American Airlines Group Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Full Year Profit

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-group-reports-record-123000458.html

• Record fourth quarter 2015 net profit excluding net special credits was $1.3 billion, up 17 percent versus the previous record set in the fourth quarter 2014
  • Record full year 2015 net profit excluding net special credits was $6.3 billion, up 50 percent versus the previous record set in 2014
  • Repurchased $1.1 billion, or 25.6 million shares, of common stock during the fourth quarter. In 2015, the Company repurchased 85.1 million shares for $3.6 billion

Reactions: 2 people
For full year 2015, the Company reported a record GAAP net profit of $7.6 billion, or $11.07 per diluted share, compared to a GAAP net profit of $2.9 billion, or $3.93 per diluted share in 2014.

6.3 billion and none for you!

almost 1 year and 2 months since EVERYONE but association members got a 4% raise and almost 9 months since the fix was in on the association. and we still have nothing to show for our sacrifices. nothing but empty promises. nothing.

6.3 BILLION AND WE SEE NOTHING.

sorry the preamble has been agreed too......

Reactions: 4 people
700UW said:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-group-reports-record-123000458.html

• Record fourth quarter 2015 net profit excluding net special credits was $1.3 billion, up 17 percent versus the previous record set in the fourth quarter 2014
  • Record full year 2015 net profit excluding net special credits was $6.3 billion, up 50 percent versus the previous record set in 2014
  • Repurchased $1.1 billion, or 25.6 million shares, of common stock during the fourth quarter. In 2015, the Company repurchased 85.1 million shares for $3.6 billion

company repurchases stock so they can distribute it to themselves. when you exit bankruptcy you distribute all stock. its like a shell game.

and again we have seen NOTHING but excuses and delays and swinging carrots. it we get an update on negotiations that is bullshit, time to move on and seek different representation. pathetic simply pathetic.

WeAAsles said:
From Earnings Call:

"Most restricted cash is for workers compensation"
i.e. everyone but association members. they are easy they just dream about it. we dangle a carrot and they believe.

Parker:

"Wall Street not seeing the trees through the Forrest"

Buying back more shares because they believe the value of those shares is worth it.

Talking about shares not being worth fair value.

Talking to the investors about the hardships employees have gone through and that the investors don't like the fact that employees are being restored.

Paid down all high cost debt in the company. Borrowing at 4% and saving cash is the right thing to do for shareholders. Right way to manage the cash generated by the company. Borrowing well below investor rates.

Has a different view then competitors.

Reactions: 1 person
dfw gen said:
i.e. everyone but association members. they are easy they just dream about it. we dangle a carrot and they believe.
Restricted would mean not being used because it's earmarked for something else.

Now if you don't mind I'd rather pay attention to what they have to say rather than you. Nothing personal.

WeAAsles said:
Restricted would mean not being used because it's earmarked for something else.

Now if you don't mind I'd rather pay attention to what they have to say rather than you. Nothing personal.
keep dreaming chief, keep dreaming. next quarter when you are listening to the same thing let me know about that dreamy big raise..

and all that restricted cash for the hardships you have endured.....

Contract talks with TWU IAM:

Confident talks will be concluded quickly but probably not this quarter?

dfw gen said:
keep dreaming chief, keep dreaming. next quarter when you are listening to the same thing let me know about that dreamy big raise..

and all that restricted cash for the hardships you have endured.....
You're annoying.

WeAAsles said:
From Earnings Call:

"Most restricted cash is for workers compensation"
Uh, for those who don't know how restricted cash works... those holdbacks are to comply with Workers Compensation claims and liabiities.... not for your future paychecks.