American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man,was i ever wrong I thought we would go through this bullchit the second contract.I thought the first contract would be a cinch,I thought the company would just want the merger complete.They got a lot of balls asking for what they want considering what we all have been through and how well they are doing.F@@,k em
They would probably buy back more stock with the extra money they would save on us with their proposal. I don't thnk mgmt cares what they ask us for. The more the better as far as they see it. They have what they needed most when we got our raise, so it's a laugh for them to throw sh*t sandwiches at us. I don't care for this mgmt group much at all. They seem to care less about the " Team" under the wings. They buy back tons of stock which just happens to be the way they get paid, yet they are cheap on the operation where we are close to last place in all rankings. I'm anxious to see how the FA's and pilots do.

They would probably buy back more stock with the extra money they would save on us with their proposal. I don't thnk mgmt cares what they ask us for. The more the better as far as they see it. They have what they needed most when we got our raise, so it's a laugh for them to throw sh*t sandwiches at us. I don't care for this mgmt group much at all. They seem to care less about the " Team" under the wings. They buy back tons of stock which just happens to be the way they get paid, yet they are cheap on the operation where we are close to last place in all rankings. I'm anxious to see how the FA's and pilots do.
The buy back stock and then complain of possible liquidity issues along with almost a billion dollar bill due in 2019 on the pension plan...

It’s mostly for fleet.

Briefing for 2-17-19

NEGOTIATIONS: After this past week of negotiations, their is still no movement from the company on fleet scope. I want to take this briefing and address some the questions I have been asked the last couple of weeks.

1. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST HOLD UP WITH OUR SCOPE: To put it simply, its that the company wants to take away our work.
Keep in mind, its not only what a contract says, but sometimes its what a contract doesn't say, that can make it be very damaging. For ex: In our current 2014 agreement our fleet work is defined as such: " Normal and customary work associated with the handling and transporting of luggage and material: the loading and unloading of aircraft: the delivery of baggage and Company material". In the current TWUagreement, it defines fleet work even more detailed than our language above. However in these negotiations, the company wants to define " core work ". They basically want to guarantee our core work. And nothing else. The BIG catch however, is that they consider core work just the one part above where it states " the loading and unloading of aircraft. " That's it!! Nothing else.

Now of course they didn't mention in their proposal they put on jetnet that they want to take away all our other work. BUT, the company refuses to put in a written proposal, the current language that we have today in our IAM agreement, or the current language that is in the current TWU agreement.
So even though their jetnet proposal doesn't say they want to take away everything except loading and unloading aircraft. They will tell our executive team in the room that they need the flexibility to compete with DL and UA.

2. BUT HAVEN'T THEY GUARANTEED EVERYONE THEIR JOB: Yes they have. However, they haven't promised you that you will still be performing the work you are performing today. If that's transferring bags and company material ? No guarantee. If that's working Bagroom? No guarantee. If your TWU and reading this and you own other work today besides loading and unloading of aircraft? No guarantee. ( Except listed below ). They basically want to have the ability to shrink our work over the length of the contract, down to whatever number they deem necessary.
Also, since they will never be replacing people as they transition out, you can forget about your seniority going anywhere. If nobody is coming behind you, then the company every year of their proposal, will need less shifts, days off, vacation, etc. for our work group. Your days off, your available vacation weeks, your shifts, they will not grow and get better with more opportunities, they will shrink and you will have less and less opportunities, even though your time with the company will be increasing.

3. BUT THEY DID GUARANTEE US LAV AND WATER AND DEICING AND CARGO DIDN'T THEY: Today we perform lav and water in 34 stations combined. The company wants to guarantee this in 19 stations. Today we deice in 19 combined stations, the company wants to guarantee 5. I call that taking away from what we do today!! And again, I know I keep saying this, but its really unbelievable, that this is work that we achieved as the 5th largest carrier ( IAM ) or in a bankrupt contract (TWU ). Think about that and let it sink in. This company doesn't even want to give you the work that you achieved in those two agreements. They still want to take from our work group.

4. DIDN'T THEY GUARANTEE TO MAKE US THE HIGHEST PAID IN THE INDUSTRY: Yes, your first year of the contract only. After that UA, and maybe DL ( non union so who knows ) would pass us in pay.

5. WHATS NEXT? This is up to the mediators on what's next. It will be up to them to decide if they can get the two sides to move to a t/a and put it out for a vote. If they can't get either side to move, then they will eventually ( its up to them when ) offer both sides to go to arbitration with the remaining issues. We would more than likely decline this option ( just my opinion ) and then move to our 30 day cooling off period to where we could strike. BUT, because we are the largest carrier in the world, what would most likely happen instead of allowing us to strike, would be for the President to form a PEB ( Presidential Emergency Board ) that would make recommendations on a t/a. This recommended t/a by the PEB is not binding and can be voted down by the membership. Again, the timeline when anything else happens is strictly up to the mediators.

Bottom line in all of this, is DO YOU TRUST THE COMPANY WITH YOUR SCOPE?? Do you really think for one second, if we allow our current scope language to go down to just loading and unloading aircraft that this company will not decimate our work group over a period of time just because they didn't specifically state they would in their jet net proposal? You have to read between the lines. There is a HUGE reason they want the scope language changed. BUT, they want you to trust them again!!
Sisters and brothers, we have made mistakes in the past by looking at just the money in a contract. Hopefully we have learned from those mistakes. This company doesn't think we have. They think you should agree to what they are offering and trust them that they will take care of your jobs. I remember the days when at LUS we had I believe 81 stations at one time, and the company said they had no intention of getting rid of any of them, to just trust them. Well look where we are today. I for one, will never trust this company on anything, unless they put it in writing. If they want us to trust them, then they should have no problem proving it and putting it in a written proposal. The fact that they refuse to do this, should scream to everyone out there, on just what they plan to do with our fleet service group if we allow them.
There comes a time where as union sisters and brothers we have to stand up and tell the company to shove it.
We can not allow this company to continue to take us backwards. We have to say that we are finished being screwed by this company.
Sorry for such a long brief, but wanted to answer some of the questions I have been asked.

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD AND SAFE WEEK
Mark Baskett

I’ll tell you a very simple reason I believe everything that Mark wrote here even if he isn’t directly in the room.

“Common Sense”

The Company showed that they have no problem putting out their proposals and videos publicly. They also have the best tool out there for getting their message out in Jetnet/Workbrain.

They also monitor all these pages where we interact so they know what’s being said about their proposals.

In regards to Scope the Company themselves has used the term “Core Work” without providing a solid definition for what that means. So one can naturally assume that the Company very well does define our work as loading and unloading Aircraft only.

Common sense if that wasn’t true the Company would/could refute it.

On wages the only thing publicly stated was 3% above Delta. They never mentioned what the percentage would be over the 5 year term? So since they didn’t state those details it’s very likely that we do fall behind the other Airlines during the life of the Contract.

Common sense if that wasn’t true the Company would/could refute it.

So Common sense dictates that the Company has the ability and means to refute any false information out there but so far haven’t done that have they.

The Company doesn’t want any of us to see or read the fine print.

It’s mostly for fleet.

Briefing for 2-17-19

NEGOTIATIONS: After this past week of negotiations, their is still no movement from the company on fleet scope. I want to take this briefing and address some the questions I have been asked the last couple of weeks.

1. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST HOLD UP WITH OUR SCOPE: To put it simply, its that the company wants to take away our work.
Keep in mind, its not only what a contract says, but sometimes its what a contract doesn't say, that can make it be very damaging. For ex: In our current 2014 agreement our fleet work is defined as such: " Normal and customary work associated with the handling and transporting of luggage and material: the loading and unloading of aircraft: the delivery of baggage and Company material". In the current TWUagreement, it defines fleet work even more detailed than our language above. However in these negotiations, the company wants to define " core work ". They basically want to guarantee our core work. And nothing else. The BIG catch however, is that they consider core work just the one part above where it states " the loading and unloading of aircraft. " That's it!! Nothing else.

Now of course they didn't mention in their proposal they put on jetnet that they want to take away all our other work. BUT, the company refuses to put in a written proposal, the current language that we have today in our IAM agreement, or the current language that is in the current TWU agreement.
So even though their jetnet proposal doesn't say they want to take away everything except loading and unloading aircraft. They will tell our executive team in the room that they need the flexibility to compete with DL and UA.

2. BUT HAVEN'T THEY GUARANTEED EVERYONE THEIR JOB: Yes they have. However, they haven't promised you that you will still be performing the work you are performing today. If that's transferring bags and company material ? No guarantee. If that's working Bagroom? No guarantee. If your TWU and reading this and you own other work today besides loading and unloading of aircraft? No guarantee. ( Except listed below ). They basically want to have the ability to shrink our work over the length of the contract, down to whatever number they deem necessary.
Also, since they will never be replacing people as they transition out, you can forget about your seniority going anywhere. If nobody is coming behind you, then the company every year of their proposal, will need less shifts, days off, vacation, etc. for our work group. Your days off, your available vacation weeks, your shifts, they will not grow and get better with more opportunities, they will shrink and you will have less and less opportunities, even though your time with the company will be increasing.

3. BUT THEY DID GUARANTEE US LAV AND WATER AND DEICING AND CARGO DIDN'T THEY: Today we perform lav and water in 34 stations combined. The company wants to guarantee this in 19 stations. Today we deice in 19 combined stations, the company wants to guarantee 5. I call that taking away from what we do today!! And again, I know I keep saying this, but its really unbelievable, that this is work that we achieved as the 5th largest carrier ( IAM ) or in a bankrupt contract (TWU ). Think about that and let it sink in. This company doesn't even want to give you the work that you achieved in those two agreements. They still want to take from our work group.

4. DIDN'T THEY GUARANTEE TO MAKE US THE HIGHEST PAID IN THE INDUSTRY: Yes, your first year of the contract only. After that UA, and maybe DL ( non union so who knows ) would pass us in pay.

