American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

also, the iam will never endorse a grounding, unless its airbus planes. Remember, the iam represents 28,000 boeing peeps

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

PAFCA?

3. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

What parts? I’m wondering what you think about all of it?

Is everything in fighting for your work nothing more than a fruitless effort?

Am I stupid to support your group?

4. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Can you give more details as to what the texting convo was about? Maybe I can offer a better opinion if I knew more of the topic. I don't want to just give you an opinion based on the two texts you posted.

5. john john

john john Veteran
    Contributor

#14690 john john, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    YES..............

6. john john

john john Veteran
    Contributor

Yep that was my point and weasel and handler wanted to turn it into a CWA thing

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

It started with a conversation on the phone earlier in the day where my friend thinks nothing matters including those plane crashes and that all the flying public thinks about is getting the cheapest ticket they can.

I disagree. I think enough planes drop out of the sky and the public will care way more than anyone thinks.

He also thinks I’m stupid for giving even one chit about your group cause he thinks none of you would think twice watching me and my group bleed out into the street?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Little John. CWA does it and so does TWU, IBT, IAM and plenty of other Unions out there in America both affiliated with the AFL/CIO and not affiliated with them.

It’s a controversial and highly debatable practice and subject that begs the question if it’s the right thing to do both morally and ethically?

I don’t think it’s a matter of simply being black or white? Do you?

And FYI the “Handler” line was coined by my former Local President here in MIA who I was instrumental in having tossed out of office by a 2 to 1 margin vote by divulging the items he preferred to keep hidden. The minor aggravation that I used to feel for the term is now a VERY proud badge of honor you can lay on me if you want.

Thanks.

9. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

BTW I was actually asking if you would like to finish the conversation that we started last week that you disappeared from?

10. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Ok, first I too think passengers do not care about aircraft maintenance. And the reason I believe they don't care is because they believe in the system. Air travel is still safe. I also think passengers have no concerns about where the maintenance is done. Again they most likely believe in the system and therefore should NOT have to worry. Of course they care about planes dropping out of the sky. But the real fight and concern will come into play when they or their loved ones are in court suing an airline or the plane manufacturer or both after a fatal crash. The lawyers then and only then will bring to light the problems with offshore maintenance. And then and only then might there be enough of an outrage by the flying public to demand an end to the practice.

Lastly, your friend might have a point. There are mechanics who feel as he says. I know a few. Personally you are not stupid for caring because of your strong unionism.
    Personally, I do not want to see anyone lose their job who are currently on payroll. And if that is what's on the table, then it might be the best outcome.
    I cannot worry about people who may or may not come to work long after I am gone. In this case I think our attempts are futile at best.
    But to you and all the others who feel we can win this fight, I wish it happens. Experience and bitterness has made me believe otherwise..

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Thanks Metal. I very much respect both you and your opinion. I may not always agree with you but you do conduct yourself here with me with a courtesy I very much appreciate and hopefully respond in kind. I wish we had more of that conduct here on Forums. There probably would be a lot more posters like there used to be here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Likewise, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

BTW don’t tell Vortilon or Rogallo but I like their contributions sometimes too.

Dvlhog rocks!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

15. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

• Like Like x 1