American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. ALUS78

ALUS78 Veteran

You could get mornings with 2 years on.the lus side

2. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Finally someone structures a question towards me the right way so I can give them the response they want to hear.

No I don’t believe they are excited with the structure of how these Negotiations are currently proceeding with reading that their directly elected Local Representatives are not in the room at least hearing and observing even if they aren’t directly Negotiating.

3. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

“There is zero input at TWU. The TWU International may have signed off but the local Presidents have been kicked out of negotiations since basically the beginning“

That is what you wrote. You wrote that they have been kicked out of Negotiations “since basically the beginning” which is not true at all.

All the President’s and AGC’s from the original Negotiating Committee worked on the Contract for again at least 3/4 of what you will eventually be reading in the JCBA’s.

And Gary Peterson who handed off his 591 Presidency has been there since day 1.

I know that you may be nervous that Dale is not in there to represent TUL OH but I sincerely hope you have nothing to be worried about?

4. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

To answer your question Weazz the IAM was there till 1980 was the IAM strike. We then tried an in house Union, got the Teamsters in 1980 so from 1980 to 2003 about 6 contracts. Unfortunately we used the Teamsters to get a new contract in 2003, then AMFA came in. AMFA did an extension in 2009 to 2012.-So this last 6.5 years has been AMFA first full section 6.

5. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

Yes it is, but people must come to that conclusion on their own.

6. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

Nervous? I really could care less what the local does, I am repeating what I have been told. You and I both know that the International has always run things.
    Tulsa has never had much of a say unless it was the TWU way or the TWU International way. Actually, my only worry is the IAMPF appearing in the TA if we get a TA.

7. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

There are a lot of line mechanics as you know who don’t feel the way you do and think TUL was the darling of the Family. Anyway to a degree again I do agree with you. In the past there have been enough stories told to me of how the International Reps will make sure you know that it’s them in charge.

Aside from this Association way I don’t feel this Group that did stage the only successful coup in TWU History is like that but time will tell.

And BTW want to bet me a paycheck that the IAMPF is not going to be offered to the TWU side? I don’t “think” you have anything at all to worry about.

8. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

If I had any idea that the IAMPF would be offered I would bet it would go down in Tulsa, but your bet no. Also, I am counting on my Frozen Pension and do not believe it can be touched in negotiations,
    but attached to the bankruptcy I do worry.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Fair enough Buck.

Look the Company doesn’t even want the liability it has on the books now for our DBP’s now much less touching it for anything else. Personally I wish AA had been forced to shore it up with that 10 Billion they pretty much squandered on Stock Buybacks but we have nothing in the Laws to force them to do that. Now if this was France we probably would.

But I’m sorry I don’t understand what you mean “attached to the Bankruptcy”?

10. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Wow go back to early 1979 and SWA only had 14 planes. And this link also mentions the IAM Strike.

https://www.swamedia.com/pages/1978-to-1983

11. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Which is why I find it more than a little disingenuous for Dave to be talking up the idea that somehow ~70 years of “contract building” makes his CBA better than those at WN.

They sure do. Let me know when that JCBA come through.

Our lists are by station. You can see all of them (and it’s all by D.O.H.), but it’s rarely updated, and doesn’t show people on leave, OJI, etc...

12. GVPSPIAM

GVPSPIAM Senior

There Scope is a result of bankruptcy, and it’s still better than yours, as you have none!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. GVPSPIAM

GVPSPIAM Senior

Proof

14. GVPSPIAM

GVPSPIAM Senior

Proof

15. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Unless it was time to vote in a TWU concessionary agreement!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1