American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

The big 4 all report big losses for 3Q.

Delta 5.3 Billion loss
AA & UAL Both tied at 2.6 Billion Loss
SWA 1.16 Billion Loss

If no extension for Payroll Protection Program before end of year SWA too will be faced with possible layoffs and/or furloughs in 2021 and this was one topic GK discussed in an one on one interview yesterday.
Congress, get off your a$$es and get a freaking deal done! Extend the PPP.
I am yelling at both sides, put all your personal issues aside and come to an agreement for the American workers. If SWA has to layoff or furlough involuntarily one employee, that will be remembered in November. Get it done or else see you seats gone in November...

And I'm convinced we'll see additional layoffs from the big 3 by late winter if the covid numbers continue to rise and the summer bookings don't dramatically increase.

Well all you folks who support Biden Harris I sure hope you like your job right now because if they win and follow thru with there energy plans, every major industry especially transportation will suffer huge losses.
If you don’t want to believe me just read what is in the green new deal
They want eliminate fossil fuels
Oh by the way we have no substitute for such to fly planes or drive cars.
So yeah good luck with that

Well all you folks who support Biden Harris I sure hope you like your job right now because if they win and follow thru with there energy plans, every major industry especially transportation will suffer huge losses.
Do u really think it will come to fruition? Will need oiln fuel for way too many. Yes I'm voted Biden n Harris because I see them as a better choice than current one. but given the 2 houses whether its Democrat or Republican not much gets done anyhow. They spend more vacation time away from office. Look to covid relief as proof

Ohhh,, watchout!! The sky is falling and entire industries will come to an end!!! BTW, don't worry about the 200K+ people dead. It'll magically disappear....

200K dead , but 180K where likely dying this year no matter what. Lets get real we shut the world down for a slightly worse version of the freaking flu! And it was done by the elites for one reason only......

Of course they want to eliminate fossil fuels. They want to transition Americans from a globally traded commodity (which they don't fully control) to a government regulated utility (which they DO fully control). The Green New Deal is nothing more than a Democrat power grab.

Reactions: V.O. Reason
200K dead , but 180K where likely dying this year no matter what. Lets get real we shut the world down for a slightly worse version of the freaking flu! And it was done by the elites for one reason only......
I had COVID. It is a bit more than the FLU I assure you. I could not even ride in the SUV to go to the hospital because I could not make the trip. I had to have an ambulance take me.

That being said Remdesiver and convalescent plasma had me feeling much better within 6 hours. My wife had COVID to and had little to no symptoms.

All this being said Trump can't control a virus any more than any of you can control the weather.

My wife heard a rumor that American Airlines is going to have another round of voluntary early outs and are considering bankruptcy. Normally I blow off products of the TULE rumor mill but I just don't know this time. Have any of you heard this rumor?

She also stated the company wanted to recall some of the title one they laid off recently. Is that because the government is allowing the 737 MAX to go back into service? Is it because American Airlines overshot on the layoffs? Is it just another BS rumor from the TULE rumor mill?

My wife heard a rumor that American Airlines is going to have another round of voluntary early outs and are considering bankruptcy. Normally I blow off products of the TULE rumor mill but I just don't know this time. Have any of you heard this rumor?

She also stated the company wanted to recall some of the title one they laid off recently. Is that because the government is allowing the 737 MAX to go back into service? Is it because American Airlines overshot on the layoffs? Is it just another BS rumor from the TULE rumor mill?

So if so La'.

Will you go back ?

Right.... we should all just cower in our homes and live in fear.
Nobody is saying that. Take precautions, don't HELP the virus, help protect others, mask up especially when you can't distance. Don't listen to the douchebag in WH and all the rest of the conspiracy nutjobs that think there's nothing to it. People are dying dude, that don't need to be, that's the reality.

Now, go put on your tin hat and look for aliens...