5. WHATS NEXT? This is up to the mediators on what's next. It will be up to them to decide if they can get the two sides to move to a t/a and put it out for a vote. If they can't get either side to move, then they will eventually ( its up to them when ) offer both sides to go to arbitration with the remaining issues. We would more than likely decline this option ( just my opinion ) and then move to our 30 day cooling off period to where we could strike. BUT, because we are the largest carrier in the world, what would most likely happen instead of allowing us to strike, would be for the President to form a PEB ( Presidential Emergency Board ) that would make recommendations on a t/a. This recommended t/a by the PEB is not binding and can be voted down by the membership. Again, the timeline when anything else happens is strictly up to the mediators.

Bottom line in all of this, is DO YOU TRUST THE COMPANY WITH YOUR SCOPE?? Do you really think for one second, if we allow our current scope language to go down to just loading and unloading aircraft that this company will not decimate our work group over a period of time just because they didn't specifically state they would in their jet net proposal? You have to read between the lines. There is a HUGE reason they want the scope language changed. BUT, they want you to trust them again!!
Sisters and brothers, we have made mistakes in the past by looking at just the money in a contract. Hopefully we have learned from those mistakes. This company doesn't think we have. They think you should agree to what they are offering and trust them that they will take care of your jobs. I remember the days when at LUS we had I believe 81 stations at one time, and the company said they had no intention of getting rid of any of them, to just trust them. Well look where we are today. I for one, will never trust this company on anything, unless they put it in writing. If they want us to trust them, then they should have no problem proving it and putting it in a written proposal. The fact that they refuse to do this, should scream to everyone out there, on just what they plan to do with our fleet service group if we allow them.
There comes a time where as union sisters and brothers we have to stand up and tell the company to shove it.
We can not allow this company to continue to take us backwards. We have to say that we are finished being screwed by this company.
Sorry for such a long brief, but wanted to answer some of the questions I have been asked.

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD AND SAFE WEEK
Mark Baskett
the problem is that almost everything he said is either a lie or he is being intellectually dishonest.
1. Lie #1. While i agree what he said that its not just about the money, that jack arse prick only went for the money and knifed us all in the back cuz of the weighted level of dues. You union pollyannas talk with fork tongues. You refuse to recognize that you hosed us by going for money only.

Lie 2: There will never be a PEB. Baskett may not be intentionally be lying but he simply doesnt have the skillset or research mentality to understand this isnt going to be a PEB situation. It will be a vote, then after any rejection, Sito and Alex WILL sign for arbitration (Not good).

Lie 3: Core Work
What Baskett fails to say is that he F'ed up everything up by voting yes to "core work" at United. As an aside, core work does include bagroom.

That said, Parker is only asking Baskett for what he already voted for. I told Baskett and weez and you that this will come back to haunt us but none of you are educated enough to understand the reality of the predicament.

the problem is that almost everything he said is either a lie or he is being intellectually dishonest.
1. Lie #1. While i agree what he said that its not just about the money, that jack arse prick only went for the money and knifed us all in the back cuz of the weighted level of dues. You union pollyannas talk with fork tongues. You refuse to recognize that you hosed us by going for money only.

Lie 2: There will never be a PEB. Baskett may not be intentionally be lying but he simply doesnt have the skillset or research mentality to understand this isnt going to be a PEB situation. It will be a vote, then after any rejection, Sito and Alex WILL sign for arbitration (Not good).

Lie 3: Core Work
What Baskett fails to say is that he F'ed up everything up by voting yes to "core work" at United. As an aside, core work does include bagroom.

That said, Parker is only asking Baskett for what he already voted for. I told Baskett and weez and you that this will come back to haunt us but none of you are educated enough to understand the reality of the predicament.
Refute it with facts, documentation, links, etc. your words mean nothing.

How much money does he make?
Great!
Compare salary now to 2009 looks like we had Venezuelan type inflation Tim wanted to slash IAM salaries gotta break an egg if you want an omelet. Another reason why Tim is despise but IAM payrollees

Refute it with facts, documentation, links, etc. your words mean nothing.

Again to reiterate. If the Association or any of its officials are not being completely forthcoming, it’s the Company itself that has the best tool available to refute and make their positions crystal clear.

Jetnet and Workbrain.

I’m waiting ????????

A "trade unionist" using one of the most ardent anti-labor sites out there to note a salary from a DECADE ago?

Holy, sh*t, that's some next level irony.

It’s a non-issue. People like you making a mountain out of a molehill

You know the IAM not only currently represents F/A's, but is also trying to organize F/A's at DL, correct?

And you can't see why a quick statement of support could be of value?

You sure you used to be involved with organizing?

A "trade unionist" using one of the most ardent anti-labor sites out there to note a salary from a DECADE ago?

Holy, sh*t, that's some next level irony.

You know the IAM not only currently represents F/A's, but is also trying to organize F/A's at DL, correct?

And you can't see why a quick statement of support could be of value?

You sure you used to be involved with organizing?
What don’t you get?

The company wasn’t involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts