American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying "Last Offer" but if we wanted to vote on the company's latest offer all it would take is a phone call to the company to accept what's on the table for a vote.

What’s been offered by the Company particularly as far as future work losses is unacceptable to those currently negotiating on our behalf.

“WE” don’t want to vote on it. “YOU” would like to look at and vote on it. Fair enough said that way.

You are incorrect about voting on who would represent us at the bargaining table. We were not allowed to vote for the current representation.

When you hired on if it was after 1995 (IAM Fleet) Yes you did vote for those who are representing you. You did that by taking the Job after knowing and accepting that this was a Union Job.

The TWU and IAM were already representing the collective and all they did was merely form a partnership to continue to do so.

(Read the decision by the NMB why they certified the TWU/IAM Association)

In our case one/any individual on the nego comm. can vote against bringing the offer out to the members for a vote. How is this the "Will of the People".

When the Executive Committee (Reps from both Unions) decide a deal is ripe they will have the entire Negotiating Committee vote if there is a deal or not.

Majority will rule as to whether something will then be passed on to us or not.

Those men all represent individual stations where the Membership (by majority) voted them in to make certain decisions for them.

Irrelevant if you didn’t vote for that particular President or AGC yourself.

It seems to me if you truly believe this then we should vote on the company's last offer and let the "Will of the Majority" decide.

You'd think so anyway...

You are incorrect about voting on who would represent us at the bargaining table. We were not allowed to vote for the current representation.

I wonder how that aligns with the whole "will of the majority" thing?

AMFA has an AIP I heard. Not sure if it's mentioned but you could kind of figure that after they got sued by the company. Part of the AIP is to drop the lawsuit, etc.
Either way, I think it's good that the members are voting. Either that or more ice.
Yes Tim we just came to an AIP on Sat. over the weekend after long nego's sessions going all night long into next morning. We have not heard anything about suits so far. Usually those types of suits are excused once an agreement is voted in, but both parties would have to agree, so we will see.
20% Snap up. 3% for outgoing years. 160 million in retro (bonuses as the co. wants to call it) which is a major advanced movement by co. from the 99 million of the last offer we voted on. The IO is what might be a stickler, they want 8 lines of IO where 3 will sunset at end of 5 year agreement and 5 will remain. Waiting on T/A to read all the ins and outs and final language on IO.

SWA will top out at 61.88 in 5 years. The association better get us at least that!
That sounds about right. It should be somewhere around 60 but I have not ran the numbers until they T/A it as things could change. And I hope you guys (mechanics) can leapfrog us.

AMFA didn't for our first T/A either just that 98% voted and it failed.
Although with 98% voting with a split of 73% NO to 27% YES at time of computer glitch by TrueBallot. At that point and time there really were not enough votes left to to sway it much further in either direction. Still 3/4's membership (approx) rejected the first offer.
This 2nd offer is major improvement in the numbers all around as it sounds for now, we will wait for the T/A and read all the info, but the co. did in fact come to nego and try to get this done IMO. Worried about the IO, only thing that I have heard so far that might hold me up, but, we will see.
I heard they are meeting today working diligently to get it to a T/A...

driver what’s all this talk about International Outsourcing in your new Agreement?

Can you explain it?
Haven't read all the language yet. I do believe all the existing C check lines stay. These 8 lines are growth lines I believe, so with adjustments to LOA 1, at the end of 5 years 3 would sunset , so from what I understand come back in house, and 5 would not. But we need to see the language. This is what the union AMFA and SWA agreed to, to get all our retro and the money raises guys would accept when they rejected the first T/A.

Yes Tim we just came to an AIP on Sat. over the weekend after long nego's sessions going all night long into next morning. We have not heard anything about suits so far. Usually those types of suits are excused once an agreement is voted in, but both parties would have to agree, so we will see.
20% Snap up. 3% for outgoing years. 160 million in retro (bonuses as the co. wants to call it) which is a major advanced movement by co. from the 99 million of the last offer we voted on. The IO is what might be a stickler, they want 8 lines of IO where 3 will sunset at end of 5 year agreement and 5 will remain. Waiting on T/A to read all the ins and outs and final language on IO.

That sounds about right. It should be somewhere around 60 but I have not ran the numbers until they T/A it as things could change. And I hope you guys (mechanics) can leapfrog us.

Although with 98% voting with a split of 73% NO to 27% YES at time of computer glitch by TrueBallot. At that point and time there really were not enough votes left to to sway it much further in either direction. Still 3/4's membership (approx) rejected the first offer.
This 2nd offer is major improvement in the numbers all around as it sounds for now, we will wait for the T/A and read all the info, but the co. did in fact come to nego and try to get this done IMO. Worried about the IO, only thing that I have heard so far that might hold me up, but, we will see.
future headcount wont be as high

Haven't read all the language yet. I do believe all the existing C check lines stay. These 8 lines are growth lines I believe, so with adjustments to LOA 1, at the end of 5 years 3 would sunset , so from what I understand come back in house, and 5 would not. But we need to see the language. This is what the union AMFA and SWA agreed to, to get all our retro and the money raises guys would accept when they rejected the first T/A.

Ok if that’s the case I would say that sounds promising. I hope that’s how the verbiage reads for you guys.

Ok if that’s the case I would say that sounds promising. I hope that’s how the verbiage reads for you guys.
Like I said need to read everything. So I guess in the end you get your raises. We still add mechanics as we grow, just not as many, if you did more work in house. But you will still have your line maintenance, field downlines. Airplanes are still going to get hit and have holes poked in them, lightning strikes. Our C checks ect.

That 160 in retro does the union get to keep any of it?? Personally I would like for it to go straight to me from the company why would the union have to put their hands on it Could the amount the union keeps sway them to recommend a yes vote. Kind of like a payola

That 160 in retro does the union get to keep any of it?? Personally I would like for it to go straight to me from the company why would the union have to put their hands on it Could the amount the union keeps sway them to recommend a yes vote. Kind of like a payola
No the union and the company just agree when it is distributed and how much. The company controls the $160,000,000. So that is $61,000,000 more in back pay than last year.

Would you look at what proudly showed up at my gate tonight.

E51D795E-EAE2-419C-9AD8-0B3389EC2D90.jpeg
82B3D39E-B0EF-4FF9-BCEF-7C16C8A238EE.jpeg

Some unions might try to take a cut.Nice chunk of change for you
Only if we say yes, almost an $10 an hour raise for me as a lead, all in of course.So over the lifetime of a contract big difference. But I figured 4 to 5 years average between contracts I will see two contracts by the time I retire. However of course you read the language of the modification of LOA 1 . The scope language I believe stays the same as T/A 1. But we have to wait to read the T/A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts