American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aren’t a plan participant, and no one knows if you will ever be.

If and when it’s ever offered there will be road shows by the pension plan people all over the system.

It’s just a red herring by you and others.

Funny not one word about your $2 billion underfunded Pension that AA is barely funding.

2017 only $217 million contributed and 2018 only $467 million contributed, yet the have spent over $10 billion in stock buybacks. And that was to ALL of AA’s frozen pensions which are underfunded by $7 billion.

They can do that Brother....TWU

I’d be willing to bet there’s not a single union catering company in the state of N.C. or catering union trying to organize any of them,typical TN bs
GVP needs to have a union shop if he is going to spout off and claim he is such a union guy. He not only refuses to pay dues but he absolutely can recognize a union, even call the IAM and tell them that he wants them to represent his workers. While I'm not certain, he probably can't do that because he is employing illegal aliens. That's my hunch since he came out strong against a border wall of any type.

8CC3E896-45AE-4CB0-890A-5AD17F2D8CF5.jpeg
GVP needs to have a union shop if he is going to spout off and claim he is such a union guy. He not only refuses to pay dues but he absolutely can recognize a union, even call the IAM and tell them that he wants them to represent his workers. While I'm not certain, he probably can't do that because he is employing illegal aliens. That's my hunch since he came out strong against a border wall of any type.

This doesn’t even deserve a reply,dude just do us all a favor and go away like you said you were

If and when it’s ever offered there will be road shows by the pension plan people all over the system.

Funny not one word about your $2 billion underfunded Pension that AA is barely funding.

2017 only $217 million contributed and 2018 only $467 million contributed, yet the have spent over $10 billion in stock buybacks. And that was to ALL of AA’s frozen pensions which are underfunded by $7 billion.

The last known offer from the Company was to suspend its IAMPF participation which would then freeze what would be paid out to members who were a part of it and exchange that for a 9% 401k program (5% contribution, 4% match)

So just knowing that alone should have allayed fears by TWU Members that they would be forced into the IAMPF. But for some reason this fear continues to linger.

Instead of focusing on the IAMPF the Employees of LAA should be more laser focused on those underfunded DBP’s instead. The Company had the ability the last few years to secure our retirements and instead chose to waste 10 Billion Dollars trying to bring up the share price which didn’t work in the short term.

Last edited:
I’d be willing to bet there’s not a single union catering company in the state of N.C. or catering union trying to organize any of them,typical TN bs

It’s nothing more than a concentrated attack against the poster and who they believe him to be including the violation of board rules in not asking him who he “might be” but actually saying the “name” by one poster yesterday.

Anyway for now at least I’m observing restricting myself to reading or responding to the individuals I’ve placed on ignore and it does make things much more peaceful. And I’m not even peaking much.

Reactions: GVPSPIAM
Good job carrying “Sito’s” water, Dave.

I wasn’t the one who “chose” to place a name towards the particular poster who did not name himself and which used to be a severe violation of Board rules.

Now I have no problem with you using my name if you’d like since I long ago outed myself here but what you did yesterday is what Gentlemen used to call “Poor Form old boy”

You should apologize to the poster.

I’ve played in the cooler enough to know the rules of the board are subjective at best.

Yet we would all prefer to stay in AAs underfunded pension vs the IAM's underfunded pension. There are plenty of reasons to remain.

Reactions: Rogallo and Kev3188
Yet we would all prefer to stay in AAs underfunded pension vs the IAM's underfunded pension. There are plenty of reasons to remain.
You don’t have a choice, your frozen pension isnt accurring a single penny for you or anyone else since the date of the freeze.

You can’t opt out or in of your frozen pension

92% funded IAMNPF, AA’s frozen pension 63% funded to a tune of $7 billion underfunded, TWU’s portion is $2 billion underfunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts