American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 14167
When i talked to mark basktt we disscussed the iam pension plan. He did say thay sito is not "married" to the plan and that if a good enough offer was made they would drop it. When i asked what a good enough offer is he replied " well the pilots get 16.5%" . My point is not that we dont deserve that, but that the iams strategy is not to negotiate but to keep saying no untill they cant anymore.
So along with a few other bars that are set so high they are unattainable considering the support we receive fro. Our associates.
So yes we are painfully aware there are negotiations in dfw this week. But also aware that chances of anything happening are slim to none.

I’m sure they’re not married to the idea of 16.5% but of course they would like a reasonable deal for exchanging out anything they currently have today if that’s the case.

Curious Gen? Do you think any IAM Members would consider us unreasonable or unrealistic for wanting to at least hold of to any of the Scope we already own?

BTW yes my expectations for this week are also low. I guess all these companies just prefer to take an “adversarial” approach to all who perform work below the wing?

Gary Peterson is blowing up talks. Is there any way to remove him?
Dude is calling Robert Isom names and thinks he is Donald Trump.
1 day prior to talks that dumb A Peterson is dogging Isom.
Hes getting destroyed on Facebook, where did he come up with such a strategy? Its really hard for anyone to defend unless he is a supreme azz kiss

When i talked to mark basktt we disscussed the iam pension plan. He did say thay sito is not "married" to the plan and that if a good enough offer was made they would drop it. When i asked what a good enough offer is he replied " well the pilots get 16.5%" . My point is not that we dont deserve that, but that the iams strategy is not to negotiate but to keep saying no untill they cant anymore.
So along with a few other bars that are set so high they are unattainable considering the support we receive fro. Our associates.
So yes we are painfully aware there are negotiations in dfw this week. But also aware that chances of anything happening are slim to none.

If Sito (and the IAM) aren’t married to it, they sure have a weird way of showing it.

Reactions: swamt
Except for the dues objector I don’t think a single one on my list actually works for AA?

28BC0818-B784-454B-BBEE-4EEFCFDF1562.png

I personally don’t see the company and union making any progress next negotiating. We need to get the companies attention like SWA did. All the company understands is lose of money. When the stock holders get sick of losing money then the company will negotiate a new deal.

Reactions: dfw gen
I personally don’t see the company and union making any progress next negotiating.

(((((“””””We need to get the companies attention like SWA did”””””)))))

All the company understands is loss of money. When the stock holders get sick of losing money then the company will negotiate a new deal.

View attachment 14167

I’m sure they’re not married to the idea of 16.5% but of course they would like a reasonable deal for exchanging out anything they currently have today if that’s the case.

Curious Gen? Do you think any IAM Members would consider us unreasonable or unrealistic for wanting to at least hold of to any of the Scope we already own?

BTW yes my expectations for this week are also low. I guess all these companies just prefer to take an “adversarial” approach to all who perform work below the wing?
The problem is that the union went for the wages first, and made an agreement without gettin a jcba.
Management has no love so now peterson is upset. We have morons.
And Sito absolutely is married to the iam pension. I hope you dont believe he isnt???

Probab
View attachment 14167

Probably not, our scope would mean improvements for the iam on the overhaul side. Thats neither here nor there. We have way more to gain then they ever will at this point. Again i dont expect anything until the mediators declare an impasse and something is imposed. The iam lost a chance at retaining what they want but riding the coattails and letting us do the heavy lifting, while they skated along.

Probably not, our scope would mean improvements for the iam on the overhaul side. Thats neither here nor there. We have way more to gain then they ever will at this point. Again i dont expect anything until the mediators declare an impasse and something is imposed. The iam lost a chance at retaining what they want but riding the coattails and letting us do the heavy lifting, while they skated along.

Ok so gaining our Scope would bring in more Dues payers for the IAM. People here are always saying that the Unions are only in it for the Dues.

So gaining our Scope in both Groups brings in more jobs for the IAM. Plus we’re starting to fall behind in wages compared to our peers so that’s another area that both Unions are missing out on those Dues. Adding it up can come out to a lot of income.

And as far as an impasse and an imposition I highly doubt it. It’s never happened before in the Industry so I don’t think we’re going to set precedent.

Every update stresse medical benefits and retirement security, oh and pay....

Don’t forget they also stress Scope. That’s more the focus I see than anything else. But everything outstanding is being focused on.

Gen did you see that Envoy CSA Medical offer of 18% going up over time? I want you to keep that piece firmly in the back of your mind and watch what happens.

The IAMPF remember doesn’t bring in more Dues revenue. Wages bring in Dues.

Tim do you find it odd how Peterson is the only one making Isom allegations.If the association would remove Peterson from negotiations would the company look at it as a sign of good faith and move ahead with negotiations.?My opinion is as long as Peterson.is there we will see no progress

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will nominate former Delta Air Lines executive Steve Dickson to head the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the White House said on Tuesday, as the aviation agency grapples with fallout from two fatal crashes in Boeing airplanes.

Reuters reported on March 8 that Trump was expected to soon nominate Dickson to run the 45,000-employee agency that oversees U.S. airspace. Dickson left Delta in October after 27 years.

The FAA, which has been run by an acting chief for 14 months, is facing mounting questions over its certification of the Boeing 737 MAX from federal prosecutors and lawmakers. Dickson’s nomination had been in the works for months before the March 10 Ethiopian Airlines crash.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...tive-to-head-aviation-regulator-idUSKCN1R02JC

Capt. Sullenberger on the FAA and Boeing: ‘Our credibility as leaders in aviation is being damaged’
By Capt. 'Sully' Sullenberger
Published: Mar 19, 2019 3:29 p.m. ET

“For too many years, the FAA has not been provided budgets sufficient to ensure appropriate oversight of a rapidly growing global aviation industry. Staffing has not been adequate for FAA employees to oversee much of the critically important work of validating and approving aircraft certification. Instead, much of the work has been outsourced by designating aircraft manufacturer employees to do the work on behalf of the FAA. This, of course, has created inherent conflicts of interest, when employees working for the company whose products must be certified to meet safety standards are the ones doing much of the work of certifying them. There simply are not nearly enough FAA employees to do this important work in-house.”

“To make matters worse, there is too cozy a relationship between the industry and the regulators. And in too many cases, FAA employees who rightly called for stricter compliance with safety standards and more rigorous design choices have been overruled by FAA management, often under corporate or political pressure.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/c...e-faa-went-wrong-in-this-ugly-saga-2019-03-19

Ok so gaining our Scope would bring in more Dues payers for the IAM. People here are always saying that the Unions are only in it for the Dues.

So gaining our Scope in both Groups brings in more jobs for the IAM. Plus we’re starting to fall behind in wages compared to our peers so that’s another area that both Unions are missing out on those Dues. Adding it up can come out to a lot of income.

And as far as an impasse and an imposition I highly doubt it. It’s never happened before in the Industry so I don’t think we’re going to set precedent.

Don’t forget they also stress Scope. That’s more the focus I see than anything else. But everything outstanding is being focused on.

Gen did you see that Envoy CSA Medical offer of 18% going up over time? I want you to keep that piece firmly in the back of your mind and watch what happens.

The IAMPF remember doesn’t bring in more Dues revenue. Wages bring in Dues.

scope is not going to gain until there is some movement from the iam and their issues. which wont happen so look for an impasse years from now. the lack of vision for the future from both the iam and the twu is very discouraging.what they stress to the mushrooms (the membership) is not whats in the fore front of their priorities. the iam has acted like they class bully exploiting its position over the association from day 1. hopefully the membership will wake up one day (doubtful) and see the association for what it is. until then look for aa employees to languish in purgatory and bankruptcy benefits....while iam members reap the benefits of the takeover.

the iampnf does not bring in dues, but it does bring guaranteed revenue to the iam, a 401k match does not. they WILL NOT GIVE THAT UP, EVER until forced. until then we will never see a jcba. yes they are focused on dues payers but just what they have. they dont have the vision to get the membership onboard with transparency and communication. no it will be settled either thru impasse or a backroom deal will be made

Status
Not open for further replies.