American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another holiday lost for LAA folks. 16 years and counting.
Do you have a Twitter account?

https://mobile.twitter.com/twuivp

And I absolutely encourage Gary to continue to make videos even more so now in his role of TWU VP if that’s what he wants to do.

Oh and Mark is a Representative of the Association and in particular one of the AGC’s for CLT so when he puts out his updates they are particularly for his Membership in that Station.

He’s also recognized that he has another audience and has been gracious enough to include us in his thoughts.

PLEASE! No more GP videos..... PLEASE!

PLEASE! No more GP videos..... PLEASE!

You see though Metal, there’s the problem. Everyone wants it their way and no one can accept that people don’t march to the beat of the individual drummer in a Union.

People want information and when they get any information they immediately start to complain about it.

Personally I’d prefer unemotional updates from the Association without all the extras. But I’m not the Coach or even the Captain of the team. I’m just one of the players.

They would probably buy back more stock with the extra money they would save on us with their proposal. I don't thnk mgmt cares what they ask us for. The more the better as far as they see it. They have what they needed most when we got our raise, so it's a laugh for them to throw sh*t sandwiches at us. I don't care for this mgmt group much at all. They seem to care less about the " Team" under the wings. They buy back tons of stock which just happens to be the way they get paid, yet they are cheap on the operation where we are close to last place in all rankings. I'm anxious to see how the FA's and pilots do.

the company is on record as saying that any (and i assume, all) excess cash over $7 billion, will go to shareholders.

the company didn't purchase any stock in q3 & q4 of 2018 because of their fear of jet fuel rising more and consequently, getting under that magical $7 billion mark.

so, jet fuel cratered in q4 of 2018 and the $1.65 billion accommodated for share buy-backs until the end of 2020 is back on track.

delta has less than $2 billion on hand....aa, over $7 billion. i hope that cash is accumulating super interest...was taught not to have too much cash doing nothing.

i have noticed that jet fuel has consistently been .15 - .20 cents per gallon cheaper than what aa projected for the 1st quarter of 2019. should be a nice surprise for q1 2019 earnings.

today, it was up nearly .5 cents to $1.94 a gallon...still .8 cents cheaper than their highest projection for q1.

aa projected $1.97-$2.02 a gallon for jet fuel in q1.

if the company purchases 1+ billion gallons in q1..could be anywhere from $100-$200 million in additional 1st quarter profit.

Last edited:
The buy back stock and then complain of possible liquidity issues along with almost a billion dollar bill due in 2019 on the pension plan...

aa lowered it's debt by $760 million in 2018 and estimates it will further lower it by over $1 billion in 2019...as capex shrinks.

they just don't want to share anything with us.

You are nothing more than a pathological liar.

IBT-failed
AGW-failed
FSWU-failed
IBEW-failed
Removed twice as ORD Grievance Committee
Tried under Article L of the IAM Constitution, found guilty
Charged again under Article L, resigns membership
District 141 Elections- lost every time
Grand Lodge Election-lost every time
District Lodge 141 Director of Organizing-Fired

You have such an accomplished past.
Throughout his career Tim has a tendency to ruffle the feathers of the established union heads he also tells the truth.How many politicians do ypu know who tell the truth and are totally candid as Tim get elected? Not a whole hell of a lot

aa lowered it's debt by $760 million in 2018 and estimates it will further lower it by over $1 billion in 2019...as capex shrinks.

That’s why I have to laugh at all the next Bankruptcy prophesiers I read on Social Media all the time.

I’m glad to read that paying down debt has begun. I’d like the foundation of the house we live in to be solid honestly.

On top of the $1 Billion you bring up they also have a requirement to fund 890 Million towards shoring up our Pensions this year as well.

The shale revolution continues.

That’s why I have to laugh at all the next Bankruptcy prophesiers I read on Social Media all the time.

I’m glad to read that paying down debt has begun. I’d like the foundation of the house we live in to be solid honestly.

On top of the $1 Billion you bring up they also have a requirement to fund 890 Million towards shoring up our Pensions this year as well.

The shale revolution continues.

i agree. disappointed to read comments in jetnet about another BK. some employees seem to argue against themselves..BK in one post and the next they want an ILC. anything could happen...of course, but i see this management team as handicapping, not destroying. too much RJ flying...too much.

i believe that aa/cfo kerr includes the pension payment for the overall debt outlook for 2019.

delta's cash on hand is under $2 billion while aa has $7.6 billion. delta's debt also went up last year by $2 billion. they need to buy planes now.

In 2018, we made contributions of $467 million to our defined benefit pension plans. For 2019, we now intend to make contributions of $800 million, up slightly from the $780 million that we projected in our last earnings call. Rising interest rates have helped our pension liability and brought it down by $1.4 billion. However, the sell-off in risk assets in the fourth quarter resulted in negative asset return for the year, driving the increased contribution in order to maintain our desired funding status for all of our plans.

During 2018, we lowered our adjusted debt including pensions by approximately $760 million. We anticipate our 2019 year-end adjusted debt will be lower by more than $1 billion compared to year end 2018. Over the next few years this trend is planned to continue as we pay down our existing obligations, and our new aircraft deliveries slowed significantly after 2019.

You see though Metal, there’s the problem. Everyone wants it their way and no one can accept that people don’t march to the beat of the individual drummer in a Union.

People want information and when they get any information they immediately start to complain about it.

Personally I’d prefer unemotional updates from the Association without all the extras. But I’m not the Coach or even the Captain of the team. I’m just one of the players.
WeAAz, I have never been a fan of those videos. I can read the updates that are put out and do not need GP or anyone for that matter to convey their EMOTIONAL take on things.

It's almost bonus time for the top execs...Wonder what that amount is while I get 1.4%

WeAAz, I have never been a fan of those videos. I can read the updates that are put out and do not need GP or anyone for that matter to convey their EMOTIONAL take on things.

I can tell you that Members in both Groups appreciate the extra added information. When it was just the Association updates and nothing more they were going bananas with anxiety.

They want a little more meat on the bone.

It’s actually $1.6 billion cash and $200 million in short term investments for Delta.

https://quotes.wsj.com/DAL/financials/annual/balance-sheet

And AA has $5 billion cash on hand.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/AAL/american-airlines-group/cash-on-hand

you again...captain u.s. air.

let's see..delta. $1.6 billion + 200 million = $1.8 billion. i said delta has under $2 billion.

aa...cfo kerr told the investor world, including the SEC, that aa has $7.6 billion in cash & equivalents on hand.

i'll copy and paste that part for you..from the jan 2019 earnings call.

Reactions: Kev3188
Reactions: Kev3188
Status
Not open for further replies.