American Airlines Just Surveyed All Its Employees – And Things Are Pretty Bad

Weez

I too saw this and I don’t think you should cite Gary as some definitive know all on everything AA. He runs a FF blog designed to get hits so people come and click on the links to apply for credit cards. He’s just sharing screenshots from JetNet someone leaked to him that really shouldn’t be put out for the public to see.

As for the results with the new LUS leadership team we all knew this would happen, many like myself tried to tell everyone look at how horribly they treated their current employees it’s not like we should expect them to be any better in the combined larger entity.

Josh

The first round of results from this survey, were far different, the vendor made a mistake, I'm glad to see the real numbers, not that this will bring any real change.

Weez

I too saw this and I don’t think you should cite Gary as some definitive know all on everything AA. He runs a FF blog designed to get hits so people come and click on the links to apply for credit cards. He’s just sharing screenshots from JetNet someone leaked to him that really shouldn’t be put out for the public to see.

As for the results with the new LUS leadership team we all knew this would happen, many like myself tried to tell everyone look at how horribly they treated their current employees it’s not like we should expect them to be any better in the combined larger entity.

Josh

Excuse me? Leaked or not is irrelevant since it’s already been shared on other Social Media outlets.

Personally I didn’t fill out the survey and refuse to give them a grade yet until they conclude our JCBA talks for 30,000 AA employees.

Putting out the survey to me at this time was nothing more than insulting.

Edit: But I will say that there was no group of Management ever at AA in my career that were worse than the group that led under Arpey and then Horton. They were total and complete pigs. As always good riddance.

Last edited:
Reactions: IORFA
And yet the company is making record profits.
and-i-helped.jpg

Gotta love that "bricks in our backpack" from Tom

Yes Bob that was Jeff Brundage. The S Bag you’re thinking of was Tom DelValle. The guy who said they’re not running a Hospital ward to describe the 80 Medically Restricted people who were going to lose their job if we accepted the POS offer prior to BK. The guy who started up “Eagle Ground Handling” to replace us and make $$$$$ for himself before the merger (How’d that work out for you Tom?)

And took a Karma slug in the gut in a gun shop.

Another peachy keen old AMR slug.

Yes Bob that was Jeff Brundage. The S Bag you’re thinking of was Tom DelValle. The guy who said they’re not running a Hospital ward to describe the 80 Medically Restricted people who were going to lose their job if we accepted the POS offer prior to BK. The guy who started up “Eagle Ground Handling” to replace us and make $$$$$ for himself before the merger (How’d that work out for you Tom?)

And took a Karma slug in the gut in a gun shop.

Another peachy keen old AMR slug.

Weez why so much bitterness to the old management who made the subjective judgement to bring you on?

Josh

I'd take the results with a grain of salt... things may be worse than what's depicted when you have only 60% of the employees responding.

Management will be over-represented in the responses, and front-line will be under-represented because so many have just given up that they won't waste the 7-10 minutes that this type of a survey requires to complete.

Weez why so much bitterness to the old management who made the subjective judgement to bring you on?

Josh

You didn't work there, so I suggest you keep your pie hole shut when it comes to bitterness justifications...

Tom Del Valle was the Harvey Weinstein of Field Services. You're a twenty-something who looks great in a short skirt? Congrats -- you just became a GM. Piss him off, or call him out on his bad behavior, and your career is toast. Tom would regularly "borrow" one of my team members to do PC upgrades at his house, install new electronics, etc... all on the clock. When my MD said to look the other way, that's about the time I started looking at jobs outside AA.

I'd take the results with a grain of salt... things may be worse than what's depicted when you have only 60% of the employees responding.

Management will be over-represented in the responses, and front-line will be under-represented because so many have just given up that they won't waste the 7-10 minutes that this type of a survey requires to complete.

Not quite. We’re already cluttered up to death with so much electronic imagery that we just aren’t going to take the time to add even more junk into our lives.

And everyone on this board already knows quite well your “personal” feelings against US so your opinions are compromised and invalid on these type of subjects IMO.

You didn't work there, so I suggest you keep your pie hole shut when it comes to bitterness justifications...

Tom Del Valle was the Harvey Weinstein of Field Services. You're a twenty-something who looks great in a short skirt? Congrats -- you just became a GM. Piss him off, or call him out on his bad behavior, and your career is toast. Tom would regularly "borrow" one of my team members to do PC upgrades at his house, install new electronics, etc... all on the clock. When my MD said to look the other way, that's about the time I started looking at jobs outside AA.

Ouch!!!!!! Maybe I need to reassess you? You’re not quite as one dimensional as I thought.

So be happy that the merger burned his little private enterprise ambitions to the ground then and hopefully it pains him every time he coughs or sneezes.

And I also heard he was the Harvey Weinstein of AA. Now there’s a piece of Garbage.