American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by jimntx, May 21, 2020.

1. NewHampshire Black Bears

There has NEVER been a reply of your's, that you've made on these boards, that I AGREE with you, More On !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Not really. Pretty certain the airlines' money came out of the aviation airway trust fund, which is where Federal ticket taxes go to fund things like ATC NextGen. It was already collected from previous sales and not spent, so nothing really lost as far as Congress is concerned.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

Besides when last was the government worried about wasting money,?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ALUS78

ALUS78 Veteran

Saw an article the other day about all the worldwide aircraft being grounded I wonder what's going to happen to manufacturers and suppliers that's a chit load of jobs.Pretty big glut especially if huge airline with fairly new aircraft fails

5. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Maybe, but I think the intent of these packages was more akin to disaster relief than anything else. The 6 mos. of covering payroll gave carriers time for either the market to rebound or figure out what their recovery plan was.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Veteran

everything i've read about the cares act uses terms:

- public funds
    - taxpayer assistance
    - taxpayer compensation
    - taxpayer risk

7. swamt

swamt Veteran

I was referring to the time back when COVID-19 popped up on radar and the AA mechanics, fleet and other ground employees have yet voted on their contract offer. They were trying to get the final writings finalized and put out in writing, I even thought it was prior to the international voting for it to come out as well, and I was thinking that AA may pull the offer off the table before it gets finalized and all that. But was surprised to find AA was still going to allow the offer to stand as it was even after they new this crisis was going to get real bad real fast.

8. swamt

swamt Veteran

Agree that if UAL starts the layoffs others will follow in order to keep up.
    I say it will be a toss up on who does it first though. AA or United? Hell Delta may come in here first off and pull the lower hours and/or reduced pay along with it. Who knows at this point? All we do know is changes are coming sometime this year. How drastic and how deep will be the questions that need to be answered.

9. 1AA

1AA Veteran

The current JCBA is being utilized for the most part. Most articles took affect almost immediately. Other articles will fall into place over time.
    There was a letter explaining this from the association. Unfortunately some stuff wont take affect for a while which pretty much makes you wonder how prepared the Company and the dysfunctional association were when they agreed on articles they knew could not be implemented for a while.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. swamt

swamt Veteran

#70 swamt, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  11. swamt

swamt Veteran

To be quite honest, I have never been able to figure out the mentality behind any contracts nego at AA even before this asso. when it was TWU. IMO everything should be enacted all on day one of agreed to date or DOS. In the past the TWU has also nego unwritten and non finalized language and even had a vote pass it, then they finalized the unfinished and non written language after they new is was passed. That is just beyond me that any union would ever agree to such unprofessional methods of doing business especially when long and detailed contracts are used. Does anyone thing any one of your CEO's, CFO's, Pres, VP's etc... Any of these folks would sign an unfinished employment contract before any and all language is finalized or left unwritten? Not a chance in hell guys. So why would this asso. do it to their members? You guys really do need to get rid of this asso. before they completely destroy the Mech and related careers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Lower hours at DL are now in effect through 9/30. They have been pretty clear that they prefer hour cuts/leaves to cutting base rates. Whether that's due to the CARES Act or not remains to be seen.

• Useful Useful x 2
  13. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

Kev, who is "they?" The workers or the managers?

14. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Oh sorry- I should've been clearer.

"They" = The C-Suite at Delta.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Hell, they can't even figure out an effective date.....

Maybe they'll fill that in later!

The Front Cover.....

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 8.33.28 AM.png

• Funny Funny x 1