American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t the association put an article in the USA Today on how the company is not willing to negotiate in good faith and the mediator was see driving away with Jerry Glass company lawyer

If the clowns want to cut then they must cut the the fat pork..mgmt wise. Every week theres a new clown. Yet they want to outsource. Why not outsource mgmt. Got bunch of idiotic clueless mgmt runnin AA. Time for new mgmt team
Many CSM's that know little or nothing. Also many changes such as getting assigned by a scanner and making a large part of the work as assigned. Always looking to screw the work force and having it backfire. Company does not seem to care about much of anything, including customers. Company has morphed into a low class outfit, that happens to have a lot of money. Like Scrooge.

Tim one of the negotiators said we are likely headed to a PEB isnt that a coin flip, a gamble that we could lose more than what the company is offering?

The flying public doesn’t care, they only care about ticket prices.

The TWU has been very vocal in social media getting the word out and the IAM has joined them. Are you going to participate in the Informational Picketing on March 28th? I’ll be out in CLT, will you be out in PHL?
Are you catering the event are your workers unionized?

WeAAs, there is no NEWS here. The company is not moving off their position and neither is the union. What more can the mediators do that hasn't already been done?

Metal I’m curious? Let’s say the Association relented and accepted exactly what the Company has offered and it passes. Are you going to tell me that people aren’t going to be in just a little bit of time calling the Unions a bunch of sellouts and incompetent for bringing the deal back for a vote?

I’ve seen that Movie time and time again over my career at every Airline and within every Represented group out there.

BTW I honestly and sincerely don’t like the offer and would be one of those no voters.

Tim one of the negotiators said we are likely headed to a PEB isnt that a coin flip, a gamble that we could lose more than what the company is offering?
baskett said that but he doesnt understand. The company may even want a PEB to hammer us, as it would, if it felt its offer was comparable to delta and united.
But Trumps NMB has made it clear, no peb and 30 day cooling will happen.
Trump already B slapped Sito once and forced arbitration.
Baskett/Fairbanks -1
Trump +1

Metal I’m curious? Let’s say the Association relented and accepted exactly what the Company has offered and it passes. Are you going to tell me that people aren’t going to be in just a little bit of time calling the Unions a bunch of sellouts and incompetent for bringing the deal back for a vote?

I’ve seen that Movie time and time again over my career at every Airline and within every Represented group out there.

BTW I honestly and sincerely don’t like the offer and would be one of those no voters.
WeAAz...Neither side is moving.Time to move on. I am not advocating relenting. So why not ask to be released from mediation? Why not go to binding arbitration?

I

Yes thanks to the TWU.

Uh huh. Let’s make it real again. In the Airline Industry since 1978 that would be AFA, AMFA, APA, ALPA, APFA, CWA, IAM, IBT, TWU, ETC, Non Represented, Support Staff, Some Management, and again ETC.

But anyway I digress.

So the Association represents 30,000 people at AA which makes up about 25% of the entire Airline. What number do you think would be acceptable for us to shrink down too? 25,000? 20,000? Less?

We’re the ones today who make that decision for the future.

And BTW all those years that we pretty much had no choice to capitulate on and you were very pissed off about and now FINALLY economically we don’t have to but you want to do it now?

I can’t wrap myself around that way of thinking (Seriously)

Uh huh. Let’s make it real again. In the Airline Industry since 1978 that would be AFA, AMFA, APA, ALPA, APFA, CWA, IAM, IBT, TWU, ETC, Non Represented, Support Staff, Some Management, and again ETC.

But anyway I digress.

So the Association represents 30,000 people at AA which makes up about 25% of the entire Airline. What number do you think would be acceptable for us to shrink down too? 25,000? 20,000? Less?

We’re the ones today who make that decision for the future.

And BTW all those years that we pretty much had no choice to capitulate on and you were very pissed off about and now FINALLY economically we don’t have to but you want to do it now?

I can’t wrap myself around that way of thinking (Seriously)

All I am saying is that at the end of the day the company will win out. History can and will repeat itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.