American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

BUT THEY 'DON'T', You Conservative BLIND FOOL !

Nah, not blind at all. There will be a day of reckoning for the public transit unions just as there was for Amtrak when they finally laid off staff in October. Won't go down that rabbit hole here, will save it for the cooler when the time comes.

Nah, not blind at all. There will be a day of reckoning for the public transit unions just as there was for Amtrak when they finally laid off staff in October. Won't go down that rabbit hole here, will save it for the cooler when the time comes.
I can’t imagine that the airlines won’t use this opportunity to bust the unions.

M T A, Metropolitan transit authority, NYC Subway ????????????

NOW I KNOW, you're a Deranged Conservative FOOL !!!!!!

M T A, Metropolitan transit authority, NYC Subway ????????????

NOW I KNOW, you're a Deranged Conservative FOOL !!!!!!

Just wait. Illinois wasn't able to change its constitution to do a "unfair" tax hike, so without new revenue, spending will need to be cut.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/repo...unning-fragility-of-illinois-public-pensions/

With McConnell keeping the Senate, the chances of blue state bailouts as part of a Covid bill remain miniscule, so its not just Chicago in this financial hole. Its NYC, BOS, PHL and WAS.

There's a heck of a lot of people not commuting any longer. Makes it easy to start laying off bus and subway workers. And I wouldn't rule out pay or pension cuts.

Wildcat walkout you say? Go for it.

A transit strike won't cripple the city the way it would have a year ago. It would hurt low income families but they don't complain like the lawyers, bankers and party donors do...

If cities have to cut police, fire, or bus drivers, who do you really think the voters will sacrifice first?

Hint: they really like their first responders.

Just wait. Illinois wasn't able to change its constitution to do a "unfair" tax hike, so without new revenue, spending will need to be cut.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/repo...unning-fragility-of-illinois-public-pensions/

With McConnell keeping the Senate, the chances of blue state bailouts as part of a Covid bill remain miniscule, so its not just Chicago in this financial hole. Its NYC, BOS, PHL and WAS.

There's a heck of a lot of people not commuting any longer. Makes it easy to start laying off bus and subway workers. And I wouldn't rule out pay or pension cuts.

Wildcat walkout you say? Go for it.

A transit strike won't cripple the city the way it would have a year ago. It would hurt low income families but they don't complain like the lawyers, bankers and party donors do...

If cities have to cut police, fire, or bus drivers, who do you really think the voters will sacrifice first?

Hint: they really like their first responders.
NY MTA in the hole 8 billion ridership is way down.NYC will never be the same

Have there been layoffs in maint? Whats the word on company outlook and plan?

Would like to get this forum back on topic by reposting D757's question on any layoffs (furloughs) in maint. as of so far. Also, if so, does anyone have the numbers? Stations??

Side note: Southwest just sent out first group of WARN letters to our stores employees represented by the teamsters. A total of 42 letters were sent out.
Still in talks with other unionized groups including the mechanics.