American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen. Now if more rank and file people would remember that. labor (collectively) would be in a much better place.

Many organizations would do well by seeing how AMFA operates. Unfortunately, the words "better and more radical" tend to scare those who have been made complacent by Business Unionism.
Most workers hate their union but are fearful. Consider the LAA mechanics and LUS mechanics, both groups are incredibly abused by their union but have syndromes. They have zero voice.

I’m curious why there is AA mechanics from Tulsa working in Philadelphia? I thought there was no road trips. The association is full of bulls$$$! Don’t trust the union

I’m curious why there is AA mechanics from Tulsa working in Philadelphia? I thought there was no road trips. The association is full of bulls$$$! Don’t trust the union

If your Local suggests any type of work by rule or by the book, or suggests not volunteering for any other items like using your own personal cell phone for Management contacts and PEOPLE tell them to buzz off by THEIR own actions your going to blame the Union?

Are you serious!!!!!!

The Union can’t force you to do anything you want or don’t want to do.

And if you want to slut yourself out for money that’s on you.

Reactions: B737 driver
What has the company demanded from the union, in order to pick up the negotiations tab?
At United, the company made it clear to the iam that it wouldnt flip the bill for all the food, drinks, booze, lavish hotels, salaries, unless the iam agreed to F its members by getting rid of their health care.

I was wondering if a SWA mechanic could post the new wages in the contract to be voted on! I’m curious because AA is currently in negotiations.
Not yet. Don't have a T/A as of yet. Don't want to spread misinfo. so I will wait for the T/A.

Swamt or 737 how long til u know when u cld see the t/a to vote on?
robbed, I can only guess as did driver, but I am hoping T/A comes by end of this week. Could be a little premature but hopeful.

Just guessing here, probably about two weeks, maybe, haven't heard anything.
With only a few changes from the last T/A that they said was left untouched, I would think they could have it done by end of this week, then next week we can be attorney's on the floor debating it all, and next week with our monthly union meeting get all the facts to the membership on 3-28 and quite possibly off to the presses and TrueBallot for the vote to start on 4-1-19 and closing the vote after 3-4 weeks. All guesses on my part, but it seems the co. is wanting this all to be in affect by 4-1.

Reactions: B737 driver
Just wait, it will get worse for you guys. You guys may not go the 5 plus years we went before getting your first T/A like we did, but, It sure does look like AA is playing the exact same play book as SWA did, almost to a "T".
My opinion is that they (the co.) took this way too long and a lot of the culture is permanently damaged, so sad, but true. Just hope you guys don't get as bad as it did here.

BTW once again let me remind that there are American Airlines Negotiations happening this week in case anyone cares about what’s happening at American Airlines in the American Airlines threads for those people who work at American Airlines and not Delta, United, Southwest, Menzies, UGS, DGS, Walmart, Burger King or any other hodgepodge of whoever, whatever anyone wants to talk about here off topic on Airline Forums.

Not yet. Don't have a T/A as of yet. Don't want to spread misinfo. so I will wait for the T/A.

robbed, I can only guess as did driver, but I am hoping T/A comes by end of this week. Could be a little premature but hopeful.
I hope so.

With only a few changes from the last T/A that they said was left untouched, I would think they could have it done by end of this week, then next week we can be attorney's on the floor debating it all, and next week with our monthly union meeting get all the facts to the membership on 3-28 and quite possibly off to the presses and TrueBallot for the vote to start on 4-1-19 and closing the vote after 3-4 weeks. All guesses on my part, but it seems the co. is wanting this all to be in affect by 4-1.

BTW once again let me remind that there are American Airlines Negotiations happening this week in case anyone cares about what’s happening at American Airlines in the American Airlines threads for those people who work at American Airlines and not Delta, United, Southwest, Menzies, UGS, DGS, Walmart, Burger King or any other hodgepodge of whoever, whatever anyone wants to talk about here off topic on Airline Forums.
Been kind of quiet on updates from both sides. I was just letting the mechanics of American know, because I would like to see them at least get paid what we will, or above if the Association,can get it.

Reactions: swamt
Been kind of quiet on updates from both sides. I was just letting the mechanics of American know, because I would like to see them at least get paid what we will, or above if the Association,can get it.

I would bet that they are more than capable and do go over and read your SWA threads when you guys post things.

They got their A&P’s easy enough didn’t they?

Just to lend any assistance that might be needed. If you look from the American Airlines threads down you will notice Delta is the second after, Southwest Airlines is 4th after, followed by United at 5th and then Regionals 6th.

There are also other threads for other issues all over these boards if it strikes any outsiders or interested parties fancies.

I mean personally I don’t find it that difficult myself to find other areas of the boards to talk about different topics but maybe I’m smarter than some here and needed to educate how to get there?

AE02B992-A3EF-43FB-BC2F-8281CA0BDA6B.png

Gary Peterson is blowing up talks. Is there any way to remove him?
Dude is calling Robert Isom names and thinks he is Donald Trump.
1 day prior to talks that dumb A Peterson is dogging Isom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190319-120142.png
    Screenshot_20190319-120142.png
    631.2 KB · Views: 182
When i talked to mark basktt we disscussed the iam pension plan. He did say thay sito is not "married" to the plan and that if a good enough offer was made they would drop it. When i asked what a good enough offer is he replied " well the pilots get 16.5%" . My point is not that we dont deserve that, but that the iams strategy is not to negotiate but to keep saying no untill they cant anymore.
So along with a few other bars that are set so high they are unattainable considering the support we receive fro. Our associates.
So yes we are painfully aware there are negotiations in dfw this week. But also aware that chances of anything happening are slim to none.

Reactions: swamt
Status
Not open for further replies.