American/JetBlue Merger

With all the senior management changes at Jetblue in the past five years, it's not unthinkable for an AA/B6 deal.

people express
Eastern airlines
Midway Airlines
Pan Am-sold at auction. It was on life support and the plug was about to be pulled.

Learn your history, guys... First, PE never declared bankruptcy, and second, didn't go out of business. They were merged (stapled) into CO in 1987 along with New York Air, but PE was never put into bankruptcy. Lorenzo and crew kept it out of the second CO bankruptcy, and it was actually the corporate successor when they restructured.

Missing from your list are Aloha Airlines and American Trans Air. Both ceased operations and liquidated somewhat recently. Then there's the less recent guys like Independence Air, Air South, Great Plains, Access Air, Vanguard, National v2, Midway v2, Pan Am v2, Legend, Kiwi, Altair, McClain's, MGM, Braniff v2, Braniff v3 and Pan Am v3.

I'm probably forgetting a few.

Moral of the story... airlines with less than 100 planes tend to go away in bankruptcy; the larger ones live to fly another day.

people express
Eastern airlines
Midway Airlines
Pan Am-sold at auction. It was on life support and the plug was about to be pulled.

Which reminds me of the irony in the news of late. Carl Ichan of TWA and Bob Crandall teamed up to bid up the price for Pan Am forever financially crippling Delta and now there is talk of Delta buyin AA which bought TWA

What WHERE the last ten bancruptcies?

American would have never stayed in the international radar had not Crandall bought the LHR routes from Icahn aka TWA. Maybe Crandall will talk to Uncle Carl ( worth 18B ) once more and AMR comes out of BK and buys USair, and B6 no merger, just both acquisitions. Since we're all fantasizing. Or even better AMR buys Delta with Crandall at the helm.. Hey no body knows...anything here.
WHAT ABOUT FRANK LORENZO BUYING B6 ????

So tell us how many airlines out of the last 10 airline bankruptcy's went out of business completely? Or as you say ceased operations? Are you from the US, or an age where you are unable to drink legally? Only reason I ask, is that your question makes it seem like you have no idea what you are talking about.

Yes I am a US citizen and I am 37. And I do know what I am talking about. Like read some rumors on the web that say the airlines might merge.

Reactions: 1 person
etops1. Read FWAA's post again, and see if if it makes any sense to you. Makes waaaay more sense than adding LCC into the mix.

IMO, there's no need to be mean to the OP.

What would B6 bring to AA? A return of a lot of passengers (and revenue) that AA has lost to B6 over the last decade. Plus a lot of JFK slots. A big BOS footprint and a return of a lot of SJU and other Caribbean traffic.

With DL finally introducing a form of Economy Plus (matching UA) and AA hinting at it in the announcement of the interior configuration of the new 777-323s, B6 interiors and AA interiors need not be all that different. B6 has slightly more legroom than AA in all coach seats (shades of MRTC) and sells some forward seats that have lots and lots of legroom (B6 version of F and even more roomy than UA's E+). B6 does have the live TV - dunno how financially viable that really is.

Boston? Before the "cornerstone" strategy, AA was long been a big airline in BOS and has long flown from BOS to LON and CDG. Over the last decade, of course, AA has retreated from BOS due to the very low fares at B6. JAL is going to fly BOS-NRT later this year and it might make sense for AA to become larger again in BOS.

Acquire B6 and eliminate a low-fare competitor that possesses some valuable assets.

Hey,...I say lets cut American6 a lil' slack. Though he's not the first one to tout B6, his topic starter makes significant sense.

Now you're under the "watchfull aviation eyes" of some heavy hitters on here(AA) American6.
Think your post(s) through wisely, and you'll be fine.
(Jesus, maybe I should've taken some of my own advise over the years) :p :p :p

37 ! Good GOD, what I'd give to be 37 again !!

Latest posts