American Airlines Employee Theft

bna_trader

Feb 19, 2018
Hello forum. Looking for advice on how to escalate a theft issue. I (stupidly) left my laptop on a flight from the Dominican to Miami. I went through customs and realized my gaffe. I went to customer service and they rang the gate. After looking the gate confirmed they found my laptop and would process it through customs. It was to take 24-72 hours and would be sent to me. I was told to file a report through their lost and found link ... which I did. I called every day for 2 weeks to receive an update and they never returned my call. On day 14 I received an email stating they “could not find my item”. I have called multiple customer service lines attempting to escalate and they keep referring me back to the same number that has not returned a single VM (now upwards of a dozen).

Can you please provide any advice on how I can escalate this?

Hello forum. Looking for advice on how to escalate a theft issue. I (stupidly) left my laptop on a flight from the Dominican to Miami. I went through customs and realized my gaffe. I went to customer service and they rang the gate. After looking the gate confirmed they found my laptop and would process it through customs. It was to take 24-72 hours and would be sent to me. I was told to file a report through their lost and found link ... which I did. I called every day for 2 weeks to receive an update and they never returned my call. On day 14 I received an email stating they “could not find my item”. I have called multiple customer service lines attempting to escalate and they keep referring me back to the same number that has not returned a single VM (now upwards of a dozen).

Can you please provide any advice on how I can escalate this?
First....I'm guessing that you will need to prove it was an employee that stole it.

Might have been stolen by Customs, might have been misplaced.

Assuming it was theft is fairly unsubstantiated. How do you even prove you left it on the airplane, or that it was found?...

Might have been stolen by Customs, might have been misplaced.

Assuming it was theft is fairly unsubstantiated. How do you even prove you left it on the airplane, or that it was found?...
Valid questions. I have the times and names of individuals documented in my lost and found submission. I have the names of the person I spoke to and the individual she spoke to. The other option is that they told me what I wanted to hear to get rid of me.

Unfortunately, "the other option" is probably the correct one. As much as I loved my job at American Airlines, I witnessed many occurrences of passenger being told what they wanted to hear so that the AA employee could get rid of the passenger. Might want to consider investigating if your personal insurance plan covers this sort of event.