American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

Thanks. I'll take it.

You know we say the same thing about blue states right?

As leftist destroy our national monuments and burn their own communities to the ground.

Defund and abolish the Police....... I mean you have to laugh at the stupidity of it.

Are you denying that UNIONs have had historical ties with communist? I REALLY don't think you want to open that door Bears. It won't work out in your favor.

You say the company gets people pissed off? Yes they have pissed me off to but it had nothing to do with pay and benefits. I don't care for the attendance discussions at TULE. I think they are a form of harassment and honestly I am surprised the company has not been sued over that BS. I also don't like the required social bias "training" (more like propaganda called training) which is really just there to pander or appease leftist groups. Unfortunately that is par for the course in corporate America today.

If you think the company is to blame then why did I not see the same issues when I worked on the company side? Things on the company side were not nearly so polarized. In fact it was a peaceful and productive experience.

Where I work now is not UNIONized and we don't have those sorts of problems. I in no way feel I am treated unfairly. Not then and not now. I mean good grief I was doing non skilled janitorial work making more than most of the college graduates I knew. What did I have to be pissed off about?

Great. Tell them to join this Forum then. Because that sure as hell is not what I see in these posts or in the last days of my shop.

Amtrak is nothing more than a money laundering scam.

Amtrak runs at a loss by design to justify public funding. The UNION converts those tax dollars into campaign contributions via UNION dues from overpaid workers while at the same time working their members to vote Democrat.

We have gone over this before and I know you know my beliefs on Amtrak so I really don't understand why you would bring that up.

La'.
You say that you 'good ol' boys' say the 'same thing' about us 'Yankees', and I'm sure you do.
I've been around a long time, and if there's one thing I've SEEN is the 'difference' between the two area's, when it comes to having 'FIGHT' in them.

The majority of the 'G-O-B's" (good ol' boys) will (rightfully) get pissed-off at the company, but in the 'end', wind up 'taking it in the shorts', although still be bitchin'.

Whereas the majority of the Yankees, BOS/NY/Philly, Will be bitchin' as well, NEVER 'take-it-in-the-shorts', and will find a way (by " ANY " means possible), TO 'GET EVEN' !!!!!! (If you'd like, I can expound on that more)

(A bit of a history lesson here, La') THIS is EXACTLY Why, AA moved headquarters(Company and TWU ) from NYC, to DALL ASS, meaning they KNEW that they'ed get FAR LESS push back from the G-O-B's !!

History has shown CLEARLY, that the attitudes up-here are a carry-over from days of the battle of Lexington and Concord (40 miles from me), Boston tea Party, the HUGE Irish, pro-union, Population.

Up here, we've been Fighting "the MAN" since the pilgrims first laid anchor in Plymouth(Rock) Massachusetts !

Your Turn !

We will find out who and how many may or may not get accepted for the ExETO programs being offered and accepted by 7-15-20, should know the following week.

And I have not attended any meetings, as well, since the pandemic started.

As for the upcoming vote for officers, I haven't heard of any changes being talked about. I see Louie is still trying to get back in there. The VP spot has 4 running, not sure if Painter has done anything to get himself removed. I would say there should be all mostly the same as current. Haven't heard of any replacement talk so far.

As far as people here wanting AA in AMFA; Of course there are, however, there are also folks that are scared that if AA comes in they will take over the National, and that is very possible and could be, but they need to look at it as other airline mechanics look at it now where SWA has taken over the National, but they have not put any of the other airlines needs to the side at all. Matter fact Brett made even extra efforts to include and go in person a meet the other airline employees. I have always said they need to make positions at the National level for each airline within AMFA to have a seat and vote at the National level at all times. This way there is always someone representing all airlines at the National level. Just a thought...

SWAMT;

Let us know if/when any numbers come out on the package that SWA is offering for early retirement. ( AMT's)

How involved were you before the CV19 pandemic started?

