"American Airlines on High Alert...." (Another HB2 Tirade)

700UW said:
There is a cap on flights, there is no trying.
LAX has no caps on flights. LAX has a gate cap, and AA has been in acquisition mode with respect to gates.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
AA' s lease with LAX. has a flight limitation clause.
What's the maximum number of flights that AA my operate from LAX?

I can't find it. AA's lease for Terminal 4 was entered into on November 26, 1984, and runs for 40 years. I can't find any limitation on the number of flights that AA may operate.

TopDawg posted it in one of the LAX threads.

I'll PM him later.

There is an agreement between LAX and the neighborhood about flight limits.

700UW said:

I'll PM him later.

I'm glad you brought this up, I'm sure AA will withdraw their PEK application. Those junkyard dogs have sensitive hearing

Worldport said:
I'm glad you brought this up, I'm sure AA will withdraw their PEK application. Those junkyard dogs have sensitive hearing
Do you ever think?

AA knows how many flights they can operate at LAX.

700UW said:
Do you ever think?

AA knows how many flights they can operate at LAX.
No they had plans for a hub until you brought up the restrictions. They had no idea

700UW said:

I'll PM him later.

I think you are thinking about the limit on annual passengers. After X amount of passengers a year LAWA has to remove 1 gate for Y amount of passengers over X. California logic. 

but that agreement and gate cap is coming to an end. We will have to see what comes from that, but i expect LAWA is going to everything they can to get the gate count changed. (and expand TBIT and add Terminal 0 for WN)