American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the majority of the membership is angry with both unions for that very reason.
If there were continuous updates of truth from the negotiations the membership would be at least neutral.

And you who couldn’t get more than a handful of cards signed for your AMP idea actually think you speak for the majority?

Stop thinking so highly of yourself.

There is zero input at TWU. The TWU International may have signed off but the local Presidents have been kicked out of negotiations since basically the beginning.

The TWU President’s Negotiated over 3/4 of the Contract before the Executive Committee took over.

Stop lying.

Wow I never thought I would live to read the day that you called AMFA piss poor representation.

Bravo Rogallo.
sarcasm_font.jpg

And you who couldn’t get more than a handful of cards signed for your AMP idea actually think you speak for the majority?

Stop thinking so highly of yourself.
First, you are correct, but I was not running a card drive alone.
and the Mechanics at American are far from the majority.

Ok, so you are telling me that the membership is ok with the structure of these negotiations?

So what? LAA has the least stations of any legacy carrier. Some of the crappiest scope to boot.

Funny how all these so called “trade unionists” are so quick to sh*t on their peers, isn’t it?

Even more so when it’s coming from people that aren’t even in the industry anymore.

I’m curious to see how this turns out, and I’ll tell you this; not having a system seniority list anymore really really sucks. I miss it.
We had a system seniority list when we were non union

First, you are correct, but I was not running a card drive alone.
and the Mechanics at American are far from the majority.

Ok, so you are telling me that the membership is ok with the structure of these negotiations?

Finally someone structures a question towards me the right way so I can give them the response they want to hear.

No I don’t believe they are excited with the structure of how these Negotiations are currently proceeding with reading that their directly elected Local Representatives are not in the room at least hearing and observing even if they aren’t directly Negotiating.

So it was not Gary Peterson and Sito while the presidents sit in an adjoining room?

“There is zero input at TWU. The TWU International may have signed off but the local Presidents have been kicked out of negotiations since basically the beginning“

That is what you wrote. You wrote that they have been kicked out of Negotiations “since basically the beginning” which is not true at all.

All the President’s and AGC’s from the original Negotiating Committee worked on the Contract for again at least 3/4 of what you will eventually be reading in the JCBA’s.

And Gary Peterson who handed off his 591 Presidency has been there since day 1.

I know that you may be nervous that Dale is not in there to represent TUL OH but I sincerely hope you have nothing to be worried about?

To answer your question Weazz the IAM was there till 1980 was the IAM strike. We then tried an in house Union, got the Teamsters in 1980 so from 1980 to 2003 about 6 contracts. Unfortunately we used the Teamsters to get a new contract in 2003, then AMFA came in. AMFA did an extension in 2009 to 2012.-So this last 6.5 years has been AMFA first full section 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.