American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the TWU American Eagle deal preceded that

So John John in your mind it was the TWU who set the template that the CWA then improved on?

Anyway I’m not sure? But I thought the very idea of organizing in the first place was when people were being taken advantage of they would group together to try to improve their lives?

Anyway have you ever heard the phrase “People who live in Glass Houses shouldn’t throw stones”

A lot of resources are going into Envoy and Piedmont Express and mainline Passenger Service are second fiddle

You do recognize that you’re not up to bat yet again. Your Contract does not become amendable until November 30, 2020.

What exactly are you looking for?

FA07A97D-E577-46AF-9935-A62820EC8E5F.png

You didn’t answer. The TWU didn’t negotiate you CBA, that would be the CWA/IBT. So your non-answer says it all. Ineptitude of your own Association.

Guess that’s what you get when Verizon Phone Workers and a UPS Delivery driver negotiates for you.

The CWA/IBT had no choice but to sign a very bad deal for their Members since 70% of their new Membership had no representation or contractual protections coming in to this first agreement for them.

And yet even so the overall and total Membership passed the deal by 7000 YES to 2500 NO. That’s a HUGE Majority that supported it. (73% of the voters)

Frankly it’s offensive that there are “individual” thinkers out there who have difficulty accepting the will of the Majority.

I don’t think they fundamentally understand how being in a Union works frankly.

Last edited:
Parties will commence bargaining for an amended collective bargaining agreement no later than ninety (90) days prior to the Initial of Amendable Date of December 1, 2020. Seriously that would be ?????

1 year 5 months and 13 days from today. Today is March 17 “2019”

You can start Negotiations on August 30, “2020”

It’s a little bit early to start preparing just yet.

AMFA has an AIP I heard. Not sure if it's mentioned but you could kind of figure that after they got sued by the company. Part of the AIP is to drop the lawsuit, etc.
Either way, I think it's good that the members are voting. Either that or more ice.

Reactions: Kev3188
CWA USAirway brought in IBT America West Passenger Service Agents into very good first contract. There pay and work rules were among the worst in the industry. They had express pay and work rules. The company needed cross unitization. (helping hands) That’s how this whole union association thing started. There is no reason why this couldn’t of happen with this merger. Instead CWA/IBT sign a concessionary agreement and the two Chairmen on the bargaining committee left their unions soon afterwards

Anyway this is an IAM/TWU thread and 700 and weasel try to Rope-a-dope it into a CWA thing because they’re against the ropes

And they wanted to give TWA full seniority

Josh

If you say so. Seriously

Is your venerated CWA that inept that they need a year and a half to prepare?

Personally I don’t think they are.

Instead CWA/IBT sign a concessionary agreement and the two Chairmen on the bargaining committee left their unions soon afterwards

No the majority of your voting Membership decided to pass a deal that they found acceptable and they again found that deal acceptable by a pretty large margin.

73% YES to 27% NO.

You have no business being in a Union if you don’t have the personal respect to accept the will of the Majority.

AB9C90BA-1D14-4E9F-918F-ECDBBBC9566F.jpeg

CWA USAirway brought in IBT America West Passenger Service Agents into very good first contract. There pay and work rules were among the worst in the industry. They had express pay and work rules. The company needed cross unitization. (helping hands) That’s how this whole union association thing started. There is no reason why this couldn’t of happen with this merger. Instead CWA/IBT sign a concessionary agreement and the two Chairmen on the bargaining committee left their unions soon afterwards

Anyway this is an IAM/TWU thread and 700 and weasel try to Rope-a-dope it into a CWA thing because they’re against the ropes

Copy.

This was written by one of their Negotiators on their Facebook page.

DeAnna Stancil Davis

“I am praying that people understand this is our first contract and with minimum wage going up it will change and we now have a level playing field. We did not get American Airlines wages but we do not work for American. So people need to understand that up front. But we were being paid before 191 different ways a pay scale will definitely help our pay roll department.”

“I believe if you want to make AA money then you need to apply to AA but our goal was good language and protection and a fair scale to keep our stations growing not closing”

Now I’m not sure why a CWA Negotiator is worried about AA Envoy’s payroll department personally and it seems she really wants to tamp expectations by saying “We’re not American Airlines and if you want AA Wages you need to apply for AA”

John John I know you love your CWA but doesn’t this seem a little odd to you?

John John you never responded to this post from Late January.

Would you care to take a crack at it now?

That goes to show you if they beat you down enough you except less

So says you. You are one singular individual with one singular opinion and just one singular vote.

Again if you can’t accept the will of the majority it’s not the problem of the majority, it’s your problem.

And look at this crap to come out once again from another Union. It really pisses me off when a Union doesn’t release the results (The numbers) of a rejected deal. It makes them look like they have something to hide.

I hope the Association doesn’t engage in this BS if we reject a deal in the future.

F8045574-7B4C-4232-9C98-E5D4E619ED15.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts