American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

So roughly $69,243.20 a year.

The average income for someone with a Bachelor's degree in Oklahoma is $54,959.00.

The average income for someone with a Master's degree in Oklahoma is $66,331.00.

Let that sink in Bears.

I was getting paid more than most people with a Master's degree for doing janitorial work.

Why would I be pissed off at the company?

Last edited:
So roughly $69,243.20 a year.

The average income for someone with a Bachelor's degree in Oklahoma is $54,959.00.

The average income for someone with a Master's degree in Oklahoma is $66,331.00.

Let that sink in Bears.

I was getting paid more than most people with a Master's degree for doing janitorial work.

Why would I be pissed off at the company?
Sorry $32.29

SWAMT

LILULELO so you know is NOT even an airline employee any longer, I am NOT putting him down in any way, what packages get put out BY AA or any other carrier unless already published is just a guess.

I am though curious just active are you within your own carrier with AMFA? Do you attend the AMFA meetings? Are you a Shop steward? or even more? Do you chat with the AMFA leadership about what plans they have going forward at SWA?

I know you mentioned at one time you are out for medical.

SWAMT

Like you are there any of the M&R AMFA represented employees at SWA who want this to happen here at AA? If then maybe you can get some of them to come here or go to the other social media sites and tell us How AMFA treats it's membership especially the Facility and auto mechanics which for us here at AA is out Title 2 work group.

The Local that you belong to, are they on board with AA coming to AMFA, and I did hear a rumor that AMFA will soon have another carrier filing for representation.

Are you guys there going to keep the current leadership or what changes do you think may happen?

I have been laying low since the COVID-19 came into the picture. We will find out who and how many may or may not get accepted for the ExETO programs being offered and accepted by 7-15-20, should know the following week.
And I have not attended any meetings, as well, since the pandemic started.
As for the upcoming vote for officers, I haven't heard of any changes being talked about. I see Louie is still trying to get back in there. The VP spot has 4 running, not sure if Painter has done anything to get himself removed. I would say there should be all mostly the same as current. Haven't heard of any replacement talk so far.
As far as people here wanting AA in AMFA; Of course there are, however, there are also folks that are scared that if AA comes in they will take over the National, and that is very possible and could be, but they need to look at it as other airline mechanics look at it now where SWA has taken over the National, but they have not put any of the other airlines needs to the side at all. Matter fact Brett made even extra efforts to include and go in person a meet the other airline employees. I have always said they need to make positions at the National level for each airline within AMFA to have a seat and vote at the National level at all times. This way there is always someone representing all airlines at the National level. Just a thought...

I personally have him blocked because o think he is a bitter person that resents that he had to leave american. But it is what it is.
In this case i think he has a point about layoffs on maintrnance. I think there will be layoffs but not as deep as flight attendants and fleet service. Simply because the company cant hire mechanics, there are not many out there to replace us. It takes a little effort to get an A&P certification.especially if you were fleet service in tulsa fluffing pillows. Most are.not interested in midnights with shitty days off working holidays. But i could be dreaming. Who knows
There are going to be thousands from the trade schools other airlines major and regional alike out looking for a job.Its the chance for the company to right size aircraft and people Parker alluded in latest crew news.Dont forget how many aircraft they are retiring.

When I first clicked on this article I was in hopes that the 10-20% was the new number that AA was looking at, but, after getting into article they are reporting AA is still going to be 20-30% too heavy come Oct. When you have 133,000 plus employees and you may down size by 30%, ****, that's 40K people. I hope it doesn't get that bad. Delta said somewhere around 15-17% there. This does not look good come this fall folks, maybe, just maybe, they (gov leadership) will extend the airline assistance into March as they have talked about. At least if they did that we would see a better more truer picture of the industry by then. We can only hope...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-ceo-sees-10-211528750.html

There are going to be thousands from the trade schools other airlines major and regional alike out looking for a job.Its the chance for the company to right size aircraft and people Parker alluded in latest crew news.Dont forget how many aircraft they are retiring.
An online article I read puts the number at 100.

That being said when traffic picks back up American will do what they always do, aggressively expand. Also don't forget they just hired a TON of title 1 at TULE.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/b...nes-brings-foward-retirement-of-100-aircraft/

http://news.aa.com/news/news-detail...-to-five-fantastic-fleets-FLT-04/default.aspx

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business...cle_626c3554-77c9-535a-b211-0b5b05076b20.html

Without a doubt. Personally im taking a wait and see approach. Retiring would not be the disaster today then it would have been 5 or 10 years ago