I did check out the candidates for the upcoming election, I am glad to hear that you haven't heard of any changes. I will be working with G. Painter on our transition team so that when we get a vote will will be ready to swap over to AMFA with as little as possible ripples. "YES" I did see that Louie was running he is an ok guy but some of his Officers during our last card drive were not to keen on us coming I am not really sure how louie felt. J. Madden was one that was just looking out for his job. Floyd was one that wanted us there.

Bret the Nat. Dir. NOW is ( X-AA ) So I don't understand why your guys are worried. If the Alaska guys, SWA guys Horizon, AA guys run it's up to the best for the job. None of us here at AA what to turn AMFA into the second coming of the TWU. Having a Asst. National Dir. for each carrier would be a GOOD thing.

La'.
You say that you 'good ol' boys' say the 'same thing' about us 'Yankees', and I'm sure you do.
I've been around a long time, and if there's one thing I've SEEN is the 'difference' between the two area's, when it comes to having 'FIGHT' in them.

The majority of the 'G-O-B's" (good ol' boys) will (rightfully) get pissed-off at the company, but in the 'end', wind up 'taking it in the shorts', although still be bitchin'.

Whereas the majority of the Yankees, BOS/NY/Philly, Will be bitchin' as well, NEVER 'take-it-in-the-shorts', and will find a way (by " ANY " means possible), TO 'GET EVEN' !!!!!! (If you'd like, I can expound on that more)

(A bit of a history lesson here, La') THIS is EXACTLY Why, AA moved headquarters(Company and TWU ) from NYC, to DALL ASS, meaning they KNEW that they'ed get FAR LESS push back from the G-O-B's !!

History has shown CLEARLY, that the attitudes up-here are a carry-over from days of the battle of Lexington and Concord (40 miles from me), Boston tea Party, the HUGE Irish, pro-union, Population.

Up here, we've been Fighting "the MAN" since the pilgrims first laid anchor in Plymouth(Rock) Massachusetts !

Your Turn !
I would say it is far more likely AA moved their HQ there due to a combination of market forces (DFW is the 4th busiest airport in the United States) and NY's crushing regulations and taxes. Texas is simply more business friendly.

For all your blustering of "fight" the Yankee airports seem to be running just fine.

dont let facts get in the way. dfw was nothing before aa moved their headquarters and built it as a hub. a fun fact is that Crandall's first choice was St Louis is was more centrally located than dfw. at that time St Louis had TWA and they were not interested in catering to AA. AA put the dallas fort worth area on the map, if it was not developed as a hub Business's never would have located their. yes aa moved their headquarters to dfw due to cost and regulation. to this day the cost of flying in out of DFW i.e. the landing fees are subsidized by the cost to enter the airport and and the cost of eating and drinking. i might be wrong but i am not aware of any airport but dfw that charges to get ON the airport. every car entering pays at least $2.00 for the privilege of entering to subsidize the landing fees. Crandall cut an amazing deal at DFW airport. to this day they depend on each other for survival.

I would say it is far more likely AA moved their HQ there due to a combination of market forces (DFW is the 4th busiest airport in the United States) and NY's crushing regulations and taxes. Texas is simply more business friendly.

For all your blustering of "fight" the Yankee airports seem to be running just fine.

From a financial prospective, Yes, moving out of NY made sense, BUT that's only(maybe) half the story.

Stop for a minute, and ask yourself, WHY is the TWU Sooooo POWERFUL in NYC/PHL, (Subway systems), but ' lap dogs ' in places like DFW/TUL , and Yes, Even ORD ?????

So Now, your next homework assaignment is to google
' Hard Landing /Alex Shanahan ' !

THEN, after you 'peruse' a little bit, we'll 'converse' a bit further !

From a financial prospective, Yes, moving out of NY made sense, BUT that's only(maybe) half the story.

Stop for a minute, and ask yourself, WHY is the TWU Sooooo POWERFUL in NYC/PHL, (Subway systems), but ' lap dogs ' in places like DFW/TUL , and Yes, Even ORD ?????

