American Airlines Just Surveyed All Its Employees – And Things Are Pretty Bad

DAT days will alleviate a lot of the perceived CS issues...they won’t count against your CSOs...the people that will be affected most are those that work all their required hours in 1 or 2 days a week...a small percentage of the workforce...it will be around 64 CSOs per half year...also if you swap shifts they have to be put in at the same time from my understanding...personally I think we spend way to much time negotiating for people that don’t want to be here and have other jobs...need to be concentrating on issues for the people that rely on this job for sustenance...

that's a great attitude. unfortunately, lots of people stick up for themselves and don't like being taken advantage of. you know..don't tread on me..

anyways, i'm not sure how or why i portray myself as being as smart as you think i believe i am, but i'm smart enough to know that the scammers would love you in the work area they infect - you'd pull their weight.

it's kinda like stuart smalley as your local driver:
I don't think so, I for one have NO problem not towing the extra line when someone isn't. And furthermore calling out someone who is less engaged and reminding them of what the need to do, and never received and flak whatsoever form the CC.

Last edited:
””””””””””””””..personally I think we spend way to much time negotiating for people that don’t want to be here and have other jobs...need to be concentrating on issues for the people that rely on this job for sustenance.”””””””””””””””””..

Filter THANK YOU!!!!! I agree 100%. Even though a great thing about working in the Airline industry is the flexibility we work with too many people who want to be flexible out the door and never be seen.

And these people even though 1 is too many are a very very small minority of the overall workforce.

I don't think so, I for one have NO problem not towing the extra line when someone isn't. And furthermore calling out someone who is less engaged and reminding them of what the need to do, and never received and flak whatsoever form the CC.

you seem to be on both sides.

- very positive, turned off by the negative vibes from malcontents calling out the slackers and scammers.

- tough guy FSC jake, not towing the extra line, reminding those slackers of what they need to do.

which one is it?

Day at a time vacation.

For those of you on the AA side this is an IAM thing.

Say at the beginning of the year you get 20 days of vacation , you have several options on how to use them.

You can bid four weeks of block vacation.

You can bid three weeks of block and five days to use as a “Day at a time”.

Or you can bid two weeks of block and take 10 DATs.

This all comes out of your vacation bank.

You also get 10 holidays, if you work the day you can take it as double time and a half or you can take it as time and one half and then bank eight hours as a comp day.

If you don’t work the holiday you can take it as eight hours of straight pay or you can bank the eight hours as a comp day.

So a DAT is totally separate from the comp days.

Last edited:
It actually can.

If you put in for a DAT and it gets denied, you can shift swap off and use a DAT to get paid for the day and it doesn’t count as a shift swap used.

Ok but a DAT comes out of your next years Vacation allotment and if I understand it correctly the most you can use if you are at max Vacation is 2 weeks or 10 days. As I read some IAM contracts it could even be only 1 week or 5 days.

I’m sorry Tom but no the DAT days will not solve the issues of a more restrictive shift trade/swap agreement. There won’t be enough of them to cover the hours are TWU members like to play with.

And that also includes being able to exchange holiday hours for extra days off as well. That also will only make an extra 2 weeks or 10 days with 10 Holiday’s at Double Time.

you seem to be on both sides.

- very positive, turned off by the negative vibes from malcontents calling out the slackers and scammers.

- tough guy FSC jake, not towing the extra line, reminding those slackers of what they need to do.

which one is it?
You love a circular argument, I do not.

DAT days will alleviate a lot of the perceived CS issues...they won’t count against your CSOs...the people that will be affected most are those that work all their required hours in 1 or 2 days a week...a small percentage of the workforce...it will be around 64 CSOs per half year...also if you swap shifts they have to be put in at the same time from my understanding...personally I think we spend way to much time negotiating for people that don’t want to be here and have other jobs...need to be concentrating on issues for the people that rely on this job for sustenance...
There are plenty here on the IAM side with 2 jobs don't forget up to a couple of years ago we made $20.56 per hour. So it worked well for those working second jobs and those needing to pick up hours. I think you LAAers are worrying to much

There are plenty here on the IAM side with 2 jobs don't forget up to a couple of years ago we made $20.56 per hour. So it worked well for those working second jobs and those needing to pick up hours. I think you LAAers are worrying to much
I think you’re right Al, for all I care, they can get rid of it all together, wouldn’t bother me at all.