American rc versus d3

Jun 24, 2019
My girlfriend says there really isn’t a difference in Registered companion and d3 other than priority. I have a few questions though.

True or false: she says once she listed me as a d3, that you can’t list that person for registered companion for a year?
I didn’t even use the d3, it was just to bring her something through security.

True or false: with the way American flights are oversold these days, can you even non rev with a registered companion priority anymore anyway ? She takes the jump seat all the time as a d2, obviously I wouldn’t be able to do that.

Would we even be able to use the registered companion to travel together getting places on time without sitting in the airport all day ?

Last edited:
A person who has never done Math could be deemed stupid at math.

She gave it to her friend to go see his mother in Brazil years ago. Whether it was cash or exchange or sexual favors, who knows , they’re friends & he has it. She didn’t sell it on eBay or craigslist or anything.

I was just trying to figure **** out because I feel she’s being dishonest by saying she can’t put me on the rc or won’t put me on the rc as well as some other questions .

Patrick your girlfriend is probably still meeting up with old boyfriend.
your issues are with her not this blog..
get a grip man and move on..plenty of fish in the sea.

Totally not the issue. To be honest she doesn’t even know the answers to the questions I asked and I said I’d try to find out. I’d really appreciate if someone could answer my questions about d3 vs rc?

Listing me as a d3 just to give her some lunch and does that keep her from listing me as rc for a year?

Also. How efficient is it to travel with rc...can you leave and come back on the days you’re trying travel on ?

That’s all I was asking .

The difference between domestic partner and registered companion is the real issue here. A domestic partner--live together for 6 or more months (and can prove it) gets unlimited D2 travel and the same number of D1 passes as the employee. A registered companion can travel as a D2, but each time they do it reduces the employees number of D3 passes--if a trip takes 2 D2 passes (most do being round-trip) it reduces the number of D3 passes by 2 as well. When D3s are used up, no more travel for RC.

If you are already listed on her travelers list, you have to remain on her travelers list with whatever category she assigned to you for 12 full months before she can change your status or delete you from the list. Sounds to me like you are a lot more anxious to avail yourself of her travel benefits than to have a personal relationship with her. I wouldn't give you a pass to the bathroom.

If you're as dumb as you come off from your posts in the last 24 hours, I can see why she's keeping you away from her phone password and travel privileges.