If I remember correctly, AA had committed about 2 million dollars in planning and pre-construction(early 1980's dollars) at St Louis when they pulled the plug and decided on DFW.

La'.

Your Turn !

Perhaps.
But that goes only to the Financial aspect of the discussion, that I'm having with La Li Lu Le Lo.

Paul 2.

No need to apologize to me Brother.
I Always like to read stories from the good ol' days, and especially stories from our old boss (Uncle) Bobby Crandall.

SamuelsenHero.jpeg

SWAMT;

Let us know if/when any numbers come out on the package that SWA is offering for early retirement. ( AMT's)

How involved were you before the CV19 pandemic started?

I did check out the candidates for the upcoming election, I am glad to hear that you haven't heard of any changes. I will be working with G. Painter on our transition team so that when we get a vote will will be ready to swap over to AMFA with as little as possible ripples. "YES" I did see that Louie was running he is an ok guy but some of his Officers during our last card drive were not to keen on us coming I am not really sure how louie felt. J. Madden was one that was just looking out for his job. Floyd was one that wanted us there.

Bret the Nat. Dir. NOW is ( X-AA ) So I don't understand why your guys are worried. If the Alaska guys, SWA guys Horizon, AA guys run it's up to the best for the job. None of us here at AA what to turn AMFA into the second coming of the TWU. Having a Asst. National Dir. for each carrier would be a GOOD thing.
I will let ya know. I think we should all share that info with one another for our specific work groups (Pilots/F/A's, Mechanics) . Deeply involved years ago. I was one of the biggest AMFA supporters, proudly, stepping up with "jet" back in the days when we fired teamsters and brought AMFA in.
I really don't see Painter leaving (hope so anyway). I do see 3 others running for his position, but from what I seen, it would be better, more efficient and just plain easier to leave him in place as he is well diversed on the position as well as everything in the works currently. Painter is a dam good union man to have as representative. Louie was more about getting all airlines onboard to get the mechanics class and craft throughout the industry, it was the folks that were under him that he was butting heads with on getting AA with AMFA. Floyd and Coonrod were very strong advocates of you guys coming into AMFA, all the others were scared to lose their position so they stirred it up at every chance. Now would be the best time to move for AA to come into AMFA.
I heard a rumor that Spirit was collecting cards too, so I was wondering who would file first, you guys from AA or those guys from Spirit? Not sure where their card drive is today, pretty sure it slowed down with the C-19 going on too.
Good Luck. Hope you all file prior to the end of summer. Just remember, you guys might wanna have someone sleeping in Washington while filing, never know how quickly they may have to react... :)

It'll be "right sized" by mid 2021 as Parker alludes to but I'm pretty sure they'll be some interim "sizing" done this Oct.

Bears I am not interested in reading a book about fictional characters.

https://play.google.com/store/books...Series_Hard_Landing_?id=k9KaBgAAQBAJ&hl=en_US

The fact you would submit a fictional "thriller novel" as proof of evidence debases your whole stance.

It also makes you look a bit silly.

What I have read (from 3rd party sources obviously) is they were laying off 30 percent of Managerial and support staff.

They are laying off 20 percent of front line workers with retirements and early outs figured into that 20 percent (for instance if they get 5 percent early out then they will only lay off 15 percent with job function obviously taken into account).

Another consideration I thought of but, this may be nothing, we have a TON of 737 MAX's grounded (24 I believe). Has the company already laid off to account for those aircraft lying dormant (or adjusted through attrition)? I guess that could be a silver lining in the wake of the 100 aircraft being retired. There is also the fact that TULE just hired what.... 400 people. Mostly Title 1 mechanics. I feel bad for them but on the plus side most of them should have their probationary period over with (therefore having recall)..... and it's not like they were topped out so it should be easier for them to find comparable wages. That might save a few people with higher seniority from hitting the street.

I am trying to find a silver lining here, work with me people.