American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
“There is zero input at TWU. The TWU International may have signed off but the local Presidents have been kicked out of negotiations since basically the beginning“

That is what you wrote. You wrote that they have been kicked out of Negotiations “since basically the beginning” which is not true at all.

All the President’s and AGC’s from the original Negotiating Committee worked on the Contract for again at least 3/4 of what you will eventually be reading in the JCBA’s.

And Gary Peterson who handed off his 591 Presidency has been there since day 1.

I know that you may be nervous that Dale is not in there to represent TUL OH but I sincerely hope you have nothing to be worried about?

Nervous? I really could care less what the local does, I am repeating what I have been told. You and I both know that the International has always run things.
Tulsa has never had much of a say unless it was the TWU way or the TWU International way. Actually, my only worry is the IAMPF appearing in the TA if we get a TA.

Nervous? I really could care less what the local does, I am repeating what I have been told. You and I both know that the International has always run things.
Tulsa has never had much of a say unless it was the TWU way or the TWU International way. Actually, my only worry is the IAMPF appearing in the TA if we get a TA.

There are a lot of line mechanics as you know who don’t feel the way you do and think TUL was the darling of the Family. Anyway to a degree again I do agree with you. In the past there have been enough stories told to me of how the International Reps will make sure you know that it’s them in charge.

Aside from this Association way I don’t feel this Group that did stage the only successful coup in TWU History is like that but time will tell.

And BTW want to bet me a paycheck that the IAMPF is not going to be offered to the TWU side? I don’t “think” you have anything at all to worry about.

There are a lot of line mechanics as you know who don’t feel the way you do and think TUL was the darling of the Family. Anyway to a degree again I do agree with you. In the past there have been enough stories told to me of how the International Reps will make sure you know that it’s them in charge.

Aside from this Association way I don’t feel this Group that did stage the only successful coup in TWU History is like that but time will tell.

And BTW want to bet me a paycheck that the IAMPF is not going to be offered to the TWU side? I don’t “think” you have anything at all to worry about.
If I had any idea that the IAMPF would be offered I would bet it would go down in Tulsa, but your bet no. Also, I am counting on my Frozen Pension and do not believe it can be touched in negotiations,
but attached to the bankruptcy I do worry.

If I had any idea that the IAMPF would be offered I would bet it would go down in Tulsa, but your bet no. Also, I am counting on my Frozen Pension and do not believe it can be touched in negotiations,
but attached to the bankruptcy I do worry.

Fair enough Buck.

Look the Company doesn’t even want the liability it has on the books now for our DBP’s now much less touching it for anything else. Personally I wish AA had been forced to shore it up with that 10 Billion they pretty much squandered on Stock Buybacks but we have nothing in the Laws to force them to do that. Now if this was France we probably would.

But I’m sorry I don’t understand what you mean “attached to the Bankruptcy”?

To answer your question Weazz the IAM was there till 1980 was the IAM strike. We then tried an in house Union, got the Teamsters in 1980 so from 1980 to 2003 about 6 contracts. Unfortunately we used the Teamsters to get a new contract in 2003, then AMFA came in. AMFA did an extension in 2009 to 2012.-So this last 6.5 years has been AMFA first full section 6.

Wow go back to early 1979 and SWA only had 14 planes. And this link also mentions the IAM Strike.

https://www.swamedia.com/pages/1978-to-1983

Twu only has 17 stations but only 5 cargo centers. They waived all rights to central load, tower jobs, catering, etc. And for all practical purposes they only have 10 or so stations since 4 stations are "when and where directed" with others to follow.

Which is why I find it more than a little disingenuous for Dave to be talking up the idea that somehow ~70 years of “contract building” makes his CBA better than those at WN.

Results prove worth.

They sure do. Let me know when that JCBA come through.

We had a system seniority list when we were non union

Our lists are by station. You can see all of them (and it’s all by D.O.H.), but it’s rarely updated, and doesn’t show people on leave, OJI, etc...

So what? LAA has the least stations of any legacy carrier. Some of the crappiest scope to boot.

Funny how all these so called “trade unionists” are so quick to sh*t on their peers, isn’t it?

Even more so when it’s coming from people that aren’t even in the industry anymore.
There Scope is a result of bankruptcy, and it’s still better than yours, as you have none!

We went through that ringer as well, yet somehow fared better.

Is it, though?

Annoying Merry Go Round of BS with you. Yes what I have today is 1000 times better than what you have because Delta Management can FIRE your sorry ass tomorrow for absolutely no cause and there is pretty much NOTHING you can say or do about it.

They can drum up any kind of crap they want (Out of Uniform) and toss you in the can.

And how did you fare better anyway? You LOST your entire Union. You LOST everything.

Annoying Merry Go Round of BS with you. Yes what I have today is 1000 times better than what you have because Delta Management can FIRE your sorry ass tomorrow for absolutely no cause and there is pretty much NOTHING you can say or do about it.

They can drum up any kind of crap they want (Out of Uniform) and toss you in the can.

And how did you fare better anyway? You LOST your entire Union. You LOST everything.
not sure about Miami but ORD has its share of firings. Company fires people all of the time for the most minor infringes but the union doesn't arbitrate. Our IAM hasn't arbitrated one single case nationwide for us in the last 12 months. Yet people get fired all the time. Not sure what your point is? Most rampers would probably have a better chance at not getting fired if we didn't have the weak IAM. Having a union sucks when it doesn't arbitrate and the company just pushes it around.

Which is why I find it more than a little disingenuous for Dave to be talking up the idea that somehow ~70 years of “contract building” makes his CBA better than those at WN.

I compare to Rampers all over the Country who lift bags unlike you who cherry picks. The ONLY reason you are still where you are is because Delta has never not had the IAM nipping at their heels since you LOST your Union.

If the IAM ever shuts down it’s effort your World will turn upside down pretty quick would be my guess.

BTW SWA Ramp also has far less Rampers than we have at the merged AA. Overall in General they do in full value compensation make more than us as they should since they never went Bankrupt. And are not still stuck under BK agreements like we are at AA.

There Scope is a result of bankruptcy, and it’s still better than yours, as you have none!
In reality, Kev has been much better off. He is probably $500,000 ahead of me, career wise, due to me being limited with IAM representation. Just the profit sharing alone is probably an accumulation with interest of well over $300,000. The IAM cut out my profit sharing when it brought in the IAM Pension. That's the part that I'm going to stick up your asses if you ever do get an election at Delta. I can guarantee 100% that if the IAM ever were to get in at Delta, that their profit sharing will be gone and replaced with the IAM Pension. Our profit sharing wasn't much but it was 2%, which is better than the one we have no that the company freely give us without it being a contract term.

Status
Not open for further replies.