they would be willing to trade in AMFA for a Shiny New Association!

driver has said he would prefer the IBT back and he has every right and should be respected for his opinion.

If this IAM/TWU Association (You might call it an aberration) proves itself with an industry leading contract while AMFA wallows away more years, you might just being hearing calls that they want that Ass in their house?

since javits, i've been checking. only last month i started writing down numbers.

the only thing i can think of is that someone from stores left stores and came to the ramp? but i checked the bid awards and can't correspond a stores (title 5?) to fsc (title 3) for the past month.

FSCs with more or less time on medical or personal leave or military leave...they are still on list anyways.

i do remember a long time ago, that someone with building cleaning seniority bid his company time while bidding a FSC job...he bid out order for nearly 1 1/2 years. jumped 150 or so, until someone dropped a dime on him.

Ready to see me write something you’ve never seen me write?

I have no clue Brother?

We already know that it’s going to be higher than Delta or United. What we don’t know is if it will be only 3% or more (As it should be more) and what will be the percentage for the subsequent years?

I’ve heard that there are CWA representatives who regret agreeing to the LAA Medical costs and that’s understandable since at least on the LUS side that meant they received less of a raise by percentage than their LAA counterparts who were already burdened by that expense.
We were told the pilots n the fas also are not happy bout the LAA insurance .

I heard Isom’s (stupid) excuse why they want Catering and the part about the long drive around all the Construction is worth mocking hysterically.

So other people taking over the work (At loser pay) are going to be able to navigate traffic better? LMFAO.

Here in MIA we have 20 Lav positions and each gate has a Water cabinet so the gate crew waters the plane. I guess in LUS locations it’s a truck driver position? (No water cabinets)
Depends. In bwi they have 1 lav/water truck. In DCA the lav trucks come to select flights. Water cabs at each gate

TWU and IAM organized AA and US in 1947 and 1946 respectively. Many more years of Contract building there.

So what? LAA has the least stations of any legacy carrier. Some of the crappiest scope to boot.

Haters gonna Hate!

Funny how all these so called “trade unionists” are so quick to sh*t on their peers, isn’t it?

Even more so when it’s coming from people that aren’t even in the industry anymore.

i do remember a long time ago, that someone with building cleaning seniority bid his company time while bidding a FSC job...he bid out order for nearly 1 1/2 years. jumped 150 or so - bid after bid after bid, until someone dropped a dime on him.

I’m curious to see how this turns out, and I’ll tell you this; not having a system seniority list anymore really really sucks. I miss it.

I’m curious to see how this turns out, and I’ll tell you this; not having a system seniority list anymore really really sucks. I miss it.

not sure...maybe someone who got fired 2-3 years ago..off payroll and seniority list...just got their job back?

maybe someone with 2 seniorities transferred from one city to another and a clerical error gave this person more seniority than they deserve?

So what? LAA has the least stations of any legacy carrier. Some of the crappiest scope to boot.

Funny how LAA has the least Stations (Delta before your merger had less) but somehow had WAY more Employees working when you separate the pre merged carriers? As a matter of fact the LAA Employee count was something the Airline Analysts never liked about the Airline prior to the Bankruptcy.

Now since I was talking to driver about Aircraft Maintenance can you tell me how their Scope is so terrible when they have insanely more people working at AA than SWA?

I know, I know. The only important thing to you about Scope is keeping those wee one widdle pilot cities upped and staffed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts