American Airlines CEO's salary set at $700,000

Lets all do our part and try to get that $150  for Ontime performance and baggage handling so Parker and the boys can get their 2x700.000 for the year.   

F***..... That !!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
eolesen said:
This is the airline you asked for.
In all fairness, the union LEADERSHIP asked for it...No, No,,,,they begged for and demanded it along with the creditors!
I don't recall getting a ballot in the mail!

Reactions: 2 people
As E posted, we asked for it.  The creditors were not pro-merger.  The reason they fell into step was they feared that if the merger were not approved, union unrest would cause AA to fail once we emerged from BK.

Now, it's on to the races.  Let's see if DP comes through on the promises he made to our unions, or if past history repeats itself.

jimntx said:
As E posted, we asked for it.  The creditors were not pro-merger.  The reason they fell into step was they feared that if the merger were not approved, union unrest would cause AA to fail once we emerged from BK.

Now, it's on to the races.  Let's see if DP comes through on the promises he made to our unions, or if past history repeats itself.
The creditors wanted a change in management....
As I posted.....I DID NOT ASK FOR IT..........

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
So he can pay the employees 20% less.

Isn't what this what most (but not all) wanted? Weren't the APA and F/A's union begging the creditors to have Horton and his team removed (the APA/APFA represented about only 20% of the creditor's committee) ? Weren't they the one's who sold their souls to the devil for this deal?

Apropos, thanks to FWAAA (and others), it turns out that $700k is Parker's base salary. With stock compention, Parker's worth in AAL stock (at its current price of >$31) is north of $48 million and Kirby's worth $24.8 million! <_<

Don't take my word for it,

http://biz.yahoo.com/t/84/6246.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=AAL+Major+Holders

mike33 said:
Lets all do our part and try to get that $150  for Ontime performance and baggage handling so Parker and the boys can get their 2x700.000 for the year.   

F***..... That !!!!!!!!!!!

That $700k is pittance to what he's really going to get.

eolesen said:
This is the airline you asked for.

+1!

MetalMover said:
The creditors wanted a change in management....
As I posted.....I DID NOT ASK FOR IT..........

Its actually the APA/APFA which really wanted the change. The creditors wanted their money back as soon as possible, they could've cared less who ran the ship. Not only that, Horton was was more than capable of running the show.

Reactions: 1 person
The IAM at US did not push nor lobby for the merger.

The APA, APFA, USAPA, TWU and AFA did, that would be the leadership, not the rank and file.